• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Zorua

Things You Only Noticed On Reread

On 10/2/2016 at 0:48 PM, ijuin said:

It's basic Newton's Third Law--the wing is at a positive angle of attack relative to the air stream. This deflects the air downward as the wing moves forward, and the reaction force pushes the wing upward. Try it yourself by sticking your hand out the window of a moving car, held at an angle to the air stream--you will feel your hand being pushed vertically.

Yes. This is almost precisely what I would have said.

Of course at the current flow rate of comic time vs real time, this will not matter for several years real time but it's only 57 days (comic time) until the next party.  It being an Ellen spins around party, of course, depends on what magic does between now and then.  Plus there is the issue of how Ashley, Sam and Luke will feel about this.  I'm assuming that the Significant Others of main cast members would be invited to any party.  Sam would be the major stumbling block, of course and maybe Luke.  Ashley would be all about it, being the little goody two shoes pervert she is.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Of course at the current flow rate of comic time vs real time, this will not matter for several years real time but it's only 57 days (comic time) until the next party.  It being an Ellen spins around party, of course, depends on what magic does between now and then.  Plus there is the issue of how Ashley, Sam and Luke will feel about this.  I'm assuming that the Significant Others of main cast members would be invited to any party.  Sam would be the major stumbling block, of course and maybe Luke.  Ashley would be all about it, being the little goody two shoes pervert she is.

I'm still hoping the gang acknowledges Ellen's true "birthday" which is in 17 days comic time. I would expect that, on paper, she'd share Elliot's birthday because twins, but for the main eight, they'd have to think it'd be strange to not do something for her on the 29th of January.

Heck, I wouldn't mind finding out where everyone else's birthdays are. We just know Ellen's, Grace's, Susan's and of course Diane's.

44 minutes ago, mlooney said:

This.    What's so special about that?   What if Nanase's magic can detect immortals?

I wouldn't go entirely that far, it's likely she detected Magus watching the two of them. Though I wouldn't discount the idea of her detecting Immortals that haven't learned how to hide themselves from other Immortals, but as for more powerful Immortals? Not unless they intentionally let themselves be detected.

52 minutes ago, ijuin said:

So, like, Helena and Demetrius back during spring might have been noticed...

They might still be noticeable depending on how long it takes an Immortal to learn that, and the is the whole improper reset that might have mixed up how often they learn stuff.

Jerry might be noticeable as well, considering he's relatively freshly reset.

But Voltaire, and certainly Pandora, wouldn't be.

59 minutes ago, Scotty said:

They might still be noticeable depending on how long it takes an Immortal to learn that, and the is the whole improper reset that might have mixed up how often they learn stuff.

Jerry might be noticeable as well, considering he's relatively freshly reset.

But Voltaire, and certainly Pandora, wouldn't be.

While I grant I'm doing the same thing1, but assuming that Nanase's spell can in fact "detect" immortals, you are assuming facts not in evidence.

1In that we never have found out what she detected, but she did think what ever it was she detected it was looking "down".

3 minutes ago, mlooney said:

While I grant I'm doing the same thing1, but assuming that Nanase's spell can in fact "detect" immortals, you are assuming facts not in evidence.

1In that we never have found out what she detected, but she did think what ever it was she detected it was looking "down".

I'm basing the likely hood of it being Magus that Nanase detected on the fact that Pandora had told Magus to "follow the remainder" a day or so earlier.

The rest of it is pure speculation based on Pandora's statement about Immortals having to learn to hide themselves again after a reset.

The only real snag here is that Immortals don't have any detectable magic, that likely applies to all Immortals regardless of how freshly reset they are. So the one way around that is Nanase's spell doesn't actually detect the being looking at her, just that there's something looking at her and the general direction it's from, which is backed up by the fact that Nanase assumed that it could have been a mouse in the ventilation duct

Still, my money (or quatloos) is on Magus.

Look at the second panel of this flashback when Justin is telling his story to Susan during Grace's Birthday Party. Like me you may have dismissed the background characters as, well, generic background characters. But a closer look at the upper right reveals that the guy taking money out of his wallet is about to give it to either Diane or Lucy. And isn't that forlorn girl passing unnoticed to the left Rhoda before Diane changed her look?

Given that it looks like there's both a blonde with straight hair and a girl with permed hair standing near the guy with the wallet, I think it is both Diane and Lucy.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 5:48 PM, Scotty said:

I'm basing the likely hood of it being Magus that Nanase detected on the fact that Pandora had told Magus to "follow the remainder" a day or so earlier.

I assumed it was the gremlin.  Abraham summons it "Very Early Tuesday Morning", but it doesn't interact with Elliot until lunch, where it gets unsummoned, so to provide information on Ellen's "curse" it has to have checked her first (though I suppose deduced it from Elliot's ability is an option).

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Look at the second panel of this flashback when Justin is telling his story to Susan during Grace's Birthday Party. Like me you may have dismissed the background characters as, well, generic background characters. But a closer look at the upper right reveals that the guy taking money out of his wallet is about to give it to either Diane or Lucy. And isn't that forlorn girl passing unnoticed to the left Rhoda before Diane changed her look?

Yeah it is Rhoda. This flashback goes back to freshman year so it would make sense if Diane hadn't recruited her yet, I do wonder how that came about though.

6 minutes ago, malloyd said:

I assumed it was the gremlin.  Abraham summons it "Very Early Tuesday Morning", but it doesn't interact with Elliot until lunch, where it gets unsummoned, so to provide information on Ellen's "curse" it has to have checked her first (though I suppose deduced it from Elliot's ability is an option).

Abraham told the bloodgrem to go to the building where he detected who he thought was the "cursed", which was Elliot, Ellen was the "curse". Abraham wanted only needed to find one of them, if the bloodgrem found Ellen first then he wouldn't have needed it to locate Elliot.

Fourth panel here, we have a girl with long straight hair and pockets that kinda look like Sam's.  Could this be Sam on a non-card-game night when he can't be "at his most real" and has to go out without binding his breasts and otherwise altering his appearance?

6 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Fourth panel here, we have a girl with long straight hair and pockets that kinda look like Sam's.  Could this be Sam on a non-card-game night when he can't be "at his most real" and has to go out without binding his breasts and otherwise altering his appearance?

This was certainly talked about when the comic page was released, and I don't think anyone could think of any good reason why it couldn't be. Sam's employer could have a strict policy for what employees can wear to work and Sam likely couldn't have checked off "male" in the application for fear of losing his job later if someone found out that he "lied" about it (I'm not saying Sam would be lying, but people who are transphobic likely would and make a huge fuss about it).

On 11/5/2016 at 10:57 PM, CritterKeeper said:

On 11/5/2016 at 5:14 AM, Scotty said:

This was certainly talked about when the comic page was released, and I don't think anyone could think of any good reason why it couldn't be. Sam's employer could have a strict policy for what employees can wear to work and Sam likely couldn't have checked off "male" in the application for fear of losing his job later if someone found out that he "lied" about it (I'm not saying Sam would be lying, but people who are transphobic likely would and make a huge fuss about it).

An interesting "maybe." The girl in panel four  could be wearing a badge on her shirt or hung on a chain around her neck. Or that thing sticking out could just be her other sleeve, although I wonder "where's the arm that goes with that sleeve?" Her outfit looks kind of like the work uniform Susan wears in the winter. Not really the same, but it suggests she's working at the mall somwhere.

If she is Sam, why exactly is she giving the eye to Ashley and her buxom petite pink-haired companion? Is she, um, attracted? Or did Sam see Ashley together with still-a-dude Elliot? Maybe Sam works at the cookie place? Or the bookstore?

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

If she is Sam, why exactly is she giving the eye to Ashley and her buxom petite pink-haired companion? Is she, um, attracted? Or did Sam see Ashley together with still-a-dude Elliot? Maybe Sam works at the cookie place? Or the bookstore?

Maybe Sam is still attracted to females despite not identifying as female. He didn't seem against the idea of going on a maybe date with Sarah, just worried about what Sarah might think if she found out that Sam is transgender.

5 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

The gender you identify as need not have anything to do with what you are attracted to.

I wasn't trying to imply otherwise, sorry if it did. I certainly know that it doesn't as I know someone who's trans-female and is still attracted to females.

And yes, I have her reading EGS and even she just a few days ago messaged me on twitter pointing out that she thought that was Sam in panel 4 as well. :)

Just now, partner555 said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=1732

Elliot's whole school knows what he's like, this may cause complications in Edward's plan to keep Elliot from being looked at too closely by the general public.

Elliot's also gone to school as a girl, the principle and most of the teaching staff might not even bat an eyelash at him being cheerleadra. Many of the students are are also used to weird stuff happening in school that it wouldn't take long for this to die down naturally, Edward's plan might work, but it also might have some be like "Wait, I'm certain that Elliot is Cheerleadra" and go out of their way to prove it instead of "Eh, so he's Cheerleadra, that's cool" and leave it at that.

If you've noticed, Justin hasn't been getting many students at MSHS still asking him about him fighting along side Cheerleadra, Luke was the first in a long time to ask about it, and now I wonder what Luke's friends are thinking after hearing who Cheerleadra is.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

The biggest reaction at Moperville North, I think, will be "Eww, you mean that that hot Cheerleadra is actually a dude?!"

Ronin will then attempt to adjust his reasoning to why Elliot and Sarah broke up to include this.

On 08/11/2016 at 2:10 AM, Scotty said:

Ronin will then attempt to adjust his reasoning to why Elliot and Sarah broke up to include this.

He's done enough damage already, and you know "Ronin" really messed up if even Tony called him out for it.