• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Zorua

Things You Only Noticed On Reread

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Ducks and Pelicans, as well as most of the other swimming, wading, and diving birds, tend to tolerate each other as long as they remember one thing

EVERYONE hates the Seagulls

Seagulls don't exist.

Ducks and Pelicans, as well as most of the other swimming, wading, and diving birds, tend to tolerate each other as long as they remember one thing

EVERYONE hates the Seagulls

:D True, that. I hate the seagulls. And what's up with hanging out literally thousands of miles from the sea? I've seen huge flocks of them in totally inappropriate places. Compared to seagulls, pigeons, aka flying rats, are pleasant ambiance.

19 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

I thought that the alligators ate all of them.

And that the manatees ate the alligators.

Alligators eat whatever is handy, but they don't feed that often. Their diet seems to be primarily small yappy dogs being walked near the bayou. Yes, they do us all a great service.

Manatees do not eat the alligators. You need to read the edumacational literature.

12 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

<blink> Does that mean that what I've heard about raging swarms of alligators laying siege to shopping malls is a lie, too?

I haven't heard that one.

American gators are large, but not particularly aggressive toward humans. They were hunted to near extinction for their tough and decorative hides, the tail is also valued for meat. I've had alleged alligator, it wasn't bad, but I don't know how you could tell that's what you were actually getting. The taste is not that distinct.

They are a fresh and brackish water animal, said to be tolerant of cooler climates than their relatives. My ex-father in law who hunts in the swamps around Charleston, SC, has seen them there. I would not be surprised to see one near me, but we'd be on the fringe, if at all.

They can move fast, but stamina does not seem to be their thing; quick lunge, them I'm done. Hence the miniature poodle tally.

Crocodiles are related, they are more salt water tolerant, and generally more aggressive. American crocs are on the low end of this scale, smaller than their cousins around the world. They are far less numerous than gators here, generally only on the southern tip of Florida, but can be found around the Caribbean. They are about the same size as American alligators, and not all that distinct, although side by side you could tell them apart.

Then there's the Canadian Trap Door Alligator, that only appears in Something Positive.

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

<blink> Does that mean that what I've heard about raging swarms of alligators laying siege to shopping malls is a lie, too?

2nd take on this, they are territorial towards each other, so swarms does not make sense.

Another odd note, one years, "What the hell do you think you're doing, releasing that?" is next year's common species. Pythons are serious competition for alligators in the Everglades. Each is capable of and willing to try to eat the other.

Just now, Darth Fluffy said:

2nd take on this, they are territorial towards each other, so swarms does not make sense.

That must be why we do not have half-starved packs of polar bears rampaging through the streets of Copenhagen.

Yeah, I was actually once asked if we had any polar bear problems in Denmark. Since the closest ones are on Svalbard to the north of Norway, they are not really that big of a problem.

3 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

That must be why we do not have half-starved packs of polar bears rampaging through the streets of Copenhagen.

Yeah, I was actually once asked if we had any polar bear problems in Denmark. Since the closest ones are on Svalbard to the north of Norway, they are not really that big of a problem.

Well, everybody knows that the vikings were Danes and every body know, via Led Zeppelin, about coming from the land of ice and snow, so obviously you have polar bears.  It's just logical that's all.

17 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Well, everybody knows that the vikings were Danes and every body know, via Led Zeppelin, about coming from the land of ice and snow, so obviously you have polar bears.  It's just logical that's all.

Well, I did reply that in Denmark it used to be a test of manhood to strangle a polar bear barehanded but that it came to an end back in 1979 when I myself choked the last one to death.

4 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Well, I did reply that in Denmark it used to be a test of manhood to strangle a polar bear barehanded but that it came to an end back in 1979 when I myself choked the last one to death.

I assumed they took that in the way it was intended.  Or were they impressed by your tale of manhoodness?

10 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Watch out for them bipolar bears, the ones that are cute and cuddly one minute, and snarly and nasty the next.

5 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Watch out for them bipolar bears, the ones that are cute and cuddly one minute, and snarly and nasty the next.

I resemble that remark.

56 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I resemble that remark.

Well, so does your cat, just on general principles. She is, after all, a cat.

3 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Well, so does your cat, just on general principles. She is, after all, a cat.

She's seldom snarly and her nasty is only if she gets too active in play.  She really is a good kitty and not really bi-polar.  Just don't rub her belly at night.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

She's seldom snarly and her nasty is only if she gets too active in play.  She really is a good kitty and not really bi-polar.  Just don't rub her belly at night.

Nope. Can't be a cat. In the dictionary, they have a picture of a cat for 'bipolar'.

"I was beside myself when they said I had a bipolar split personality."

12 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

If the latter, they would in all ways be disappointed by the truth.

That sounds generally applicable to so much of life.

In the end, we're just hamsters running in our wheels, until we finally stop.

My thought on the afterlife: "It wasn't what I expected, and neither is this."

9 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Nope. Can't be a cat. In the dictionary, they have a picture of a cat for 'bipolar'.

There are several things that Explorer does that are not like other cats I've had.  The chief of them is her separation anxiety she gets when I leave the house for a while.

28 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

You forget that the most important rule for Cats is to always keep the human guessing

The biggest thing the EtC keeps me guessing about is the timing for "Mad capped dashing time".  She some days does it when we get out of bed, some days after being out of bed for a few hours, other times at 3:00 in the morning.  Well, that and when it's safe to pet her belly.

You forget that the most important rule for Cats is to always keep the human guessing

I need the Cheshire Cat smiley, with only the grin.