• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Zorua

Things You Only Noticed On Reread

14 hours ago, Scotty said:

To be fair, Sarah could have easily been referring to the train wreck of Matt Cohen attempting to ask Susan on a date.

Hm. I don't see how. All that says to me is that Susan has some understandable fears and concerns when it comes to dating, especially when it involves someone she barely knows. Still, point taken. Sarah might have interpreted it that way.

7 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Hm. I don't see how. All that says to me is that Susan has some understandable fears and concerns when it comes to dating, especially when it involves someone she barely knows. Still, point taken. Sarah might have interpreted it that way.

Yeah, Sarah likely didn't know until Bad Tom happened.

Anyone else feel that page was one of the best Catalina moments? I mean, they're all great, but I think that one made me chuckle the most.

Also seeing Susan and Rhoda together in the imagination frame was interesting--we get to see the contrast between the tallest and smallest of the regular (adult-ish) female characters.

Mr. Verres warns Tedd not to fool around with Grace in her human form, specifically saying she was designed so that she can't get pregnant while transformed.  However, her grandfather tells her, "When you were born, you came out of that egg in your half-squirrel form."  So it isn't the human form Tedd's dad should have been worrying about, because that's a transformed form.  If things worked as described (a big if, I know), then it's only the half-squirrel form that Grace would be able to get pregnant in!

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Mr. Verres warns Tedd not to fool around with Grace in her human form, specifically saying she was designed so that she can't get pregnant while transformed.  However, her grandfather tells her, "When you were born, you came out of that egg in your half-squirrel form."  So it isn't the human form Tedd's dad should have been worrying about, because that's a transformed form.  If things worked as described (a big if, I know), then it's only the half-squirrel form that Grace would be able to get pregnant in!

Grace is likely fertile in all forms, with allowances in the definition of what "fertile" actually means. 

I'm not sure Grace's squirrel-human hybrid could breed with an unmodified human (Tedd).

7 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Grace is likely fertile in all forms, with allowances in the definition of what "fertile" actually means. 

I'm not sure Grace's squirrel-human hybrid could breed with an unmodified human (Tedd).

Another thing to consider is, Grace was originally limited to three forms (human with antennae, half-squirrel and full squirrel), and there were side effects from switching between form, getting zapped by the TFG awakened her Uryuom and Lespuko abilities which allowed her to shapeshift without those side effects as well as being able to add new forms and mix and match forms. Maybe the "can't get pregnant while in x form" restriction was removed as well.

Of course, the full squirrel form may be an exception due to logistics.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Another thing to consider is, Grace was originally limited to three forms (human with antennae, half-squirrel and full squirrel), and there were side effects from switching between form, getting zapped by the TFG awakened her Uryuom and Lespuko abilities which allowed her to shapeshift without those side effects as well as being able to add new forms and mix and match forms. Maybe the "can't get pregnant while in x form" restriction was removed as well.

Of course, the full squirrel form may be an exception due to logistics.

Not necessarily. She could just turn into a six feet tall squirrel.

Unless and until we hear otherwise in the comic, we are left guessing.  Three is a significant chance that nothing has changed about Grace's reproductive ability since Edward's first exposition.

Of course, Grace has been in contact with Dr Sciuridae and her siblings since then and has been transformed via several means.  Anything could be possible at this point.  I wouldn't rule out parthenogenesis.

7 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Of course, Grace has been in contact with Dr Sciuridae and her siblings since then and has been transformed via several means.  Anything could be possible at this point.  I wouldn't rule out parthenogenesis.

Maybe she can give Mr. Verres a headache which eventually causes a fully grown, armed and armoured goddess to spring forth from his brow.

Kinda silly thing to notice, but when Pandora was talking to Heka, I had originally thought they were sitting on stone chairs, but I just noticed a crease in the seat by Heka's left leg, those chairs a cushioned!!!

Probably very comfortable too...Come to think of it, that whole scene looks like a late night talk show.

22 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I just noticed a crease in the seat by Heka's left leg, those chairs a cushioned!!!

Probably very comfortable too...Come to think of it, that whole scene looks like a late night talk show.

I have already gone on record predicting that Hecka will host the post Sister III Q&A comics in that parlor.

47 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Kinda silly thing to notice, but when Pandora was talking to Heka, I had originally thought they were sitting on stone chairs, but I just noticed a crease in the seat by Heka's left leg, those chairs a cushioned!!!

Cushioned chairs are one of our legacies from Ancient Egypt. We're not sure where beer appeared first, but it was one of the things the pyramid builders were paid with, and there's a myth that one of the gods made the Nile flow with beer once.

9 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

and there's a myth that one of the gods made the Nile flow with beer once.

"... and the bad news is, you have to write the environmental impact statement."

10 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

and there's a myth that one of the gods made the Nile flow with beer once.

This kinda sorta happened in Denmark, too, if more recently. We had a whiskey distillery with an appallingly stupid fire safety mechanism. If it even suspected there was a fire, it reacted by dumping all the whiskey in the building into the stream next to it -- some 125.000 gallons of raw rye whiskey. After this had happened twice in three months due to dusty old and rotting wiring sparking, the place was shut down and the owners told to get a system that made sense or stay closed.

Just now, The Old Hack said:

This kinda sorta happened in Denmark, too, if more recently. We had a whiskey distillery with an appallingly stupid fire safety mechanism. If it even suspected there was a fire, it reacted by dumping all the whiskey in the building into the stream next to it -- some 125.000 gallons of raw rye whiskey. After this had happened twice in three months due to dusty old and rotting wiring sparking, the place was shut down and the owners told to get a system that made sense or stay closed.

It's probably what happened back in Egypt as well, but it was easier to blame it on the gods.

Oh there were incidents back in Ancient Egypt.  But you probably wouldn't recognize the REAL details.

Let's just say that there were some conflicting accounts in history.  Take that for what ever it's worth.

But whatever you do, DO NOT let a disgruntled former prince write the official spin on what happened.

20 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Not even if it is an artist?

I'm not 100% up on Prince's discography, but based on his name change and such like, I suspect his heirs are looking at a large collection of songs that are "you suck and here is why" directed at various record management people.  And they are wondering if they can release them with out getting their ass sued off.

4 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I'm not 100% up on Prince's discography, but based on his name change and such like, I suspect his heirs are looking at a large collection of songs that are "you suck and here is why" directed at various record management people.  And they are wondering if they can release them with out getting their ass sued off.

Oooh the temptation. If I couldn't actually release them, I would look into having them 'accidentally' leaked on the Internet instead. Good music should be heard and profiteering record management people should be given razzberries.

On ‎06‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:22 PM, The Old Hack said:

Oooh the temptation. If I couldn't actually release them, I would look into having them 'accidentally' leaked on the Internet instead. Good music should be heard and profiteering record management people should be given razzberries.

Maybe Razzberry  Berets?

57 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

And being made to was in through the out door?

Warren Zevon and R.E.M covering Prince. There were parts of the late 80's and early 90's that just freaking rocked. And rocked freaking hard.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Warren Zevon and R.E.M covering Prince. There were parts of the late 80's and early 90's that just freaking rocked. And rocked freaking hard.

Warren Zevon is an interesting and inspired choice.  He's best known for the werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand...