• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

NP, Monday September 5, 2016

I think I suggested once before that Diane might actually be attracted to Justin, but he was always unavailable, first because of Melissa, and afterward because of his gayness. That could even provide extra impetus for her "Mongoose" reaction to Ronin's posting of Elliot's alleged gayness, and of her ambivalent reactions to her discoveries about Elliot here, here, and here. Diane isn't giving up on Elliot even after all the questions about his sexual identity--and Diane's--that are being raised.

And an attraction to Justin would be yet another similarity between Diane and Susan. I'm really looking forward to when Diane discovers that Susan actually made out with Justin once.

Edited by Tom Sewell
add link

Went back and took another look.

While Pandora was in the survey disguise, her glasses seemed to fluctuate between square-ish an round-ish, without actually being one or the other.  But in this comic, her glasses look completely round in profile and completely square head on.

I know this is either artistic license on Dan's part or Magic by Pandora.  But is there a way that effect could be duplicated with tech and still keep the prescriptions on the lenses intact?

4 hours ago, Scotty said:
9 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

I'd like to offer an alternative interpretation of the "defective" comment. Isn't it quite likely that what Diane was referring to as being "defective" was his non interest in buying her things. In the eyes of the Diane of this old strip that should be more of a concern than his sexuality.

The page prior to the "defective" comment, had Diane not only say "he won't buy us stuff" but added "he'll scare off any guys that would", that basically states that Justin being gay would be detrimental to Diane's goals if he were to hang around with them. Rhoda could certainly misinterpret that that believe that if Diane found out she was gay, Diane might think Rhoda would be detrimental to her goals as well.

I would consider that failed reasoning. There may be guys who actually avoid gay guys so much they won't approach Diane when near one. But I don't believe there are some who would be scared off by lesbian. I find more likely there will be some who will see the lesbian as "challenge".

(Note that I'm not surprised Rhoda would think that way. Being scared is totally in character for her, so she's totally going to be afraid that Diane stops hanging out with her despite multiple reasons why it doesn't make sense.)

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

why Diane hasn't said anything about it is hard to say

Maybe simply because there is no reason for her to say anything.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

And an attraction to Justin would be yet another similarity between Diane and Susan. I'm really looking forward to when Diane discovers that Susan actually made out with Justin once.

IS Susan attracted to Justin normally? Sure, she likes to talk to him because he's "safe", but doesn't want him to touch her ... and she might not really have sex drive unless TF gun is used ...

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I would consider that failed reasoning. There may be guys who actually avoid gay guys so much they won't approach Diane when near one. But I don't believe there are some who would be scared off by lesbian. I find more likely there will be some who will see the lesbian as "challenge".

(Note that I'm not surprised Rhoda would think that way. Being scared is totally in character for her, so she's totally going to be afraid that Diane stops hanging out with her despite multiple reasons why it doesn't make sense.)

Oh I totally agree, but Rhoda might not think that she could have an advantage, she can be pretty timid especially when it comes to getting attention from lots of people, it's why she changed her look after Pandora's appearance on TV. Diane and Lucy likely got most of the attention from the guys.

Though if Rhoda was open about being gay, there might have been a lot of requests to see her kiss Diane or Lucy, which likely wouldn't go over too well with them.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Though if Rhoda was open about being gay, there might have been a lot of requests to see her kiss Diane or Lucy, which likely wouldn't go over too well with them.

... yes. I can see that, despite the fact Rhoda is too shy to kiss even Catalina if she would know someone else is looking.

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Went back and took another look.

While Pandora was in the survey disguise, her glasses seemed to fluctuate between square-ish an round-ish, without actually being one or the other.  But in this comic, her glasses look completely round in profile and completely square head on.

I know this is either artistic license on Dan's part or Magic by Pandora.  But is there a way that effect could be duplicated with tech and still keep the prescriptions on the lenses intact?

So, basically, yes. It's all perspective.