• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Monday September 12, 2016

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=511

Almost had a "Hello, little Catalina." moment I guess.

Oh, in regards to the discussion hkmaly and I were having in the September 9th thread:

1 - It's definitely canon that this wouldn't shrink or grow clothing. The ability to make things go that well would be a sign of advanced skill and not accidentally making transformation food.

So it would seem that Rhoda currently can't affect clothing when changing size, but could later on, and maybe then food that she enchants could also affect clothing.

Given that she apparently doesn't have fine enough control to enlarge her clothes separately from herself while she's wearing them, there are two ways she could have saved her clothes:

1: remove them

or 2: shrink herself in a hurry

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

So it would seem that Rhoda currently can't affect clothing when changing size, but could later on, and maybe then food that she enchants could also affect clothing.

It only could if it can be done.

10 minutes ago, ijuin said:

What enables her from doing that are 1) if she has enough reflexes to remove it in a hurry; and/or 2) if the clothes are still loose enough

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

1 - It's definitely canon that this wouldn't shrink or grow clothing. The ability to make things go that well would be a sign of advanced skill and not accidentally making transformation food.

Actually, it's still open if she can affect clothing when growing directly instead of indirectly using the cookie. But it definitely seem not default: she would need to concentrate on growing WITH clothes. And likely wouldn't get it correctly first time.

31 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Given that she apparently doesn't have fine enough control to enlarge her clothes separately from herself while she's wearing them, there are two ways she could have saved her clothes:

or 2: shrink herself in a hurry

BOTH would likely result in her being naked, as she wouldn't be able to match the growing exactly. But the blushing clearly implied she removed them. If she tried to shrink, she would tell it differently.

(There is also that bit that commentary directly says she took them off.)

Rhoda might be able to grow her clothes.  She's not skilled enough to grow them while growing herself, but growing them just by themselves should be easier to do.

15 minutes ago, partner555 said:

I really do wonder about the circumstances where they realised Rhoda has magic.

They? :)

I understand where are you heading, but I suspect Rhoda did and later show Catalina and it didn't involved clothes.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I understand where are you heading, but I suspect Rhoda did and later show Catalina and it didn't involved clothes.

Rhoda could have accidentally used her spell again with Catalina around to notice it. It seems like Rhoda figuring it out herself and then going "Hey Catalina, look what I can do!" just seems out of place in the EGS world.

I even believe that Melissa accidentally caught Noah doing something with magic at one point rather than Noah just telling her.

35 minutes ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Rhoda could have accidentally used her spell again with Catalina around to notice it. It seems like Rhoda figuring it out herself and then going "Hey Catalina, look what I can do!" just seems out of place in the EGS world.

The way Catalina is ASKING on previous page what Rhoda did sounds like Rhoda kept the spell secret for some time before telling Catalina.

I even believe that Melissa accidentally caught Noah doing something with magic at one point rather than Noah just telling her.

I suspect Noah saved Melissa from something and Melissa then helped him to make his "identity protection" actually work.

Well ... sort of work. Justin also guessed it correctly.

10 minutes ago, demonhunter said:

All this exposition, and my dirty mind fixates on a single question.

Can Rhoda make part of something grow, or just the whole object?

That might fall under the more advanced skill portion.

If Edward's Paranormal Division was really on top of everything, they would be using Uryuom tech to produce a new line of undergarments based on the worker suits and pushing them through every form of media to make them insanely popular  That way, whenever a human gets transformed magically, they will not lose or destroy all their clothes in the process.

16 hours ago, Solarn said:

I'm half suspecting Rhoda is doing this deliberately just to see how far she can go before she breaks her girlfriend's brain.

I don't think she would lie. But the reason she said it instead of keeping it secret is certainly to see Catalina's reaction ...

20 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If Edward's Paranormal Division was really on top of everything, they would be using Uryuom tech to produce a new line of undergarments based on the worker suits and pushing them through every form of media to make them insanely popular  That way, whenever a human gets transformed magically, they will not lose or destroy all their clothes in the process.

People getting transformed magically probably doesn't happen so often, but yes, it would be good idea - it might sell well even normally. They should work on it just after solving the global warming by using Uryuom technology based energy sources.

... seriously. There must be TON of more important technology than the worker suits. Even if we ignore stuff which would be too suspicious or dangerous (ok, the energy sources MIGHT be dangerous, but they don't need to give it to every John Smith, they can just build big power plants with it and make security equal to the nuclear plants).

37 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... seriously. There must be TON of more important technology than the worker suits. Even if we ignore stuff which would be too suspicious or dangerous (ok, the energy sources MIGHT be dangerous, but they don't need to give it to every John Smith, they can just build big power plants with it and make security equal to the nuclear plants).

Considering Uryoums do live on Earth, and have been for quite some time (Will and Gill were born on Earth) It's gotta be possible that Uryuom tech has melded Human tech to a degree. It would of course start at the military level, because military loves getting new tech first, and then slowly trickle into commercial applications. It would have to be done in such a way though that people don't suspect it's alien technology, either by reverse engineering it and rebuilding it to look Human made, or by stating it's a breakthough in design with a new manufacturing process that took years to perfect.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Considering Uryoums do live on Earth, and have been for quite some time (Will and Gill were born on Earth) It's gotta be possible that Uryuom tech has melded Human tech to a degree. It would of course start at the military level, because military loves getting new tech first, and then slowly trickle into commercial applications. It would have to be done in such a way though that people don't suspect it's alien technology, either by reverse engineering it and rebuilding it to look Human made, or by stating it's a breakthough in design with a new manufacturing process that took years to perfect.

... would explain how they got smartphones that fast ...

23 hours ago, Solarn said:

I'm half suspecting Rhoda is doing this deliberately just to see how far she can go before she breaks her girlfriend's brain.

People walking around everyday playing games and taking score?
Are they trying to make other people lose their minds?  Be careful you don't lose yours.