• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

I remember an ad for Hot Dr Pepper on a menu board in a snack bar near Toledo back in the 70s.

I also heard it mentioned in an episode of Barney Miller when NYC was having a water shortage.

. . . . . 

I also recall Ted Nugent making a commercial for Hot Vernors.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Oops

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

I've actually had this and it's not as bad as it sounds like it might be.  Not my preferred way of drinking Dr. Pepper, but I wouldn't turn it down when it's cold out. 

I've whipped up a couple of batches of this in my lifetime as well. Didn't manage to drink it at 10, 2, or 4, as their other advertising would suggest, though. Nevertheless, I found it refreshing. Not so much to urge me to make it on a daily basis, but nice enough to make if all I've got laying around is Dr Pepper and lemons.

Had a cider with pomegranate tonight, I think it was Hard Rock (was on tap, no bottle). It was pretty good, would drink it again.

Still have leftover turkey.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

Given that Hawaiian style pizza also includes ham, Pig is right to be offended by her affinity for it.

As the Descartes version of Pig would have said, "I'm Pig, therefore, I'm ham."

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

As the Descartes version of Pig would have said, "I'm Pig, therefore, I'm ham."

/me send rat to bash your head. 

56 minutes ago, mlooney said:

/me send rat to bash your head. 

What, no stars? <bash> Ah, there they are!

So this is why your prefer the BASH Shell? The SCA is taking you to a dark place ...

I'm fairly sure that being in the SCA had little to do with me using the BASH shell.  I started to use it, or something like it, in the late 90's.  I started in the SCA in the mind 80's.  Granted I didn't fight in the SCA until late 80's so it's possible that I might have been influenced to use it later. 

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

I'm fairly sure that being in the SCA had little to do with me using the BASH shell.  I started to use it, or something like it, in the late 90's.  I started in the SCA in the mind 80's.  Granted I didn't fight in the SCA until late 80's so it's possible that I might have been influenced to use it later. 

Using UNIX on a medieval battlefield would qualify as an anachronism, though.

That quote might have been clearer if I used two separate lines for each thought.

10 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Using UNIX on a medieval battlefield would qualify as an anachronism, though.

That's not as far fetched as it sounds.  Granted it would be as support, but I can see a laptop on the edges of a SCA battle.  For sure in a complex tournaments 

Christie Maple Leaf cookies.

1KOFpsR.jpg

Found out about them on a cookie/biscuit thread over on Doomworld. Very nice little Canuck biscuit. A bit on the crunchy side, so bring milk to the party if you can. The above link will take you to a vendor on Amazon. They're not the cheapest thing, but they're not wildly expensive, considering that they're imported.

I found something similar at my local grocery, they were maple creme filled, round, with two biscuits sandwiching the creme. They also had pumpkin spice, I tried both, both were good, a bit to much on the sweet side for my tastes, so a good occasional treat, but I wouldn't but them every grocery trip, In NC, they are directly competing with sweet potato pie season. (Sweet potato pie is awesome.)

This weekend, I found cumin biscuits (cookies) in an Indian grocery. I expected the to not be overly sweet, and they did not disappoint, in that regard, but were too dry. Ok with milk or coffee, I guess.

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

This weekend, I found cumin biscuits (cookies) in an Indian grocery. I expected the to not be overly sweet, and they did not disappoint, in that regard, but were too dry. Ok with milk or coffee, I guess.

Given the context, I'd expect they'd be wonderful with tea.