• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Friday September 2, 2016

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Also, it's possible some vampires don't stop at blood when feeding.

That's my feeling from the spider vampire as well.

But the point is that vampires in EGS evidently can be very different - in fact, them being aberrations is likely only characteristic ALL have in common.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, EmpactWB said:

While I don't disagree that it's likely, we only have the word of two lying liars who lie on that one killing his victims.

And we still don't have solid proof that they lied either. It's still all hearsay and assumptions, and it's worse because the two don't fully remember what happened.

On one hand, Jerry clearly said that there are people in France who would be better to deal with the vampire.

On the other, they likely never actually SAID that Susan and Nanase are only one who can do it. Even Susan when recollecting it said "They made us feel like we had to kill it", not "they said we had to kill it".

Of course, it's not really important if they actually SAID some lie. Important is what motivation they had for using Nanase and Susan and if what happened was according to their plan or if something went wrong (possibly ending with their reset) and it wasn't supposed to be that bad. It would be hard to justify what they did, but not impossible.

.... aaaand note that him killing victims would be true even if he only killed like one in five.

Aberrations feed on the life of others--presumably this means sapient beings, since they seem unable to gain the needed extra sustenance from eating ordinary livestock, and there is no evidence that they are strictly limited to eating their own former species (i.e. human-derived Aberrations eating only homo sapiens, griffin-derived Aberrations eating only griffins, etc.), so they may be able to feed on any sapient being possessing what we would consider to be normal biochemistry.

Blood does seem to be the most common method, but some may eat flesh (or particular organs such as the heart or brain, which are both regarded as seats of the "soul"). There may be ones, though, who drain "life energy" without actually consuming a bulk material part of their victims. Hmm, might it be possible for an Aberration to exist who specializes in draining the magical energy from Mages? (once the Mage is rendered unable to resist, of course)

7 hours ago, ijuin said:

Aberrations feed on the life of others--presumably this means sapient beings, since they seem unable to gain the needed extra sustenance from eating ordinary livestock, and there is no evidence that they are strictly limited to eating their own former species (i.e. human-derived Aberrations eating only homo sapiens, griffin-derived Aberrations eating only griffins, etc.), so they may be able to feed on any sapient being possessing what we would consider to be normal biochemistry.

I don't think BIOCHEMISTRY is important. What they actually consume is live energy - even if they also consume blood or flesh - because if they would need blood or flesh they could eat animals. It's possible that Uryuoms would be incompatible, because they are from different planet and their magic is not compatible. (Obviously, that's just hypothesis.)

7 hours ago, ijuin said:

Hmm, might it be possible for an Aberration to exist who specializes in draining the magical energy from Mages?

I would say possible but dangerous.

7 hours ago, ijuin said:

(once the Mage is rendered unable to resist, of course)

It can do it from different plane, like Sirleck.

Hmmmm ... maybe succubus is kind of aberration as well. I don't think we get THIS confirmed in canon, but why not?

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It's possible that Uryuoms would be incompatible, because they are from different planet and their magic is not compatible.

Which could also apply to Grace.  We'll have to see what happens the first time Grace meets an aberration.

7 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It's possible that Uryuoms would be incompatible, because they are from different planet and their magic is not compatible.

Which could also apply to Grace.  We'll have to see what happens the first time Grace meets an aberration.

Grace is mixed. Noah even uses earth magic.

On the other hand, I don't think Grace would let herself be eaten. And lespuko claws might count as "magical" for purpose of hurting aberrations. Maybe.

But Dan said it would take extreme effort for Grace to be able to learn to use Earth magic.  She can't even use the watches, which even Tedd and pre-Mark Sarah can do.  For most practical purposes, Grace doesn't have any Earth magic at all, so if it's Earth magic the aberrations feed on, she's no good to them.  They probably wouldn't even try, but whether they did or not, hopefully they's comment on her, the same way Vampider commented on Diane being a potential vampire hunter.

36 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

But Dan said it would take extreme effort for Grace to be able to learn to use Earth magic.  She can't even use the watches, which even Tedd and pre-Mark Sarah can do.  For most practical purposes, Grace doesn't have any Earth magic at all, so if it's Earth magic the aberrations feed on, she's no good to them.  They probably wouldn't even try, but whether they did or not, hopefully they's comment on her, the same way Vampider commented on Diane being a potential vampire hunter.

Yeah while Dan did say it was possible for Grace to obtain Earth magic and build up her own Earth magic energy pool, she'd have to find a way to suppress her Uryuom power to do so. At this time I can't see Dan ever having Grace do that and would personally like to see Grace continue to practice using her Uryuom skills which she has a pretty decent arsenal of skills and perks as it is, the ability to shapeshift, combining forms gives different strengths and benefits, her fur in half squirrel and omega squirrel forms are fire proof (possibly all animal forms have fire proof fur as well), she has telekinesis which not only lets her fly and manipulate objects but lets her create a force field to block attacks, and she can talk to animals with her antennae out. If she can become more skilled with the telekinesis and combat in general, she'd be a formidable opponent, even against other magic users.

19 hours ago, Scotty said:
20 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Yeah while Dan did say it was possible for Grace to obtain Earth magic and build up her own Earth magic energy pool, she'd have to find a way to suppress her Uryuom power to do so.

Dan was speaking about Grace, who is unlikely to actually go through all of that effort, but what he was REALLY explaining was Noah. While not directly confirmed, it seems very likely that Noah IS chimera like Grace (well ... not exactly like Grace, he likely lack Lespuko side) and that he DOES have Earth magic.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Dan was speaking about Grace, who is unlikely to actually go through all of that effort, but what he was REALLY explaining was Noah. While not directly confirmed, it seems very likely that Noah IS chimera like Grace (well ... not exactly like Grace, he likely lack Lespuko side) and that he DOES have Earth magic.

That much is a given, I was mainly trying to imply that Grace could eventually use the watches if she went through the effort of building up Earth magic energy.

Hmm, if the watches really only require a very minimal amount of Earth magic, then perhaps Grace wouldn't have to go to quite the extremes to be able to use them, as she would to be able to cast spells or otherwise wield power on her own.

9 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Hmm, if the watches really only require a very minimal amount of Earth magic, then perhaps Grace wouldn't have to go to quite the extremes to be able to use them, as she would to be able to cast spells or otherwise wield power on her own.

Watches are not more effective that other stuff. It's the higher level of ambient magic which makes them easy to use.

It's possible that Grace would only need to do the first step - suppressing her Uryuom power - to use watches.

On 9/15/2016 at 5:40 PM, hkmaly said:
On 9/15/2016 at 10:04 AM, ijuin said:

I don't think BIOCHEMISTRY is important. What they actually consume is live energy - even if they also consume blood or flesh - because if they would need blood or flesh they could eat animals. It's possible that Uryuoms would be incompatible, because they are from different planet and their magic is not compatible. (Obviously, that's just hypothesis.)

They likely wouldn't be able to feed on Uryuoms due to the different magic energies in them. Though every living creature from Earth produces a degree of magical life energy (at least animals generate enough to sustain an enchantment if they don't starve themselves), it's just that humans produce significantly more for some reason. Theoretically, if it is just life energy that aberrations need and not specifically human life energies, then they could feed on animals, but would have to consume a lot more to sustain themselves.