• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Zorua

Things You Only Noticed On Reread

The fact that there are a number of Seyunolus and other humanoids in the Second Life reality, there's a chance there would be some with facial antennae. The chance of a alternate of Vlad(ia) specifically though? The chances are pretty low. Grace, Hedge, Gineas and Vlad were created for a specific reason in the EGS Prime universe, if that reason didn't exist in the Second Life universe then Grace and her brothers would likely not exist either.

Well Grace might still exist but as Dr (or just Mr) Scuiridae's fully human daughter.

Not sure if anyone's ever mentioned this in the old forums, but I noticed in the commentary of this page, Dan say's:

Tedd's right, of course. Not about being a horrible cook. Tedd can do a decent job if she's in the right frame of mind.

I know Dan did the commentaries "Tedd et Tam" last year, but I don't recall Tedd mentioning he cooks better when female prior to Grace's birthday, so correct me if I'm wrong, but did Dan slip a spoiler in the commentary? ;)

23 hours ago, Scotty said:

Not sure if anyone's ever mentioned this in the old forums, but I noticed in the commentary of this page, Dan say's:

23 hours ago, Scotty said:

Tedd's right, of course. Not about being a horrible cook. Tedd can do a decent job if she's in the right frame of mind.

I know Dan did the commentaries "Tedd et Tam" last year, but I don't recall Tedd mentioning he cooks better when female prior to Grace's birthday, so correct me if I'm wrong, but did Dan slip a spoiler in the commentary? ;)

I noticed that as well. I'm not sure it counts as a spoiler exactly (I'm sure there are people who would come to the conclusion that Tedd is genderfluid from that, but it can't be very many), but planting a seed certainly.

Yeah, it wasn't really clear that Tedd's female transformations were part of his/her self-image prior to summer. Before that, they were always presented as something that Tedd did for the experience of doing them.

There is some meaning to almost everything Dan puts in EGS.  If it is in the comic at one point, it may will somehow be relevant at a later point.  I came to this conclusion when I realized that I was the last person in these forums who wouldn't concede that the mysterious cloaked figure was a Griffon in search of Avalon.

This is why we still actively try to understand the mystery that is Phil...

48 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

There is some meaning to almost everything Dan puts in EGS.  If it is in the comic at one point, it may will somehow be relevant at a later point.  I came to this conclusion when I realized that I was the last person in these forums who wouldn't concede that the mysterious cloaked figure was a Griffon in search of Avalon.

This is why we still actively try to understand the mystery that is Phil...

I was a pretty hard sell on the griffin idea as well, it basically wasn't until just before Tara's reveal that I finally accepted it.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I was a pretty hard sell on the griffin idea as well, it basically wasn't until just before Tara's reveal that I finally accepted it.

I was a pretty hard sell too. Though I admitted relatively early on that it looked more and more likely, I wasn't happy about it.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

For me the reason I rejected the Griffon Theory is because (at the time) I naïvely believed that "I am in search of Avalon" was just a one-off gag.

Same, it just seemed too ridiculous to think there was more to it.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:
9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
10 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:

May I ask why you all were so against the griffin theory? Don't you like griffins?

For me the reason I rejected the Griffon Theory is because (at the time) I naïvely believed that "I am in search of Avalon" was just a one-off gag.

Same, it just seemed too ridiculous to think there was more to it.

That was a fair bit of it for me too, and it seemed like a really bad idea to introduce Yet More Characters into the story. We already have a hard time seeing all of the main 8 every half year.

Today's the first time I noticed the imaginary jock on this page saying "Our mothers love us!" and I'm kinda sad for seeing Tedd being hung up about that aspect of his life and the connection that this would make him "generally unwanted."

But I'm happy Grace's love is unconditional and he experiences that so yeah, awesome attention to detail Dan!

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Didn't Dan specify that Wolf was carrying a picture of Cranium in his wallet?

Yep

Point is, there is no "will they, won't they" issue with Wolf and Cranium. They have, they will again, and they utterly fail at hiding it. Point of evidence, that little hard-to-make-out photo in Wolf's wallet below his ID? Photo of Cranium.

Pandora watches television.

(Well, either she watches TV, or she keeps up with some other media that discusses TV, closely enough to be very familiar with House, M.D. and his foibles.)

I also noticed that in the linked conversation, Pandora never takes on the little girl form, meaning it's *possible* that Adrian doesn't know that's her.....

There's been many instances that Pandora has shown that she's kept up with pop culture, when she was talking to Sarah about her spell, she describes Sarah as "a D rank talent with an S rank spell", a ranking system found in numerous video games. It makes sense actually, in terms of guiding, it would be easier for an Immortal to speak in terms that are easily understood. It would make it harder for a person to detect whether the Immortal is leading them on about something, would you take an Immortal seriously if they spoke as if they were from the 1850's, or spoke like everyone else in the present?

As for whether Adrian knows that Pandora is the creepy girl or not, we could probably assume from his flashback talking to Noah about the pendant Dex had that he does know of Pandora's child form. I would think that he'd have seen her child form many times during his life. Even though it had been 14 years since he'd last spoken to Pandora, it's possible they had more frequent visits before then.

7 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Pandora watches television.

(Well, either she watches TV, or she keeps up with some other media that discusses TV, closely enough to be very familiar with House, M.D. and his foibles.)

I also noticed that in the linked conversation, Pandora never takes on the little girl form, meaning it's *possible* that Adrian doesn't know that's her.....

Also worth noting is that, if I were alive for hundreds of years, I'd be interested in the new ways in which people communicate and amuse themselves as well. Isn't a good plot-twist in fiction the definition of something unexpected, and isn't that Pandora has been craving? I assume she's watched all seasons of Game of Thrones at this point ^_^

Actually, now we're talking about it, it surprises me that Pandora hasn't become a giant weeb or something. Surely, what she's longing for could only be provided by fiction, right?

1 hour ago, Maplestrip said:

Actually, now we're talking about it, it surprises me that Pandora hasn't become a giant weeb or something. Surely, what she's longing for could only be provided by fiction, right?

Magic exists in EGS so I would think that much of what fantasy fiction writers create could be made possible by a sufficiently powerful enough Immortal. We've only has a small taste of what's on the other side of the world. The fact that there are griffons and magic users seem to be much more public over there. Pandora, basically wants that on this half of the world.

Still though, fantasy aside, I can imagine Pandora being a really big fan of House. Comparatively, real-life is just really badly paced. Either too many things happen really fast simultaneously (like how in the world of the comic, multiple interesting things are happening at the same time), or nothing happens for months. Fiction simply has much better pacing!

If I were Pandora, I would be reading Cyanide and Happiness every weekday and watch Mayoiga in the weekends. 

how do you know she isn't?

How do you know she hasn't read the entire internet already?

I mean, if your bored enough, have enough free time, can warp reality, and don't need to do things like eat or sleep, you could power through a LOT of stuff pretty fast.

6 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

I mean, if your bored enough, have enough free time, can warp reality, and don't need to do things like eat or sleep, you could power through a LOT of stuff pretty fast.

If you're wondering how she eats and sleeps and other science facts...
La La La