• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

While not currently ingesting, I got a 10 lb bag of rice and a rice cooker.  I'm seeing a lot of rice based side dishes in my up coming meals.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

While not currently ingesting, I got a 10 lb bag of rice and a rice cooker.  I'm seeing a lot of rice based side dishes in my up coming meals.

Cool! What brand/model of cooker?

5 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Cool! What brand/model of cooker?

Aroma

Cheapest one of its size and features at Walmart to be honest.

4 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

*suspiciously* It doesn't summon elder gods on the side, does it?

Don't rightly know.  Still in the box.  That is not a listed feature however.

Just had some Chicken Tikka from Desi Wok, the "casual" Indian food place in town.  Last Saturday I had it at India Palace, the "fine dining" Indian place in town (there are more, but those two are the ones I know the most about).  Reading the great wiki's article on Chicken Tikka I find that, in fact, they are not quite the same dish.  India Place serves the "sizzler" version, which explains why they don't ask for a "spice" level and Desi Wok does.  Learn something new every day.

These spicy noodles my cousin told me about. They live up to the hype, I actually had to use milk to handle the burning sensation where with other dishes I don't need it, if I notice a burning sensation at all!

Letting a PGT tea bag sit in the hot water until the water is, well, luke warm at best, results in very freaking strong tea.

Not that I'm not drinking it, but I think I'm going to skip my morning quad espresso today.

For those people that care, the rice cooker does not, repeat does not, summon elder gods.

On the other hand, it does make rice quite nicely.  Having some with mushroom gravy and butter now.

About to try my "oatmeal plus raspberry jam" trick with rice instead of oatmeal. 

Actually pretty good, however because the rice doesn't absorb the water in the jam like oatmeal does it only needs half as much jam that a similar amount of oatmeal. Got a bit soupy. Will eat again. In fact might become my breakfast of choice.

Edited by mlooney
Post Ingesting report.

Some day, I will run out of ways of making a different rice based meal twice a day.

But today is not that day!

Just made oven baked bacon, cut into smaller pieces than I normally do, package pork gravy and rice, all mixed up in on big bowl.  Very freaking tasty.

Will make again, as soon as I get more bacon.

47 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Doesn't the inclusion of bacon invalidate the objectiveness of any taste test?

Not totally, I have had some Bad Food with bacon.  Normally over salted or with weird spiced, or both.  In general I can say that mint and/or rosemary in large amounts does not get along with bacon.  Also bacon doesn't save things that have weird textures.

Italian beef and cheesy garlic bread -- things have been too busy at work for lunch until now (5pm) so I've run to the pizza place next door to get them.  Here's hoping I have time to eat them, too!

The problem with the magic rice and water machine is that it needs, in addition to the rice and water, AC power. Something that I haven't had for some where around 18 hours. Off to make rice.

Rice made, buttered, sugared and eaten. I don't feel like I'm about to freak out any more. Need to get some breakfast bars AND HIDE THEM SO I DON'T EAT THEM EARLY for no power emergencies

Edited by mlooney
Post Ingesting report.

On 07/14/2016 at 3:50 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Doesn't the inclusion of bacon invalidate the objectiveness of any taste test?

I have now had it with and with out bacon.  With bacon is better.  not a lot better, but better.