• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

5 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

At first I read that as the tea being added to the Cream of Mushroom soup when making the rice....

Yeah, should have used an Oxford comma there.  Or made it a separate sentence.  I've made rice with green tea, not bad as it happens, but not with Cream of Mushroom soup.

Custard with a caramel sauce from my grocer's dairy case.

The label on the package calls it "Flan".  While it does seem to have the typical ingredients for flan, I think that the name is not entirely accurate for this pudding cup.

I have found that putting about a tablespoon either raspberry jam or grape jelly per 2 packets of instant oatmeal improves the oatmeal by a significant amount.

Just had a large bowlful.

If I may repeat myself whoever decides portion sizes has an eating disorder.

47 minutes ago, mlooney said:

If I may repeat myself whoever decides portion sizes has an eating disorder.

Every time they redo the food labels, one of the improvements they promise is "more realistic portion sizes."  Usually, there's a small increase in a few foods, like cereal going from 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup.  Often, the food companies want to keep the portion sizes small so they can claim fewer calories, and often so that they can make the amount of Trans Fats 0.49g or smaller so they can label it with "0g Trans Fats!" (often, people eat two or three times that much, but admitting people are eating 1.47g Trans Fats every time they eat it might hurt sales among people trying to avoid this hazardous substance).

4 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Every time they redo the food labels, one of the improvements they promise is "more realistic portion sizes."  Usually, there's a small increase in a few foods, like cereal going from 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup.  Often, the food companies want to keep the portion sizes small so they can claim fewer calories, and often so that they can make the amount of Trans Fats 0.49g or smaller so they can label it with "0g Trans Fats!" (often, people eat two or three times that much, but admitting people are eating 1.47g Trans Fats every time they eat it might hurt sales among people trying to avoid this hazardous substance).

I'm surprised that there hasn't been any false advertising lawsuits for that, having less than 0.49g but greater than 0g is not 0g. People look at "0g trans fats" and think "I could eat this every day and and be fine" then a few years later they have a heart attack.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'm surprised that there hasn't been any false advertising lawsuits for that, having less than 0.49g but greater than 0g is not 0g. People look at "0g trans fats" and think "I could eat this every day and and be fine" then a few years later they have a heart attack.

That's the way the law/regulation is written.  You can round the numbers, so 0.5g would round up to 1g, except since you're not *required* to round it, they usually list it as "0.5g" instead.  Anything under 0.5 can be rounded down to zero.  As long as you say (in very small lettering compared to the rest) that the "0g Trans Fat!" is "per serving" then there's nothing to sue over.

5 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

That's the way the law/regulation is written.  You can round the numbers, so 0.5g would round up to 1g, except since you're not *required* to round it, they usually list it as "0.5g" instead.  Anything under 0.5 can be rounded down to zero.  As long as you say (in very small lettering compared to the rest) that the "0g Trans Fat!" is "per serving" then there's nothing to sue over.

I despise this sort of regulation. Not to mention the people who take advantage of it.

Left over black beans and rice, cold from the fridge.  Not as bad as I thought it would be.  Of course the package says you can treat it like a salad, and I see why now.

Anything fried with bacon and Mongolian Fire Oil is probably delicious.

You could fry Kryptonite in that stuff and even Superman would ask for seconds.

Meanwhile, I accidentally swallowed my peroxide rinse. Not Pleasant.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Forgot Vital Point

Pork Steak.  For breakfast.  Given my current sleeping hours, it's more like for lunch, but what ever.  Ate 4 of them.

I really should stop having mono ingredient meals, but just cooking one thing is soooo much easier to deal with.

I can imagine a chop oozing cranberry sauce. Perhaps this isn't a great idea texturally.

I just had my chicken soup. It would be chicken noodle, but I cannot stand cooked carrots, and I have no need for noodles. I've added corn, and I serve it over cabbage.

We had German-style chicken tonight: Kräuter-Sahne Hähnchen (Herb-Cream Chicken Mix) over chicken tenders. Delicious sauce, although I cooked it in too small a casserole. It needed to brown more than it did.

Luckily, I've got another packet yet to go. :)Knorr-Fix-Kruter-Sahne-Hhnchen-Herb-Crea