• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Monday September 5, 2016

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
10 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Hmmm... Susan has supposed to have gotten her hammers back, but we haven't seen her use them since before Hammerchlorians. Does this mean Susan is doing her hammering off-screen? Or has she stopped hammering guys for inappropriate remarks because she knows the hammers have been encouraging more inappropriate remarks?

I think she'd been having more fun with Nase and probably managed to avoid getting into confrontations with offensive people. But yeah it's likely knowing what the hammers were intended for originally that put her off using them, unless to actually defend herself with.

Note that no guy is likely to know that hammers are supposed to disappear, and she IS known as hammer queen. I think that confrontations with someone offensive don't happen so often to her, it was very lucky that she met Rich just in time to meet Jerry.

If she WOULD meet someone offensive, though, I don't think the knowledge of hammer's intent would stop her reflexive reaction.

14 hours ago, WR...S said:

While I'm also... unsold... on "like any good feminist," if Susan interprets this, as I think she is, as Tensaided suggesting he'd thought she'd be spending the day in bed with Elliot and Ashley, I could see how it might constitute sexual harassment if he had been.

Let's see...

Tensaided saw Elliot with some girl who was clearly not Susan. Later he called Elliot's phone, and a girl who probably sounded not much like Susan answered.

If he nonetheless thinks the girl was Susan transformed, simply on the basis of a claim from an unreliable source that the unfortunately-named superheroine is Elliot, he is assuming a lot that he has no evidence for.

Granted, for those more in the know, it's plausible (given the TFG)... if one doesn't know Susan very well. I seriously can't see Susan voluntarily taking that form to go out on a date, and the girl Tensaided saw did not appear to be coerced or unhappy with her situation.

But Mr. d10 should know Susan better than that - she's been working for (and with) him for nearly a year that we know of, and probably longer.

I just don't know what he's thinking at this point.

And Susan, who probably does not know what went on at the mall the previous evening (she was busy playing with dolls, then went to bed, and in the morning got up and went to work), would have even less of a clue.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

Granted, for those more in the know, it's plausible (given the TFG)... if one doesn't know Susan very well. I seriously can't see Susan voluntarily taking that form to go out on a date, and the girl Tensaided saw did not appear to be coerced or unhappy with her situation.

But Mr. d10 should know Susan better than that - she's been working for (and with) him for nearly a year that we know of, and probably longer.

Yes, funny: Mr. d10 should know Susan better than that AND he shouldn't know about TFG ...

But note that I don't think Susan would let herself be coerced into transformation either. And she would be happy if under influence of FV5 or something ...

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Note that no guy is likely to know that hammers are supposed to disappear, and she IS known as hammer queen. I think that confrontations with someone offensive don't happen so often to her, it was very lucky that she met Rich just in time to meet Jerry.

If she WOULD meet someone offensive, though, I don't think the knowledge of hammer's intent would stop her reflexive reaction.

Yes, Rich doesn't know when to shut his mouth, and I am willing to bet that he was either never a Moperville North student, or left before Susan became the Hammer Queen. Everybody who has attended Moperville North in the last two and a half years (i.e. since the France trip) is aware that she hammers people--though the few who knowingly provoke her, such as Tony, are probably willing to tolerate getting hammered as the price for getting their comments in.

I see that Tensaided has a fine eye for logical, satisfactory ships. Sadly, seaworthiness doesn't dictate what makes it into the water.

On 9/5/2016 at 9:39 AM, CritterKeeper said:

I can see how he might come to that conclusion.  He strikes me as exactly the sort to cling to his own fanon even after it's contradicted in canon.  A classic Harry-Hermione shipper.  ;-P

Even J.K. Rowling regrets putting Ron and Hermione together.

19 hours ago, banneret said:

Even J.K. Rowling regrets putting Ron and Hermione together.

When did this happen?  Last I heard from her, she was still making fun of the H/H shippers who'd missed/ignored her "anvil-sized hints!"

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

When did this happen?  Last I heard from her, she was still making fun of the H/H shippers who'd missed/ignored her "anvil-sized hints!"

Duh. Obviously she wanted Hermione to get together with Professor McGonagall. :demonicduck:

17 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Duh. Obviously she wanted Hermione to get together with Professor McGonagall. :demonicduck:

No you mean Angus McGonagoh, the argyle gargoyle who gargles Gershwin...