• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

I'm not supposed to ingest so-called "potent potables," but local beer creators Lakewood Brewery came up with a variant of their famous Temptress milk stout called Pecan Pie Temptress, which I just had to try. Not sold in stores, it was only offered via their taproom, so for the first time I bought a 64oz. "growler" (a.k.a. glass jug) of the brew to take home. It turned out to be a pretty good brew, and I just finished it off today (at a rate of a goblet per day over a 6-day span). Now I get to disinfect the growler and figure out what beer I want to try next. It may not even be a beer from Lakewood - according to their taproom, I can take the jug anywhere that fills growlers.

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Now I get to disinfect the growler

A bleach rinse should do that fairly well.  Then rinse it out with boiled water (or bottled distilled water)

I've been drinking tea every morning.  My electric kettle went casters up so I'm using a whisling stove top kettle until I get a replacement electric.  The sound of the kettle freaks Explorer out.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Explorer, the whistle of a proper kettle as some one lovingly makes tea is the single most civilized Reveille human society has ever produced

Explorer doesn't like any tea other than peppermint and she knows that a night time thing.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Explorer doesn't like any tea other than peppermint and she knows that a night time thing.

Drive her nuts, make catnip tea!

I'm on my second cup of coffee, if you count the refrigerated leftover of my travel mug from yesterday as the first. Hmm, 3:50 PM, I still might make a another.

Which whistling tea kettle? Mind is a nearly all stainless steel camping model, the only non-stainless parts are the hinged stopper and integral lever, which is plastic, and the long aluminum rivit-hinge that holds it in place. There were fancier models, this one appealed to my esthetic sense (or lack thereof). It is slightly smaller than similar teakettles, but holds plenty for me. I use it for oatmeal kinds of things as well as drinks.

Is a mug of tea with sugar and milk, an apple, 2 metamucil cookies (one package) an 2 fudge brownies a good breakfast?  Asking for friend, who is me.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Is . . . .  a good breakfast?  Asking for friend, who is me.

“He (Arthur Dent) almost danced to the fridge, found the three least hairy things in it, put them on a plate and watched them intently for two minutes. Since they made no attempt to move within that time he called them breakfast and ate them. Between them they killed a virulent space disease he'd picked up without knowing it in the Flargathon Gas Swamps a few days earlier, which otherwise would have killed off half the population of the Western Hemisphere, blinded the other half, and driven everyone else psychotic and sterile, so the Earth was lucky there.”
― Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  You may never know just how important.

Well, none of the stuff I ate this morning was hairy as such.  Actually it's all from stuff I bought yesterday, other than the tea and sugar.

I'm out of milk so I'm drinking pu'erh tea today. I suspect that the big bag of minis I got is an assortment of types of pu'erh tea as today's tea is more bitter than the last one was. I may dump out the bag and see if their wrappers are different

Ruffles or other ridged chip I assume.  Normal chips don't have the strength to hold up to good French onion dip, at least not in my experience. 

Had sushi from one of The Blue Fish restaurants in the D/FW area tonight. Long story. Consumed a Volcano Roll (Scallops and special mayo sauce over a California roll) and a piece of Salmon Roe sushi. Still have a piece of Salmon Roe sushi left, along with a pair of Tai (Japanese Red Snapper) sushi uneaten. Those are in the fridge, waiting to be consumed for breakfast in the morning.

Anyway, the long story: Mrs. Prof was out trapping a cat for T-N-R at this Blue Fish restaurant tonight. The cat was thought to be untrappable, because every night the chef sat out $100 of sushi/sashimi for it for dinner. Once Mrs. Prof finally got the chef to stop feeding it for a night, she proved the nay-sayers wrong. She caught the cat. In response, the chef let her order my sushi dinner for no charge. The chef will get his furry friend back as soon as his T-N-R surgery is done, in a couple of days.