• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Monday September 5, 2016

15 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I guess we now know Susan didn't watch the news last night or this morning.

Yup. I was confused with her being confused for a while, then realized she probably doesn't know ...

15 hours ago, ijuin said:

Well, she seems to have been preoccupied with her spellbook and faeries before bed last night, as seen in http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=253, so she probably didn't see the "film at eleven".

... and actually has VERY good reason to not know.

6 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

ETA: Occurred to me that Susan will probably also be hurt if no one thought to call her, although she likely won't show that part (unless Nase or San are summoned.  And/or, I guess.)

Considering how fast everything happened, ... well, ok, she would STILL feel hurt, even if it wouldn't be logical.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

It's possible she went to bed before the news about what happened at the mall hit. That brief moment where Sarah is revisited by Pandora didn't really suggest that she was aware of what happen either, at least not in terms of Elliot being involved. Carol might have got the call after she left from dinner with the family, or she hadn't left yet and didn't say that there was a Cheerleadra sighting in the mall. The again Sarah was probably preoccupied with thoughts about her own spell to notice Carol leave. More evidence to suggest that Sarah didn't know would be because Pandora had been watching her pretty much all day, yeah it's possible Pandora might have had a nap during dinner, but Sarah didn't ask if Pandora was responsible for what happened at the mall.

According to Dan's commentary, she was called away from dinner with her family. While that doesn't necessary mean she got call at the table, I would say that even if she got, she weren't likely to explain - in fact, she probably excuses herself as fast as possible and wasn't more specific than "job - important".

Although, if Sarah wouldn't be preoccupied with thoughts about her spell, she MIGHT suspect that if something is this important, it's related to magic and she should watch the news.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Although, if Sarah wouldn't be preoccupied with thoughts about her spell, she MIGHT suspect that if something is this important, it's related to magic and she should watch the news.

Yeah, that's my thinking as well, she knows enough about Immortals that any description that fits what she knows of them (though it's quite possible the witnesses also heard Tara and Elliot mention Ancients and Immortals and Elliot's comment about an Immortal convention) would make her ask Pandora about it, especially when Pandora mentioned the fact that Immortals could hide themselves from other Immortals unless they want to be seen. Sarah could have responded with "well there was apparently several that made themselves known at the mall earlier, did you know anything about that?"

In this comic, right after Voltaire names "Elliot Duncan", what Tensaided actually says in Panel Three is:

Between this and that girl being the one I saw him with earlier, could Cheerleadra really be Elliot?!

You can see Tensaided with surprise-lines coming off his distinctive hair behind Elliot (as Elliot) and Ashley before they go into the bookstore. Tensaided wouldn't know Ashley, but he would have seen that Ashley was definitely not Susan.

In the panel above Tensaided's mental dialogue Catalina Bobcat says "that girl is who I thought she was." That's ambiguous, but when Rhoda told Catalina to look, Catalina could see Ashley and the transformed (or maybe transforming) Cheerleadra.

28 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

You can see Tensaided with surprise-lines coming off his distinctive hair behind Elliot (as Elliot) and Ashley before they go into the bookstore. Tensaided wouldn't know Ashley, but he would have seen that Ashley was definitely not Susan.

He likely has never seen Ashley before so it's possible that he would be thinking that if Elliot could transform, then Susan might be able to transform. Tensaided might ship Elliot and Susan together just as hard as another hardcore shipper, and come up with all kinds of ways that Susan and Elliot could be together, like having one or the other transform to make it look like they're dating different people.

20 hours ago, Pizzaboy10 said:

Oh jeez. I'm really not a fan of "Social awkwardness" humour and this page doesn't exactly have me looking forward to Wednesday's comic. Dammit Tenasaid.

If you dislike "Social awkwardness" humour, then this comic should make you like Susan more for cutting through that bull. If you're a vegan, you will dislike Susan more for cutting a bull.

My interpretation: like any good feminist, Susan assumes Tenesaid is sexually harassing her. Tenesaid is actually imagining Scooby Doo shenanigans. If he explains that properly, it will get his butt off the fire, because Susan is pretty okay.

12 minutes ago, WillikaKillika said:

My interpretation: like any good feminist, Susan assumes Tenesaid is sexually harassing her. Tenesaid is actually imagining Scooby Doo shenanigans. If he explains that properly, it will get his butt off the fire, because Susan is pretty okay.

I'm not sure if she perceives that as sexual harassment, but she's definitely thinking "WTF are you talking about!?!?!"

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

...doesn't even remotely resemble sexual harassment.

You have forgotten the lessons of Tom Lehrer

For filth, I'm glad to say, is in
The mind of the beholder
When correctly viewed
Everything is lewd
 - Tom Lehrer "Smut"

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

He likely has never seen Ashley before so it's possible that he would be thinking that if Elliot could transform, then Susan might be able to transform.

Didn't think of that one, but it sort of fits Tensaided's obsessions, and it's no more out-there than some of my plot theories. Or even some in-universe theories, such as Tedd's in Identity

You know, if Susan does know about the previous night, but Elliot forgot to mention that Tensaided was the one who tipped him off about the griffon, this plays out the same as her not knowing at all. And if Elliot didn't tell her directly, everyone else may just know what Ashley said on the phone, so they might not know that Tensaided was involved at all. So considering Susan is attracted to Elliot, doesn't know Tensaided has any idea about Cheerleadra, and knows he thought they were dating before Elliot and Sarah broke up, it still sounds like he's suggesting nookie breaks from work.

Which would be an interesting thing to see in a benefits package.

46 minutes ago, RainbowWizard said:

Heh. Susan is Elliot's Jimmy Olsen.

Now they just need a special "calling Cheerleadra" ringtone that goes "zee zee zee".

19 hours ago, Scotty said:
20 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

He likely has never seen Ashley before so it's possible that he would be thinking that if Elliot could transform, then Susan might be able to transform. Tensaided might ship Elliot and Susan together just as hard as another hardcore shipper, and come up with all kinds of ways that Susan and Elliot could be together, like having one or the other transform to make it look like they're dating different people.

Well, technically Susan IS able to transform. She only wanted smaller Susan, sexier Susan and instant hair color, but only because she DIDN'T wanted to covertly date Elliot. If she DID, I'm sure Tedd would add "Asian Susan" without any comments. (Nanase MIGHT comment ... and get another "Ms. I want four boobs".)

6 hours ago, EmpactWB said:

You know, if Susan does know about the previous night, but Elliot forgot to mention that Tensaided was the one who tipped him off about the griffon, this plays out the same as her not knowing at all. And if Elliot didn't tell her directly, everyone else may just know what Ashley said on the phone, so they might not know that Tensaided was involved at all. So considering Susan is attracted to Elliot, doesn't know Tensaided has any idea about Cheerleadra, and knows he thought they were dating before Elliot and Sarah broke up, it still sounds like he's suggesting nookie breaks from work.

Good point. Also if she saw SOMETHING on the news but somehow missed Elliot being named (which actually might be something Carol is not going to put too much emphasis on ...).

If Carol "forgets" to mention the Elliot Dunkle connection, I'm sure some of the reliable witnesses would be quick to point it out on social media.  If it looks like Carol is deliberately withholding that part of the story, the conspiracy theorists will make this story bigger than the second spaceman on the grassy knoll in Roswell.

6 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If Carol "forgets" to mention the Elliot Dunkle connection, I'm sure some of the reliable witnesses would be quick to point it out on social media.

... which Susan is unlikely to read.

7 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If it looks like Carol is deliberately withholding that part of the story

Actually, wouldn't there be some standard protocol for - oh wait Elliot is already 18.

Still, it doesn't need to be VISIBLY deliberate. There are more important parts of the story than the name.

8 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

the conspiracy theorists will make this story bigger than the second spaceman on the grassy knoll in Roswell.

I'm afraid this time Cranium's begging won't help no matter if Elliot's name is or isn't said.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well, technically Susan IS able to transform. She only wanted smaller Susan, sexier Susan and instant hair color, but only because she DIDN'T wanted to covertly date Elliot. If she DID, I'm sure Tedd would add "Asian Susan" without any comments. (Nanase MIGHT comment ... and get another "Ms. I want four boobs".)

Susan only just got that watch, like an hour or so before the Elliot's date with Ashley, though that doesn't really make any difference for Tensaided, he's probably going to be assuming a lot of things about Susan, Elliot and their friends.

14 minutes ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Susan only just got that watch, like an hour or so before the Elliot's date with Ashley, though that doesn't really make any difference for Tensaided, he's probably going to be assuming a lot of things about Susan, Elliot and their friends.

See, whole hour, she COULD manage it :)

(It's quite possible Tensaided didn't saw Ashley before, even without Elliot.)

Sure he would be assuming lot of things which are not true, but just as this case, it will be funny to comment how they isn't THAT far from reality ...

On 9/6/2016 at 3:41 AM, The Old Hack said:

Why would assuming that make her a good feminist? And besides, what he does doesn't even remotely resemble sexual harassment.

While I'm also... unsold... on "like any good feminist," if Susan interprets this, as I think she is, as Tensaided suggesting he'd thought she'd be spending the day in bed with Elliot and Ashley, I could see how it might constitute sexual harassment if he had been.

12 minutes ago, WR...S said:

While I'm also... unsold... on "like any good feminist," if Susan interprets this, as I think she is, as Tensaided suggesting he'd thought she'd be spending the day in bed with Elliot and Ashley, I could see how it might constitute sexual harassment if he had been.

Mph. I feel that is stretching it, but that is because I know the character and would be hard put to see him as anything but a big friendly dork. Mind, if it had been Rich...

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Mind, if it had been Rich...

Say, it really has been much too long since Rich got hammered. And since he doesn't know Susan has got her hammers back...

Hmmm... Susan has supposed to have gotten her hammers back, but we haven't seen her use them since before Hammerchlorians. Does this mean Susan is doing her hammering off-screen? Or has she stopped hammering guys for inappropriate remarks because she knows the hammers have been encouraging more inappropriate remarks?

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Say, it really has been much too long since Rich got hammered. And since he doesn't know Susan has got her hammers back...

Hmmm... Susan has supposed to have gotten her hammers back, but we haven't seen her use them since before Hammerchlorians. Does this mean Susan is doing her hammering off-screen? Or has she stopped hammering guys for inappropriate remarks because she knows the hammers have been encouraging more inappropriate remarks?

I think she'd been having more fun with Nase and probably managed to avoid getting into confrontations with offensive people. But yeah it's likely knowing what the hammers were intended for originally that put her off using them, unless to actually defend herself with.

9 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Does this mean Susan is doing her hammering off-screen? Or has she stopped hammering guys for inappropriate remarks because she knows the hammers have been encouraging more inappropriate remarks?

If Susan could get her karaoke score up to something reasonable, she could be saving the hammers for when she forms a Peter, Paul, and Mary tribute band.

16 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If Susan could get her karaoke score up to something reasonable, she could be saving the hammers for when she forms a Peter, Paul, and Mary tribute band.

Either that or an MC Hammer tribute

Stop! Hammer Time!