• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Story 9/12/2015

If Pandora was behind all these (let alone one of the three), would it not be contradicting as to having to try to safeguard Tedd's safety? Nevertheless, I suspect Sirleck now comes into play.

And we now figure where Nanase's blank, open-mouthed expression comes from (to a degree) :demonicduck:

27 minutes ago, WR...S said:

It was definitely Pandora behind Dex.

Or maybe Voltaire wanted Raven to think it was Pandora, so he used her symbol as Dex's mark. Or Pandora marked Dex but Voltaire took advantage of it and manipulated him later.

Even if Pandora did mark Dex, the amulet used to boost his magic power left him "disoriented and open to the suggestions of whoever was able to get through the disorientation" (here).  Maybe Sirleck/Volty/Lord Tedd/Phil/The Gods of Curling/etc. took advantage of that to trick him into attacking the Dojo.  (Maybe that could be why Pandora later stopped using amulets to boost magic power, and blocked the magic flow instead.)

OTOH Pandora herself seems to think of the Greek myth being about a box, so probably wouldn't use a jar as her logo.  So maybe that adds to the idea that someone else gave the amulet to Dex and she's being framed...

43 minutes ago, WillikaKillika said:

Yeah, marking the pendant with a pithos is a possible false flag. Would Pandora really mark her tools with vaguely relevant iconography in order to leave hints that she was behind Dex's manipulation?

Um... yes?  That sounds exactly like something she'd do.

59 minutes ago, WR...S said:

Um... yes?  That sounds exactly like something she'd do.

And that only makes it more believable as a false flag! Pandora can literally do anything she feels like. Because you know, Chaos. But she also doesn't like things that are predictable and boring. Because Chaos, you know? So marking a pendant with an obvious symbol of her as a lead would be something that Pandora would and wouldn't do. She would do it, because having a bunch of teenagers trying to foil her plans would be interesting. It's also something she wouldn't do, because it's something a Dastardly Whiplash would do, and Pandora doesn't have a mustache to twirl.

Also, whoever was influencing Dex had commanded him to make a suicide attack on the Dojo by having him make the Dragon fire on his own position. It seems uncharacteristic of Pandora to try to make somebody commit suicide unless they had done something to seriously anger her (e.g. Abraham). Also, Grace was at Ground Zero for that blast, and Grace is fairly high on Pandora's "protect" list.

As for the idea that it was a False Flag operation by Voltaire, we do have his own monologue implying that he views Pandora as an adversary, what with calling Elliot her pawn and all. Also, the idea that Tara was his second pawn (or perhaps "knight", since we are using a chess metaphor) with which to kill Elliot after Dex failed would explain why he was losing patience after Tara likewise failed to kill Elliot--his abandonment of Plan A for Plan CM come off as rather sudden if that had been his first attempt, but if he had been trying since April, then his impatience makes much more sense.

I'm sticking with Pandora as my top suspect for the comic shop for now, because it seems like it was more of Pandora's unveiling of magic. The dojo, though... who knows?

I wonder when we'll find out for sure, though.

Left field possibility.

What two immortals are always around Elliot and have a history of not really caring about the safety of teens?

Helena and Demetrius.

Granted they did save Elliot from Tara, which lowers the possibility that it's them, but they should still be in the betting pool.

3 hours ago, Pippa's Ghost said:

Pandora herself seems to think of the Greek myth being about a box, so probably wouldn't use a jar as her logo.  So maybe that adds to the idea that someone else gave the amulet to Dex and she's being framed...

One thing we mortals tend to forget is that immortals have a completely different view on what constitutes long term plans.  The Cheshire Fried Colonel may have been manipulating events and people to oppose Pandora for years.  For example, I wouldn't be surprised at this point to discover Voltaire had left the clue about the Dewitchery Diamond in a place where Grace could find it, knowing that would draw out Abraham who would then oppose Pandora's extended family and their associates.

I was wondering if anyone of them would pick up on the whole "an Immortal is trying to kill Elliot" plot. Edward's expression in the second panel is priceless, granted Elliot knows of several issues that may be considered big, vampires and Diane/Susan they've already covered, the mess at the mall which they just covered, the energy clog and the other half of the world which they should be getting to next, and Elliot being marked for death. Knowing Elliot, he'd likely still put the well being of others ahead of the fact that someone's trying to kill him.

Six hours behind the curve this morning in the Silicon Valley. Anyway, there's a whole thread about Pandora being framed over in General Discussion and it's my guess that the mystery won't be unraveled any time soon. It's kind of a theme here: Catspaws. There are three layers of manipulators in the title page: Sirleck behind Pandora behind behind Magus behind Elliot and Ellen (with Diane and Elliot on the sides and maybe between Magus and Pandora). Voltaire isn't even in the picture at all, but we know he's manipulating Sirleck. So we have catspaws of catspaws of catspaws of catspaws... Is that a cat or a centipede?

9 hours ago, WR...S said:

It was definitely Pandora behind Dex.

I used to think so too, but then I noticed Abner using the same phrase that Dex was muttering right before blasting at Noah, Dex's "now" questions seemed to count down to Elliot and Grace showing upthe bulldog dragon isolated Elliot, blasted into traffic on command causing Elliot to have to block instead of dodge, and then moved to finish Elliot until Melissa stepped in. Killing Dex might not have been the original plan, just an effort to cover up Voltaire's involvement when he couldn't finish Elliot. The pithos might have been a message to Pandora, perhaps signifying that this was the hope of the world rather than what she's attempting.

I'm not sold on this theory, mind. It has a lot of holes due to lacking information on what Voltaire was up to at the time and how long he's been against Pandora.

8 hours ago, Pippa's Ghost said:

Even if Pandora did mark Dex, the amulet used to boost his magic power left him "disoriented and open to the suggestions of whoever was able to get through the disorientation" (here).  Maybe Sirleck/Volty/Lord Tedd/Phil/The Gods of Curling/etc. took advantage of that to trick him into attacking the Dojo.  (Maybe that could be why Pandora later stopped using amulets to boost magic power, and blocked the magic flow instead.)

That same comic implies that the same person who gave him the pendant was the one controlling him, though, and while it's difficult to be certain, I think you can see the top of the mark when Dex puts on the pendant in panel 2. Also, he noticed the mark Friday and summoned his fairy on Saturday, but it wasn't until Tuesday when he summoned the fire guy that we see any evidence that he had the pendant. We see in Legends of Celida that Tedd already has multi-function watches, so I would think he's probably been working on them for more than the twenty-odd days since the attack. (Admittedly, I can only confirm a minimum of ten days between him saying he's making sense of magic and using that watch. I thought it was nine, but then I noticed panel 3 would fall on a Saturday if it was successive days, so the book bag means there has to be at least one day skipped.) Plus Raven didn't think it was crazy enough to be her, and if there's anyone who should know... Yeah, the more I think about it, the less certain I am of Pandora being the one behind the pendant.

Edited by EmpactWB
Spelling and correcting link.

28 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Adrian has theorized that Noah was manipulated to be at the dojo, possibly in as attempt to get him killed.  So Elliot might not have been the only target of assassination that day.

That would make Voltaire the prime suspect, because Noah is Adrian's ward. That also suggests perhaps that Pandora might consider Noah as much "family" as Tedd. Voltaire's really targeting Pandora.

It would sure be a good time for Grace to finally remember all the warnings she's been getting about magic getting close to changing. Could that be why she's pacing?

Pandora might have already given Sarah the word on this; kind of fits in with the whole “save all magic” thing. But Pandora also warned Sarah against Edward finding out about her new power, which might explain why Sarah doesn't seem to on the scene now.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Pandora might have already given Sarah the word on this; kind of fits in with the whole “save all magic” thing. But Pandora also warned Sarah against Edward finding out about her new power, which might explain why Sarah doesn't seem to on the scene now.

Pandora's warning was when she wanted Sarah to have frivolous fun with her spell, and was part of her plan for making magic public. Now that Pandora has to fix everything, the warning is kinda moot. Also why Sarah isn't there is because she basically just woke up maybe an hour earlier and got approached by Pandora again. I get why Dan didn't want to do a third straight chapter devoted to Pandora, but I'm anxious to know what she told Sarah.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

Now that Pandora has to fix everything, the warning is kinda moot. 

Pandora might have told Sarah that saving magic was more important than keeping her spell secret, and would have pointed out that if magic changed, Sarah would lose her magic anyway. Edward is still DGB, after all.

I am wondering why Sarah Pandora hasn't contacted her son to help fix the problem or at least to warn him. It could be just because she doesn't want to admit she made a mistake.

Maybe Pandora has empowered Sarah in some way which will fix the clog but allow her to do magic, maybe by making her sort of a magic sponge to soak up the ambient magic energy. Something like this might awaken Sarah completely.

I wonder if there is any limit on how much empowerment an Immortal can give. Jerry had to sacrifice a lot of his to make the hammer artifact. And I'm wondering if empowerment could stretch to include possession as long as the possessed gives consent.

Maybe the four-page dream in Power Fantasy could turn out to be foreshadowing.

Edited by Tom Sewell
I made a boo-boo. Or maybe a Freudian slip? I think Sarah's hot!

So every public magic show we had seen has been Voltaire's doing trying to get Elliot killed. I don't know what his beef against Pandora is, but this obviously isn't about the "getting magic to not be secret" part.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

I am wondering why Sarah hasn't contacted her son to help fix the problem or at least to warn him. It could be just because she doesn't want to admit she made a mistake.

You mean Pandora I hope, Sarah's still a virgin after all. ;)

You know, I'm thinking Tedd's emotional state at the moment has more to do about the fact that Elliot's life is in danger rather than Edward finding out about his mark. There might be a little of that there, but Elliot's at the front of the line. I wonder if Tedd's thinking about making sure his gauntlet is ready.

6 hours ago, EmpactWB said:

That same comic implies that the same person who gave him the pendant was the one controlling him, though, and while it's difficult to be certain, I think you can see the top of the mark when Dex puts on the pendant in panel 2. Also, he noticed the mark Friday and summoned his fairy on Saturday, but it wasn't until Tuesday when he summoned the fire guy that we see any evidence that he had the pendant.

There is also the possibility that Pandora was the one who marked Dex, but it was Voltaire who gave him the pendant (and the telepathic commands). It would explain why there was a time lag in between getting the mark and getting the pendant.