• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

Coca-Cola Starlight. Actually decent stuff. Don't know if I've mentioned it here before, but if I haven't, it's worth trying. Don't let the appearance fool you - it's not fruity. Think spice instead, as in a gingerbread kind of spice. Spice Must Flow kind of spice. Very pleasant.

FMJ8Y_zWQAc1f6g?format=jpg&name=900x900

Actually this was yesterday, but I went to Cookies Cafe in Golden City Missouri for pie.  It's a small diner in a small town, but it has the best pie I've had almost anywhere.  And a massive selection of them.  Check out the pie section of their menu.

https://www.cookycafe.com/menu

I'm trying a meatless shepherd's pie that was on sale. It's not bad, but my next question is, "So why then do you even need the shepherd?"

I some how managed to get some limeade into my nasal cavity.  This is not pleasant.   I think I've gotten it all out but it still stings a bit.  It's better than when I get rice in there, but it's still painful.

Bumble Bee "Snack On The Run!" Tuna Salad Kit with Crackers

Actually not half bad, when seasoned with Saltverks' Birch Smoked Salt. I bought some of their stuff after I saw Gordon Ramsay do some world tour show to Iceland, wherein he visited Saltverks and made some salt (not smoked) himself. I was sold by the company owner's verve. Purchased a couple of bottles then and there.

18 hours ago, mlooney said:

I some how managed to get some limeade into my nasal cavity.  This is not pleasant.   I think I've gotten it all out but it still stings a bit.  It's better than when I get rice in there, but it's still painful.

I have never snorted limeade nor rice. What possessed you to try? Is this something we should all be considering? Was it due to a prank? Was the rice at least cooked?

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I have never snorted limeade nor rice. What possessed you to try? Is this something we should all be considering? Was it due to a prank? Was the rice at least cooked?

Ever get milk to come out your nose when laughing?  Same effect, I just get it when I eat or drink to fast.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Ever get milk to come out your nose when laughing?  Same effect, I just get it when I eat or drink to fast.

Fortunately, I was not drinking milk just now ...

Just now, Darth Fluffy said:

Fortunately, I was not drinking milk just now ...

I've been living on milk for the last couple of weeks.  Too hot to cook so I've been getting a lot of my daily calories from several glasses of milk a day.

Trying Lotus Leaf Buns in steamer, picked them up at a local Korean supermarket. They look interesting, never had then that I can recall, still steaming.

I live in an increasingly interesting area. The local movie theater that I can walk to now has a few Bollywood movies in Tamil, I think it will be a regular thing. Old one closed due to COVID, now reopened under a new brand (Paragon). And, since they are trying to attract customers, movies are currently $6.00, so I've seen a few this last week. Have not even attempted a Bollywood movie, so I didn't ask if they have English subtitles. The few I've seen before, Marigold Wedding is one I recall, had a different sensibility to them, so I might watch, but not drawn to them unless a friend is hyping one.

The Korean food chain is pretty good, but I don't have a clue what half the stuff is.

53 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

The Korean food chain is pretty good, but I don't have a clue what half the stuff is.

Just remember, Kim Chi IS NOT an Anime Magical Girl with Spice based powers

She DOES NOT have a clueless jock boyfriend who is obsessed with the magic girl who looks exactly like his girlfriend without realizing they're the same person

She IS NOT pursued by an older female star athlete at her school who keeps awkwardly trying to seduce her

She DOES NOT face monsters and henchmen week after week who are sent by the same mastermind that happens to be the vice principal of her school and yet they can not confront each other IN the school

She DOES NOT have a stuffed penguin wearing a scarf and beret that is actually an alien robot that speaks with an outrageous French accent

She CAN NOT hop on any bicycle and transform it into a rocket motorcycle that can drive up walls and cliffs or skip like a coin over open water for miles at a time

No.  Kim Chi IS NOT an Anime Magical Girl.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

She DOES NOT have a clueless jock boyfriend who is obsessed with the magic girl who looks exactly like his girlfriend without realizing they're the same person

She IS NOT pursued by an older female star athlete at her school who keeps awkwardly trying to seduce her

She DOES NOT face monsters and henchmen week after week who are sent by the same mastermind that happens to be the vice principal of her school and yet they can not confront each other IN the school

She DOES NOT have a stuffed penguin wearing a scarf and beret that is actually an alien robot that speaks with an outrageous French accent

She CAN NOT hop on any bicycle and transform it into a rocket motorcycle that can drive up walls and cliffs or skip like a coin over open water for miles at a time

No.  Kim Chi IS NOT an Anime Magical Girl.

If I'm recalling correctly, per Futurama, you are correct. Kim Chi was a male interpreter.

I've had Kim Chi, can take or leave, but it's like 'pickles', a pretty broad term.

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Too bad. I would pay good money to watch a show like you described.

16 hours ago, ijuin said:
19 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Too bad. I would pay good money to watch a show like you described.

Yeah, I would watch an anime ani like the one you described.  What is the generic term for Korean animation?

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

Yeah, I would watch an anime like the one you described.  What is the generic term for Korean animation?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Korean_animation

https://www.quora.com/Does-South-Korea-produce-anime-If-so-what-is-its-anime-called-and-how-does-it-differ-from-Japanese-anime?share=1

Just now, mlooney said:

Noted and corrected.

You need an animation department at Pennsic involving string puppets for period authenticity.

Scrambler Bowl, an omlette without folding.  

Apparently the combo of jajapenos, pepper jack, black pepper & cholula does not exceed my limit.  What should be added next time?

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Ran out of attachment space

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

It seems my tollerance for the heat while eating has increased.  But my sensitivity to the sneaky after burn has also been elevated.

I hadn't eaten any thing with capsaicin in about a year.  Made a plate of fake crab with "extra hot" cocktail sauce.  Needed to drink some milk while I was eating it.  Still not what I would really call "extra hot".  On the other hand my tolerance for horseradish is over the top.