• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Zorua

Things You Only Noticed On Reread

So, this might have been covered in the old thread, and might be better placed in wild guessing. But I was rereading and got to Jerry talking about Ted's ...father during the Hammerchlorians arc. What if he actually knows Both Edward and Ted through Noriko?
It would kinda imply that Jerry was a participant in the Noriko Information Blackout. No, wait, I'd be inferring that, right?. Not sure what he'd be implying...

Jerry.png

Yeah that was one of the things I mentioned in either a reaction thread or the wild theories thread back in the old forums, that hesitation has to mean he was about to say something that involved Noriko, but had to stop himself and just talk about Edward. Like "His parents are VIPs"

I could see that as well considering Noriko is a legendary monster hunter, she's likely killed a number of aberrations for them.

The fact that he hesitated definitely means that he was about to say something other than "father". Most likely is either "mother" or "parents", but it might have been somebody we aren't thinking of . . .

Hmm, might Jerry know about Adrian Raven? In that case he might also know that Pandora is Tedd's "Fairy Grandmother", who seems to regard Tedd as being the closest thing she has to a grandchild.

Jerry did know about Raven because he suggested Susan, Grace and Sarah go to him for any help, and Grace stated they already knew about Raven being an elf who tried to protect Ellen. He definitely knows about Tedd since he spoke of him by name when Susan said Grace's boyfriend's dad was the former head of the paranormal division. He likely knows the connection between Edward and Raven, as well as Pandora being Raven's mother, but Pandora did say that immortals are capable of keeping themselves hidden from other immortals, so Jerry might not know what Pandora has been doing for the past several years. I'm also afraid that kind of information might not have been saved through Jerry's reset either.

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=1132

In this comic, Elliot isn't convinced that Ellen isn't interested in going to the Dojo. Ellen states that not going gives her more time for other stuff, like getting homework done and hanging out with Grace. I know this was a while back and nothing's amounted to anything from it, but Ellen just straight up said that she'd rather hang out with Grace than go to the Dojo where her GIRLFRIEND is. Ellen and Nanase could have restarted the sparring tradition that Nanase and Elliot had when they dated, I doubt Elliot would have a problem with that considering he's got no issue with Ellen and Nanase dating and he knows Ellen's got his memories of the sparring matches that ended in makeouts so he probably figures she's entitled to do stuff like that. I just found that very odd.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=1132

In this comic, Elliot isn't convinced that Ellen isn't interested in going to the Dojo. Ellen states that not going gives her more time for other stuff, like getting homework done and hanging out with Grace. I know this was a while back and nothing's amounted to anything from it, but Ellen just straight up said that she'd rather hang out with Grace than go to the Dojo where her GIRLFRIEND is. Ellen and Nanase could have restarted the sparring tradition that Nanase and Elliot had when they dated, I doubt Elliot would have a problem with that considering he's got no issue with Ellen and Nanase dating and he knows Ellen's got his memories of the sparring matches that ended in makeouts so he probably figures she's entitled to do stuff like that. I just found that very odd.

I think this is Ellen trying, once again, to differentiate herself from Elliot. By deliberately not going to the dojo she establishes another difference in their behavior patterns. It might be reaching a bit, but given how desperate she was to not just be female Elliot locked out of her old life, it is rather understandable to me.

12 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I think this is Ellen trying, once again, to differentiate herself from Elliot. By deliberately not going to the dojo she establishes another difference in their behavior patterns. It might be reaching a bit, but given how desperate she was to not just be female Elliot locked out of her old life, it is rather understandable to me.

Yeah, I can understand that, I just thought it was odd that Nanase being there wasn't a strong enough, I guess we can assume that Ellen weighed the pros and cons of it and felt that she was spending enough time with Nanase already and didn't want to make Nanase feel smothered?

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

Yeah, I can understand that, I just thought it was odd that Nanase being there wasn't a strong enough, I guess we can assume that Ellen weighed the pros and cons of it and felt that she was spending enough time with Nanase already and didn't want to make Nanase feel smothered?

That in combination with her desire to differentiate herself from Elliot might well do it, yes.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

I guess we can assume that Ellen weighed the pros and cons of it and felt that she was spending enough time with Nanase already and didn't want to make Nanase feel smothered?

I doubt there was that much conscious analysis.  More likely whenever she'd think of going to the dojo, or even of resuming the sparring/kissing tradition, it just felt wrong, like something she just wasn't into anymore, didn't feel right to go back to doing it.  Ellen acts on instinct a lot, but her instincts usually come to the same conclusion thoughtful analysis would.

Even so, Ellen DID go back to the Dojo when Grace became serious about her own martial arts training,

And, as far as I know, we still don't know the status of the ASMA Dojo,  Has Greg closed it or sold it?  Is he keeping it going until he finds a buyer?  Is he teaching at another dojo?

Some time ago, I proposed a wild theory that Ed Verres recruited Greg to help train Grace's siblings.  Nothing in the comic so far contradicts that idea.  Grace and Ellen may have been training at the same place.

42 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Some time ago, I proposed a wild theory that Ed Verres recruited Greg to help train Grace's siblings.  Nothing in the comic so far contradicts that idea.  Grace and Ellen may have been training at the same place.

And there is a theory that Greg is dating Vladia. There's no evidence either for or against this theory.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I could see hiring him for training or helping to train Gov. agents, but what Graces siblings needed is more socializing and integration. There is no reason to train them for combat unless they become gov. agents. 

11 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

And there is a theory that Greg is dating Vladia.

I wasn't going to mention my secret ship again.  But as long as you want to bring it up...

I thought Guineas and Hedge would need martial arts training because of the same reason Grace needed it.  They need to learn to use and control their advantages without becoming deadly weapons.   And even though Greg hasn't developed any magical combat abilities himself, he has proven his ability to train those who do have unusual abilities.

And one other thing, if the facility where the former nest residents are being evaluated and trained is close enough to Moperville for Greg to commute, then Grace (now that she is over 18) might be able to see her family on a regular basis.  Not just over the video link in the lab.

15 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Even so, Ellen DID go back to the Dojo when Grace became serious about her own martial arts training,

And, as far as I know, we still don't know the status of the ASMA Dojo,  Has Greg closed it or sold it?  Is he keeping it going until he finds a buyer?  Is he teaching at another dojo?

I believe he mentioned being accepted as a teacher at another place.

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2113

Only just noticed this when I was looking back over this part and saw Carol's motions at the end of that page and the beginning of the next. It took me a second to realize where I'd seen them before in the comic (Sarah testing her powers). I assume someone's pointed this one out already, but still, interesting.

It was I think one of the first things people thought when they saw it, I still don't think that's the case and that there's a real world explanation for it, but it hasn't stopped people from speculating.