• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

55 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

There, damnit! I have finished off my black-eyed peas. I didn't eat any on New Year's Day 2022, and the year flat out ***sucked***. Let's see if this makes any difference whatsoever in 2023.

I ate half a can of black-eyed peas today for lunch.  I don't remember if I had any NYD 2022 or not.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I knew the Greek gods were largely unemployed these days.  But you got one to cook for you?  I really need to check out Craig's list.

When you see 'seared Pan steaks', you know they've hit a low point. Bummer when you have a lower half that's goat.

Sliced and fried in butter a Lion's Mane mushroom I picked up at our local farmer's market last weekend (cultivated, not wild). It was very tasty, but not 6x to 8x store bought meadow mushrooms tasty, which is what it cost. Might try one of the other ones they had, out of morbid curiosity, but I'm not in a rush.

This is the first time I've fried in months.

A six-ounce container of fresh, chilled, organic raspberries. Ohmydearlordthey'resogood. Juicy and sweet. That, plus I had to have the fridge on "turbo chill" for a little while to get some sodas cooled down, so they're extra cold. Not too cold, just right. Om nom nom.

I buy berries regularly. The close grocery store has taken a nose dive in terms of quality, and I'm less satisfied with my recent berry purchases. Plan to find a better source.

Obtained a bottle of Rothman & Winter's crème de violette last night after learning that my son would be coming over to my house in the near future. You see, he's a budding amateur mixologist, and we've been discussing the possibility of creating a drink containing Rothman & Winter's crème de violette - "The Aviation." It's a cocktail that predates World War II, going back into the pre-prohibition era if memory serves, and it's made a comeback as of late.

We already have the other ingredients needed to make an Aviation - I have a bottle of Aviation brand gin (named after the drink, and company owned by actor Ryan Reynolds). My son has everything else, including the bar implements. I'm hoping he'll bring them over when he comes so that we can create the ancient cocktail.

In the meantime, I tried to create something called a "Blue Moon" cocktail tonight using the Rothman & Winter's crème de violette and the Aviation gin and failed, because my wife had thrown out the lemon juice we had (it was expired). I wound up using cranberry juice instead of the lemon juice, plus frozen cherries for extra flavor. The end result wasn't bad, per se, but I hope the Aviation cocktail tastes better when we eventually make it. ;) 

Got e-mail from my son - he's all in on making the Aviation cocktails when he comes over.

Today, I'm having more smoked salmon with capers and cream cheese on a bagel. I've come to realize that I'm addicted to capers. I'll get them out of the slim bottle, pour them into a small dish, and nibble on a few at a time, enjoying the vinegary goodness of the nasturtium buds. I've come to putting a ton of them on my salmon bagels now. Nom. :P

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Got e-mail from my son - he's all in on making the Aviation cocktails when he comes over.

Today, I'm having more smoked salmon with capers and cream cheese on a bagel. I've come to realize that I'm addicted to capers. I'll get them out of the slim bottle, pour them into a small dish, and nibble on a few at a time, enjoying the vinegary goodness of the nasturtium buds. I've come to putting a ton of them on my salmon bagels now. Nom. :P

If you made a plan to heist the salmon, that wold be a caper, right?

If you grow nasturtiums and let them bloom, the flowers are edible, they taste peppery. We've used them in salads; when our oldest was five he freaked out a visitor by showing off the flowers, then eating one (he knew they were edible).

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

If you made a plan to heist the salmon, that wold be a caper, right?

/me You get a star and an underline.

Melone melon liqueur and tonic water, (quinine water) about six ounces. (fl oz, water based, approx. equal to an oz weight). I use quinine water because it is an acquired taste, not for municipal porpoises.

41 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Is ramen noodles for breakfast a thing normies do?

Ramen noodles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner is a thing undergrad students do. I’ve been there.

On 1/27/2023 at 11:57 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Just ordered an antipasta salad for lunch.

I hope there is no uncontained pasta in the eatery.

They are usually separated chronologically (ante-, meaning before), and combine in your stomach. It should give you a really warm feeling.