• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

NP, Friday September 9, 2016

15 minutes ago, EmpactWB said:

Looks like I have to adjust my stance about "Rhoda's little secret" not being her magic. Kudos to those who called it correctly!

I'm thinking Rhoda told Catalina about it fairly recently, or maybe it was an accidental thing during another date. Catalina's question and Rhoda's response feels similar to Elliot and Ashley talking about Elliot's girl form....and Catalina and Rhoda seem to be going to the book store...interesting, does Rhoda know all the security blind spots as well?

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I'm thinking Rhoda told Catalina about it fairly recently, or maybe it was an accidental thing during another date. Catalina's question and Rhoda's response feels similar to Elliot and Ashley talking about Elliot's girl form....and Catalina and Rhoda seem to be going to the book store...interesting, does Rhoda know all the security blind spots as well?

I'm wondering if Ashley (and perhaps Liz) will be in a particular blind spot...

1 minute ago, Tom Sewell said:

I'm wondering if Ashley (and perhaps Liz) will be in a particular blind spot...

While it would be interesting to see if Liz gets involved in the hijinks, I think the more people that get involved would increase the chances of the hijinks getting public attention. Although, maybe Liz's spell isn't such that it would make people go "Oooh magic!" and probably something that Liz doesn't realize she did it (like Rhoda with the boar) but it distracts people from noticing Rhoda and Catalina.

Hmmm... Rhoda can effectively sow minefields of cookies which will shrink or grow anyone who eats them. Good thing the cookie place was out of them by the time of Ashley and Elliot's date.

I wonder if clothes grow or shrink too... First question Tedd would ask, of course.

2 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

I wonder if clothes grow or shrink too... First question Tedd would ask, of course.

Well, there is a pinup of Rhoda shrinking Catalina out of her clothes so maybe not, though it might be that Rhoda would have to concentrate on both the person and their clothes when she shrink or grows them, like with Tedd's size change watches.

So Rhoda can enchant food that will make someone shrink or grow when it is consumed.

Does she also have little "Eat Me" and "Drink Me" tags that attach to said consumables?

In 1865, Lewis Carroll said,

There seemed to be no use in waiting by the little door, so she went back to the table, half hoping she might find another key on it, or at any rate a book of rules for shutting people up like telescopes: this time she found a little bottle on it, (`which certainly was not here before,' said Alice,) and round the neck of the bottle was a paper label, with the words `DRINK ME' beautifully printed on it in large letters.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Well, there is a pinup of Rhoda shrinking Catalina out of her clothes so maybe not, though it might be that Rhoda would have to concentrate on both the person and their clothes when she shrink or grows them, like with Tedd's size change watches.

Seems very likely she can do both, question is which is harder for her. For Tedd, shrinking with same ratio as clothes is hard, and there is good science reason for that, but it's still possible Rhoda's spell have some "autopilot" function (similar like the one that allows Ellen and Nanase to fly in formations) which allows her to shrink person with clothes by matching ratio easily.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So Rhoda can enchant food that will make someone shrink or grow when it is consumed.

Does she also have little "Eat Me" and "Drink Me" tags that attach to said consumables?

... also remembered that ... well, maybe someone else put those tags on it?

26 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Seems very likely she can do both, question is which is harder for her. For Tedd, shrinking with same ratio as clothes is hard, and there is good science reason for that, but it's still possible Rhoda's spell have some "autopilot" function (similar like the one that allows Ellen and Nanase to fly in formations) which allows her to shrink person with clothes by matching ratio easily.

Well even Elliot has some difficulty with getting his morphs right, we know that if he just focuses on a couple features, the rest defaults to standard, and also if someone happens to say something and even when he starts thinking of something when he's in the process it could produce interesting results.

15 minutes ago, Scotty said:
46 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Well even Elliot has some difficulty with getting his morphs right, we know that if he just focuses on a couple features, the rest defaults to standard, and also if someone happens to say something and even when he starts thinking of something when he's in the process it could produce interesting results.

Elliot is just example of someone who DOESN'T have autopilot functionality in spell. Doesn't rule out that Rhoda's have. In fact, to stay with Elliot, his mild-mannered form self-censorship might be considered sort of autopilot.

I would speculate how likely would Pandora be to give Rhoda spell with autopilot for this, but we actually don't know how big control over the spell she's using for marking she has, so ...

Note also that Rhoda might not cast the spell on anything alive since the bear, much less another person.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Note also that Rhoda might not cast the spell on anything alive since the bear, much less another person.

Ummm, the first time she cast the spell was on the wild boar. So it is canon that Rhoda can change the size of living and non-living things. In fact, the cookie spell might be another spell--Rhoda might actually be awakened, even if she doesn't have a spellbook yet (which Justin apparently doesn't.)

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Well Rhoda did say she learned that there's a side effect of food being grown (and presumably also shrunk) causing the eater to be affected as well, there may be a chance that she was able to shrink herself back to normal, though yes there is also a chance she waited for the spell to wear off but I'd think she would have at least tried to fix it herself.

4 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Ummm, the first time she cast the spell was on the wild boar. So it is canon that Rhoda can change the size of living and non-living things.

He said "since" meaning after the boar.

Commentary spoiler (...apparently no boxes anymore?):

Confirmed that Rhoda can shrink people/things, and isn't (necessarily) just growing her clothes in Grace's vision.  So after fourteen years, it looks like we may be about to see canon shrinking...

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

That would be amusing . . . Hmm, she should come to a party hosted by one of the main cast, and do this for party favors. ^_^

9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Elliot is just example of someone who DOESN'T have autopilot functionality in spell. Doesn't rule out that Rhoda's have. In fact, to stay with Elliot, his mild-mannered form self-censorship might be considered sort of autopilot.

I would speculate how likely would Pandora be to give Rhoda spell with autopilot for this, but we actually don't know how big control over the spell she's using for marking she has, so ...

Autopilot, at least in terms of what I think it would mean, would be the default spell effect, in which case Elliot does have one, if he doesn't try to change any features when using his female form, it results in him looking like Ellen, he did that when he escaped from the ropes in the Nest, and it happened on it's own while he was sleeping when his energy buildups started. Nanase's fairy avatar is similar, the default fairy wears a pink bodysuit, but she can picture other simple outfits to wear. Rhoda's size spell could either encompass the target and shrink the person and what they're wearing, and that pinup would suggest that Rhoda needed to concentrate on not affecting clothing, or it could initially only affect the person and then Rhoda would need to concentrate on the clothing. Which would be more amusing as the default? ;)

7 hours ago, WR...S said:

Commentary spoiler (...apparently no boxes anymore?):

Confirmed that Rhoda can shrink people/things, and isn't (necessarily) just growing her clothes in Grace's vision.  So after fourteen years, it looks like we may be about to see canon shrinking...

Include stuff as [spoiler]Like this.[/spoiler] to give you

Like this.

- even in the (otherwise) WYSIWYG.

(I've used some source-view trickery so hopefully the first one should show up verbatim and the second changed into a spoiler box.)