• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

Chicken soup, with rice

. . .

What?

No, I am actually eating a broth that contains chicken and rice

This is not a reference to Maurice Sendak and Carol King

. . . 

In a Nutshell, this is about food and not cartoons approaching their fiftieth anniversary

. . .

Fine

Here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9VvlI6sHJw

41 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Chicken soup, with rice

. . .

What?

No, I am actually eating a broth that contains chicken and rice

This is not a reference to Maurice Sendak and Carol King

. . . 

In a Nutshell, this is about food and not cartoons approaching their fiftieth anniversary

. . .

Fine

Here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9VvlI6sHJw

I have never seen this cartoon before. What was the venue it was on?

One of the 'kids' is a croc, and they ride a large one later. This does not seem like a safe activity. Thankfully, no one hacked up the cartoon to remove those parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOW6muLaOEs

The "Venue" was broadcast television

It was a 1975 CBS Network Special

The principal vocalist was Carol King who was also the composer

The poet was Maurice Sendak who also created the original illustrations on which the animation was based

Edit:

Sorry about the subtitles

They were not a part of the original broadcast

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Oops

Drinking some fresh tea from HTeaO. Right now, I've got a tall glass containing a mix of three of their many flavors - Sweet Wild Raspberry, Sweet Turbo Citrus [Energy Tea], and Ryan Palmer [half sweet tea, half lemonade]. Very delish and very thirst quenching.

Mrs. Prof and I brought home some gallons of tea as well - one of Sweet Wild Raspberry, and two of Ryan Palmer. We got one of the Ryan Palmer gallons free since it was on its last sell-by date and we asked for a fresh gallon. The manager (owner? maybe) gave us the old gallon at no cost. Cool deal.

A quick google show that Ryan is also a golfer and that a "Ryan Palmer" is made with pink lemonade and a "Arnold Palmer" is made with normal lemonade.  Might also be some one avoiding trademark issues. 

I made the "bacon tea".  Meh.  It's lapsang souchong with small chunks of dried apple in it.  Not really what I would call bacon.  Taste OK, but it's not bacon, not at least the kind I get.

On 1/11/2022 at 4:00 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

It's supposed to be hot, but it's that annoying kind of hot sauce that does nothing for the flavour and the heat lingers long after you've swallowed the silly thing

Could be worse... I once reviewed a sauce as "a hot sauce with no heat, to flavor food with but it has no flavor - why does this exist?"

Raspberry jam on bagels.  I was eating it on "everything" bagels, but I deiced that onion and garlic really didn't pair well with raspberries so I got some blueberry bagels last time I went to the store.  These are a little dry so I'm going to need to put more jam on them than I was.

Tropical trail mix. Has dried pineapple, dried mango, dried bananas (the bulk of the pack), dried coconut shreds, and some rather large, tasty raisins. Do grapes grow in the tropics? I think they might, seems like most countries have wine. A little weird, because some cold places like NY state have a lot of vineyards.

Per Wiki, the range at least approaches tropical. Does not appear to be commonly grown on the equator.

Edited by Darth Fluffy
Update

Kombucha. I got a six-pack of the stuff plus a standalone bottle with my Walmart+ grocery delivery today. I've already gone through three of the six-pack bottles and finished off the standalone. I seriously love Kombucha.

If only the stuff wasn't so freaking expensive! It's only a once-in-a-while treat for me as a result. Sigh.

Bay's English Muffins, with two different kinds of butter: one is a Texas brand called Falfurrias sourced from farms around the city of Falfurrias, Texas, while the other is a Danish Creamery brand "European-style" butter, distributed by Challenge Butter out of Dublin, California.

IMHO, and it's not just my Texas bias showing through, the Falfurrias wins hands down. It's creamier, brighter-tasting, and rounds out the palate better. The Danish Creamery tastes "hollow" by comparison (sorry, but that's the best word I can think of to describe it). It lacks body, and it's more oily than creamy. It smacks of a gimmick.

I'll try to compare Danish Creamery against Kerrygold when it's time to change butters in my butter dish.

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Bay's English Muffins, with two different kinds of butter: one is a Texas brand called Falfurrias sourced from farms around the city of Falfurrias, Texas, while the other is a Danish Creamery brand "European-style" butter, distributed by Challenge Butter out of Dublin, California.

IMHO, and it's not just my Texas bias showing through, the Falfurrias wins hands down. It's creamier, brighter-tasting, and rounds out the palate better. The Danish Creamery tastes "hollow" by comparison (sorry, but that's the best word I can think of to describe it). It lacks body, and it's more oily than creamy. It smacks of a gimmick.

I'll try to compare Danish Creamery against Kerrygold when it's time to change butters in my butter dish.

I looked up 'Danish Butter', this article said more churning, added cultures, and fermenting; and the taste was due to the fermentation. The recipe in the article only does the additional churning, and the article hints that the culture and fermenting may have been a thing in the past.

I've used Kerrygold and liked it. I usually use the store brand; maybe I need to do a side by side comparison.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I've used Kerrygold and liked it. I usually use the store brand; maybe I need to do a side by side comparison.

Same here with the Kerrygold. I've found it to be quite nice, albeit quite expensive. Falfurrias is on par with it, plus it's a Texas product and therefore cheaper. However, I will grant you that Kerrygold's unsalted butter may be better than the Falfurrias unsalted, although it's been a long time since I've tasted either. I may need to schedule another side-by-side on that.

Except when baking, my family uses Smart Balance rather than butter. As far as I'm concerned it tastes just as good as actual butter, but I'm not a butter connoisseur.

I got a 12 pack of "American Classic Tea"  It's a black tea grown in South Carolina.  It's different, has an almost sharp taste to it. I'll do a full review, assuming my doctor lets me drink more than 2 cups of tea with caffeine after my February blood test.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004EJVYU8?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-ypp-rep_ypp_rep_k8_1_14

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

Except when baking, my family uses Smart Balance rather than butter

I first read that as "Except when Banking"

It would not surprise me if there was a financial program called Smart Balance

But I couldn't figure out using butter for money management

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

Except when baking, my family uses Smart Balance rather than butter. As far as I'm concerned it tastes just as good as actual butter, but I'm not a butter connoisseur.

I looked it up on Wiki, it looks better than margarine. Based on the varied ingredients, the taste must vary quite a bit.

I sometimes use olive oil instead of butter. I don't get the 'extra virgin' part. If the olive flower in question remains a virgin, the fruit won't develop, right? And how do you make it 'more virgin'? Seems that this should work something like absolute zero. If I was chatting up a lady, and she told me she was an 'extra virgin', I think I'd move on and look for someone who was not loopy. But really, it just has to do with the pressings. So you should be able to make Extra Extra virgin olive oil by just speaking sternly to the olives and collecting the oil that comes out.