• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

You ever have an Imperial milk stout?

I've had Guinness Stout before if that counts. Otherwise the next closest might be Mill Street Brewery's Coffee Porter which, while only 5% alc, has a pretty good dark roast coffee flavour IMO.

3 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

16 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I've had Guinness Stout before if that counts. Otherwise the next closest might be Mill Street Brewery's Coffee Porter which, while only 5% alc, has a pretty good dark roast coffee flavour IMO.

Guinness is to an Imperial stout as Coors Light is to Guinness.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:
6 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Guinness is to an Imperial stout as Coors Light is to Guinness.

Especially when you factor in the "milk" portion of the equation. An Imperial milk stout adds lactose sugar in strange and wondrous ways to create a fantastic brew. I don't know of any that would be available in your area, but one of the more famous in these parts is one called "The Temptress" from Lakewood Brewing Company, and that's not even their best - just their most available. Check out Beer Advocate to see if there's an Imperial milk stout in your area. You will be surprised—pleasantly, I hope.

My brother and I took our parents out for dinner at The Keg Steakhouse for their 40th anniversary/dad's 67th birthday (yes dad got married on his birthday, we joke that he did it so he wouldn't forget the anniversary). I had a 12oz Peppercorn New York Strip steak with a twice baked potato and grilled veggies. My brother had a 20oz Rib Eye (bone in), also with a twice baked potato and veggies, both my parents had the fillet mignon and once baked potato and veggies. Me and my brother didn't get any desert but mom wanted to try the creme brulee and our waitress brought out a cappuccino ice cream cake for my dad's birthday, both the creme brulee and ice cream cake were bigger than expected so my brother and I ended up helping to eat those.

Too thin/watery steel cut oatmeal and tea that I over sugared.  I am less than happy about this.  All my fault, just bleh.  Bad Meal.

On 8/30/2017 at 6:58 PM, mlooney said:

Too thin/watery steel cut oatmeal and tea that I over sugared.  I am less than happy about this.  All my fault, just bleh.  Bad Meal.

Would nuking the oatmeal a bit get rid of some of the excess water?  Seems to work with the instant version, anyway....

30 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Would nuking the oatmeal a bit get rid of some of the excess water?  Seems to work with the instant version, anyway....

No Microwave

I don't remember ever having grape soda. Either I've never had it, or I just plain don't remember when I did.

Tastes alright.

6 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Don't want one really.   And not until after I move regardless.

Come, come now. After you move, join the 20th century. We'll take up a collection and get you a decent, inexpensive Sharp microwave. They last for decades. :P

Ah. Real jasmine tea.

After I got news that Teavana was closing down, I figured I'd better find a new source for my jasmine tea. Boy, did I.

The place is called Teavivre, and they're based out of China. I actually found tea with real jasmine flowers in it, and not oolong this time. Hell, I even found "tea" that was nothing but jasmine flowers! You've got to buy some rather large minimums (100g) or stick with the samples (14g), but if you get over a certain amount you get a free sample. I got a sample of Lapsang Souchong, just for grins. :)

Anyway, I just finished off a cup of the aforementioned Mo Li Piao Xue jasmine green tea. I think I let it steep a bit too long, but I'll get it right. I bought the version that comes in a tin—very nice. It even has an internal lid. Bought 100g of the straight jasmine herbal—it comes in a lightproof zipper bag. Also bought a couple of samples of Jasmine Dragon Pearls tea. They're rolled into balls that expand while they steep. Supposed to be cool to watch and just as good to taste.

You can buy using PayPal, which is a plus. The minuses? The tea has to be shipped from China. You've also got to keep it in the refrigerator. Finally, the little 7g sample packs don't re-seal (save the bags and put them in a larger re-sealable bag). IMHO, though, not bad enough to turn me away from the place.

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I got a sample of Lapsang Souchong, just for grins.

You will either love it, or hate it.  There isn't a middle way with that.

You've got to buy some rather large minimums (100g)

I usually buy my tea in 250g bricks. (Or I did when I had a supplier who carried the bricks - they moved to another, smaller shop and stopped carrying any bricks at all. Haven't found a new supplier yet.)

11 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

I usually buy my tea in 250g bricks. (Or I did when I had a supplier who carried the bricks - they moved to another, smaller shop and stopped carrying any bricks at all. Haven't found a new supplier yet.)

http://www.teavivre.com/pu-erh-tea/?selectoption=searchattrib&attribname=teapuerhtea&attribid=212

These are 200g cakes, but I think they're still what you're looking for.

Also:

http://www.teavivre.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=cake+tea

Some of the cakes/bricks are larger than 250g.

3 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Finishing up a slice of Pizza Hut cheese pizza (w/extra cheese)

Ah, about that those pool balls you are making,.  That's not going to help.  The extra cheese I mean,.

1 minute ago, mlooney said:

Ah, about that those pool balls you are making,.  That's not going to help.  The extra cheese I mean,.

Probably not. Forgive me. I can't help myself. That's one of the paradoxes of my diet. I have to go high protein due to my Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. I also need some form of dairy to offset a vitamin D deficiency. At the same time, I can't handle straight milk—the bypass made me intolerant of uncooked dairy. Cheese and yogurt I can handle, as long as it's not Velveeta queso.

9 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

as long as it's not Velveeta queso.

I have no medical reason to NOT eat that... product ... yet I don't.  About every 4 or 5 years I get it when I order queso or at a party and I can tell right off when I get it.  On the scale of barf to ambrosia it's a solid low "Bleh".  With enough things other than canned tomatoes added to it rises to a midlevel "Meh" 

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

I have no medical reason to NOT eat that... product ... yet I don't.  About every 4 or 5 years I get it when I order queso or at a party and I can tell right off when I get it.  On the scale of barf to ambrosia it's a solid low "Bleh".  With enough things other than canned tomatoes added to it rises to a midlevel "Meh" 

That reminds me of a time I was sent off to the supermarket with a list that, among other things, instructed me to buy bleach. Only the handwriting was not very legible so it looked like it said 'blech'. That made it a bit of guesswork as I could think of quite a few products that gave me that reaction, just not any good reason to buy any of them.

Leftover Pizza Hut Quepapas (Tater Tots with a touch of cheese and jalapeño), reheated in the microwave with some butter and then mashed with a container of Pizza Hut's Blue Cheese dip. Not the most nutritious thing, but Mrs. Prof didn't bring anything home after her work on the kennels and the cupboard is kind of bare at the moment.