• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
WillikaKillika

Story: Friday, September 9, 2016

In the comic I linked above, Nanase explicitly says "We used up the ambient energy around here, so we're going to lose these forms soon." And not-Tengu deliberately baited Nanase into using it because it had a limited duration. Nanase could also seem to feel the clock running out on them, since she knew the forms shouldn't last long without the extra energy. Bracing themselves as they feel it coming accounts for them not talking during the switch back. They might have been able to force it to stay longer based on the Abraham fight, granted (to me it always looked like the relief that Ellen had woken up knocked her out of focus and the form), but I see allowing the spell to end at its normal duration as different from actively choosing to end it. Might just be one of those definition things.

25 minutes ago, EmpactWB said:

In the comic I linked above, Nanase explicitly says "We used up the ambient energy around here, so we're going to lose these forms soon." And not-Tengu deliberately baited Nanase into using it because it had a limited duration. Nanase could also seem to feel the clock running out on them

... didn't realize that. That's literally true. I mean, the sense they used to make the spell using just ambient energy likely included feedback which told them exactly how much time they have left. That could explain how they so obviously get ready for that without actively ending it.

Although, still, why would they kept the spell running as long as possible - oh wait, right, to be sure NotTengu can't surprise them with something.

to me it always looked like the relief that Ellen had woken up knocked her out of focus and the form

Well, at that point keeping the spell running likely required focus, yes.

allowing the spell to end at its normal duration

I don't think there is any "normal duration" for guardian form. Logically, it makes no sense to keep it running if danger ended, no matter how long it took to end it. There is maximal duration of course, based on the fact that the spell requires lot of energy and it can't continue when energy runs out.

24 minutes ago, EmpactWB said:

Might just be one of those definition things.

Yes :). The part how Ellen ended the spell is not important, as she is normally able to end the copy spell when she wants.

8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Since it's part of Edward's cunning plan for Ashley to speak to reporters, at least one of them is going to ask her whether the Immortal was lying about her being Cheerleadra's potential mate.

Reminds me of when the Doctor asked Donna to join him in his travels.  He said he wanted a mate, as in a friend or a buddy; she thought he'd said he wanted to mate, which was kind of the exact opposite of what he'd been saying.  Took a minute to straighten out that confusion.  :-)

Hmm, perhaps DGB could get that clip to go viral as a Reply to any videos of Voltaire's "potential mate" line.

5 hours ago, EmpactWB said:

Point on the maximal duration being unlikely to be a set time limit. She probably kept it running with calories against Abraham and hospitalized herself basically from starvation. Seems a little weird that they didn't have an IV going, since she likely would have been unconscious from arrival up to that point.

It wasn't just the guardian form that exhausted her, it was a combination of summoning Fox, 2 hairstyle changes, 13 fairy dolls (12 of which Abraham destroyed, Charlotte ended up with the one intended for Grace), plus the fae punches. We don't know how long she was out, she might have been hooked up to an IV when she got put in the ambulance then left on it until the doctors assessed her and then taken off the IV when found she'd be fine. the room they were in was probably just a recovery room.

To be honest the best way to deal with secret identities is to just troll everyone by having 3+ superhero identities, and 6+ 'mild mannered identities that happen to travel a lot explaining why they never seem to be in the same place'.

It keeps the conspiracy theorists on their toes, and allows you to have fun.

Intentionally cause sightings of the full 'team' of Cheerleadras (The Cheerleadra Squad!) via TF Gun stuff (maybe incorporate his friends powers and looks into the other identities: Pixie, the tiny fairy Squaddie. Brute, the Obviously Just Greg Squaddie. Dire Beast, the Wolverine style Squaddie . And last but not least, Doctor Gendra, mad scientist Squaddie. Elliot is the leader Cheerleadra.

His friends can opt into helping him maintain these, to obfusticate his own identity.

On 9/10/2016 at 4:10 PM, Tom Sewell said:

I can't seem to find that "few comics further"; little help?

Anyway, we know Elliot can alter his morphed appearance(s) and even the psychology of his special "secret ID" morphs if he puts his mind to it. But when he morphed into Cheerleadra at Salty Crackers, at the dojo, and at the mall, they were all emergency conditions. He knew he had to be Cheerleadra right now or people were liable to be hurt or killed. Given Elliot's luck, when this happens again, there will be loads of people around with cellphone cameras.

Anyway, I'm thinking that one of the ways Edward's Cunning Plan might unravel is for the manufactured incident by whomever is performing as Cheerleadra happen at the same time a real emergency demanding the real Cheerleadra occurs at Moperville North.

And I'm disappointed that none of you picked up on "cunning plan" being a Blackadder reference in my earlier post.

Edward <> Baldric, also don't Baldrick's plans usually involve a turnip, or am I remembering. 

Going to have to re-watch the series now, fortunately I just bought it on DVD last month...

On 9/10/2016 at 4:30 PM, CritterKeeper said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=1163

Never watched it.  The phrase "cunning plan" is too generic to expect it to be recognized as being a reference.

You poor deprived girl/guy/thing/etc...

21 hours ago, mlooney said:

Did you say any thing about a tail or weasel?  If you didn't not really a Blackadder reference, now is it?

A Weasel, is that what I was forgetting, I know there was always something weird that had no place there in his plans. 

Now, why as I associating Baldrick with turnips...

15 hours ago, EmpactWB said:

Point on the maximal duration being unlikely to be a set time limit.

Yes, it wouldn't be time-based but out-of-energy based.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
15 hours ago, EmpactWB said:

She probably kept it running with calories against Abraham and hospitalized herself basically from starvation. Seems a little weird that they didn't have an IV going, since she likely would have been unconscious from arrival up to that point.

It wasn't just the guardian form that exhausted her, it was a combination of summoning Fox, 2 hairstyle changes, 13 fairy dolls (12 of which Abraham destroyed, Charlotte ended up with the one intended for Grace), plus the fae punches. We don't know how long she was out, she might have been hooked up to an IV when she got put in the ambulance then left on it until the doctors assessed her and then taken off the IV when found she'd be fine. the room they were in was probably just a recovery room.

I agree that she was likely hooked up to an IV earlier, but I would still question why would they leave her without one. Were they just THAT confident she's already ok and didn't wanted to disturb the visitors?

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I agree that she was likely hooked up to an IV earlier, but I would still question why would they leave her without one. Were they just THAT confident she's already ok and didn't wanted to disturb the visitors?

Maybe because it was magic related, Wolf or Cranium knew of a doctor that could magically scan Nanase to determine her condition?

2 hours ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe because it was magic related, Wolf or Cranium knew of a doctor that could magically scan Nanase to determine her condition?

Wasn't the point of getting permanent change of hair color accepted medical condition that they DON'T need to send Nanase to magical doctor when they already know she's just exhausted and burned out? It definitely looks like normal hospital.

Note that any spell for magic analyzing of health would be very good addition to the standard DGB wands.

9 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:

A Weasel, is that what I was forgetting, I know there was always something weird that had no place there in his plans. 

It was Blackadder that said "A plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel"

Baldrick's plans often had turnips in them.