• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Hmmm, tea plus spices plus milk?  You've reinvented Chai!

I know that.  I also don't mix milk and most spices in my tea.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I just had lemon chicken from a delivery "Asian Food" place.  Will Not Order Again.

Back before Aussie Rules Football was reliably on TV (other than the Grand Final), I used to get my fix by listening to the streaming radio feeds of the games. They had their John Madden equivalent (although much slimmer), who one night decided he was going to call out the scores using the dish numbers of his favorite Chinese Take-Away. At one point in the game the score became knotted up at 69-69—"Double Lemon Chicken, No Batter & Boneless." People were calling that the "moment of the match." I've still got a recording of it around here somewhere.

Leftover homemade chocolate truffles from MuseCon, along with a diet pomegranate soda that a member trucks down from Canada specifically for the con, which cannot be obtained in the states, and which I wait all year for my fix.  :-) :-D

Coffee with BariatricEating.com's Inspire High Protein Coffee Creamer (Vanilla Cinnamon flavor). Bit of a sham—on the front, it says "0 calorie natural sweetener." However, on the nutrition facts, it says a serving is 80 calories. I guess just the sweetener (stevia) is 0 calories. Anyway, it's got 8g of protein in a serving, which is worth it for post-bariatric patients like me. The stevia isn't sweet enough, so I toss in a couple packs of Equal to make up for it.

Woke up much earlier and had leftover shrimp sushi for breakfast. Bought extra yesterday with that intent.

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

The stevia isn't sweet enough, so I toss in a couple packs of Equal to make up for it.

Stevia is very much a matter of taste. Me, I'd add sweetener not to enhance the stevia, but to counteract it.

Or, if I don't want something bitter, I just don't add stevia.

3 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Stevia is very much a matter of taste. Me, I'd add sweetener not to enhance the stevia, but to counteract it.

Or, if I don't want something bitter, I just don't add stevia.

You share my wife's opinion of stevia, although I don't know if she finds it bitter. She just doesn't like it.

Damn it, though, she's found she can tolerate sucralose, which I'm allergic to. Makes up for her shellfish allergy, which I love. Problem is, shellfish aren't 0 calorie ...

37 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

You share my wife's opinion of stevia, although I don't know if she finds it bitter. She just doesn't like it.

Stevia is on my "loathe, hate and despise"  list.

Ohmydearlord.

HoWe Nuremberg Bratwurst breakfast links. Good lord. American sausage links have nothing on this stuff! Do yourself a favor and order it!!!

Just make sure you don't cook it too fast, and that you add a few drops of oil to keep it from sticking to the pan. Don't even need a knife to eat it if you cook it right.

Got some white tea described as "snowbud" -- "gathered in the early days of spring....an airy, light tea, very delicate body, with clean, barely sweet aroma and effervescent texture.  Our lightest, most gentle tea."

Well, it definitely doesn't have the bitterness of black tea!  This is quite yummy, and seems less vulnerable to overbrewing.  White tea has the most antioxidants and flavinoids, too, so this is a good taste and good for me!

So I'm at an outlet mall. One of the stores is a little snack shop that sells stuff like soda and giant pretzels. 

They sell pizza pretzels. As in, it's made of pizza crust and has pepperoni slices. 

Yum. 

7 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Something I ate yesterday did not agree with me.  I'm trying to figure out what it was by trial and error. 

I would skip the error part and take them straight to trial.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Time for someone to express horror at advocating tea in bags instead of loose-leaf, so we can get the Brits to fight each other....

I alternate, about 2 to 3 in favor of tea bag, but I do enough loose leaf tea that my tea canisters are a major part of my food storage area.  At least here.  I've been told that the new place has a huge amount of counter and cabinet space, enough that my sister in law, who has been my eyes on this project is jealous about the kitchen's space.  More on that after I've seen the place.

On 8/23/2017 at 4:37 AM, CritterKeeper said:

Time for someone to express horror at advocating tea in bags instead of loose-leaf, so we can get the Brits to fight each other....

I prefer to buy my tea in bricks... when I can find them.

It's nothing unusual to find a tea shop where the staff doesn't even know there are varieties that come in bricks. (At least the two shops in Missoula are better than that... neither one carries any, though.)

Oh, and the bricks should be dated. They start developing the depth I like at about 4-5 years of aging, although 8 years is (so far) the best compromise between taste and affordability.

The remnants of a slice of Chocolate Suicide Cake, after having finished half of an Italian Sub from a local Italian delivery place. Diet be damned, I need this, even if it hurts to swallow at the moment.

Popcorn made with 3 teaspoons of Mongolian Fire Oil added to the 1/4 cup of normal oil used to pop the corn.

Not sure if I like it, but it's different.  Might do again.

After reflection and eating roughly half of it cold, I'm pretty sure I'm not doing that again.