• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

I'm in the process of eating a package of bacon.  I've got a microwave thing that makes it fairly easy to make 3 slices of bacon at a time.  Fortunately I like chewy bacon, so the fact that it's not really crispy isn't an issues.  Got 3 slices yet to go on the pack.  Gonna wait about 30 minutes before I finish it.

I have a device that makes it easy to cook up almost an entire package of bacon at once. It's called a foil-lined sheet pan, situated inside a 375-degree oven for 20-28 minutes, rotated after 15 minutes. Cooks 'em up crispy.

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I have a device that makes it easy to cook up almost an entire package of bacon at once. It's called a foil-lined sheet pan, situated inside a 375-degree oven for 20-28 minutes, rotated after 15 minutes. Cooks 'em up crispy.

While I can eat a whole package of bacon in a day, getting it all at once would be a problem.

Last night, the heading, 'What are you ingesting?' was positioned above 'Cats, Dogs, and Other Pets.'

I found this amusing. This does not speak well for my frame of mind, does it?

Back on subject, I've really been enjoying my box of "PG Tips Extra Strong Tea".  While I don't think it has any more caffeine that normal, it has a stronger taste.  Taste like you brewed the tea for 15+ minutes (after a normal 4 minute brew), but without the tannin bitterness. 

I had a bowl of multi-colored potatoes. Seasoned with butter and soy sauce (because I thought they needed salt, and I have a surplus of soy sauce packets). They taste like potatoes. The more colored ones have more nutrients, and the blue ones have less integrity when you try to puck them up with a fork.

16 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

and the blue ones have less integrity when you try to puck them up with a fork.

And after a few tries, they are really pucked up.

Speaking of which, I've just ordered Sunday breakfast from the local Black Bear Diner chain restaurant. Mrs. Prof and I are both having Eggs Benedict, but in different ways. She's having the "California Bacon" option, with bacon and avocado, while I'm having mine with a Chicken Fried Steak. Both come with a variation on potatoes and some fresh fruit.

7 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Speaking of which, I've just ordered Sunday breakfast from the local Black Bear Diner chain restaurant. Mrs. Prof and I are both having Eggs Benedict, but in different ways. She's having the "California Bacon" option, with bacon and avocado, while I'm having mine with a Chicken Fried Steak. Both come with a variation on potatoes and some fresh fruit.

The black bear is not what comes to mind when I think of 'Texas animal'. Perhaps in the mountains near New Mexico. I'd call a diner in Texas The Squashed Armadillo.

17 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Crab cakes with tartar sauce. Nom.

I love seafood. I've stopped eating it. Too many problems. Mercury, plastics, dioxins if it is farmed in SE Asia (much of it is), radioactivity if it is from the Pacific, over-fishing, use of slave labor.

I agree, I miss the crawly critters the most; shrimp, crab, and lobster, especially Maine lobster.

I would eat a fish if I caught it myself from a known safe inland source. But, damn, even tap water isn't trustworthy anymore.

Edited by Darth Fluffy
fix typo