• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Zorua

Things You Only Noticed On Reread

19 hours ago, Scotty said:

Back in "End of an Era" when Justin and Susan are talking about Susan being attracted to Elliot, apparently Justin notices something else(panel 4) in Susan's "list of things to avoid doing to not accidentally seduce Elliot".

Makes me want to know what all is in that list. :D

Do not use her chest to summon "replacement" clothing ;)

53 minutes ago, Sjmcc13 said:

Do not use her chest to summon "replacement" clothing ;)

The logistics of using the summoning spell for clothes is mind boggling. For one, said clothes would not appear on her, she'd have to put them on herself, but why would she even have that as an option knowing said clothes would be temporary and disappear after a bit. Also if summoned clothing followed the same rules as summoned weapons/tools/fairies, a good tap on the shoulder could render her topless.

She's more likely to have "Get Elliot to morph into female forms with various outfits that I could try on" huh... that could very well have been a possibility for the review show, she could have had Elliot morph into a form wearing a trek uniform then give it to her to use, but she had Justin help her find one instead.

I also wonder if she had "Don't summon fairies around Elliot" on there as well, because it would make it harder to hide her feelings for him with Little Nase around. Elliot: "Uh Susan. why does your fairy keep trying to kiss me?"

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

The logistics of using the summoning spell for clothes is mind boggling. For one, said clothes would not appear on her, she'd have to put them on herself, but why would she even have that as an option knowing said clothes would be temporary and disappear after a bit. Also if summoned clothing followed the same rules as summoned weapons/tools/fairies, a good tap on the shoulder could render her topless.

Basic clothing, probably would be a bad idea for the stated reasons.

A sweater, heavy coat, and umbrella/raincoat, on the other hand, would make sense.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

I also wonder if she had "Don't summon fairies around Elliot" on there as well, because it would make it harder to hide her feelings for him with Little Nase around. Elliot: "Uh Susan. why does your fairy keep trying to kiss me?"

Except Little Nase is affectionate to all Susan's friends, so she'd have an excuse.  "Oh, is Nase back in 'drunk hippie' mode?"

7 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Except Little Nase is affectionate to all Susan's friends, so she'd have an excuse.  "Oh, is Nase back in 'drunk hippie' mode?"

I don't think Sarah was convinced. In fact I think if Sarah saw Susan's fairy hugging Elliot with Susan trying to use that excuse, she might get suspicious.

Just a small thing, but I was just very amused by the bit about Sith Founders in Justin and Nanase's roleplay.  I could definitely see those two groups working together, at the least, and given the bit about there only ever being one master, one apprentice, and the sort of collective mind the Founders had going, it might even be a way to have a whole bunch of Sith to battle at once!

Hmm, Sith Founders. Both Sith and Founders have a core philosophy based upon dominating and exploiting everyone that they can, along with contempt for those whom they dominate as being "inferior", so yes I can see the Founders adopting Sith philosophy if they are capable of becoming Force-users.

On another note, in the fifth panel of http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=1095 if you look close at Principal Verruckt's head, you can see the dividing line between his actual hair and the toupee.

12 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Just a small thing, but I was just very amused by the bit about Sith Founders in Justin and Nanase's roleplay.  I could definitely see those two groups working together, at the least, and given the bit about there only ever being one master, one apprentice, and the sort of collective mind the Founders had going, it might even be a way to have a whole bunch of Sith to battle at once!

Or, you could click here. o.o (Link rather too violent and loud to be safe for work.)

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Or, you could click here. o.o (Link rather too violent and loud to be safe for work.)

There can be dark Force users, dark Jedi, whatever, but they've been pretty consistent in the movies that Sith in particular are always two in number, one master and one apprentice.  But if you can count the entire collective of Founders as one of those....

48 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

There can be dark Force users, dark Jedi, whatever, but they've been pretty consistent in the movies that Sith in particular are always two in number, one master and one apprentice.  But if you can count the entire collective of Founders as one of those....

Ah, that's the problem. Star Wars: The Old Republic was set in the time before the Rule of Two was instituted by Darth Bane. In fact, you could with some justice claim that these times were the entire basis for the Rule of Two.

The ideal of the Sith was that some day the Sith'ari, a perfect being, would come into existence. Obviously all the followers of the Sith Code wanted to be it. It led to a massive chaos of plotting, backstabbing, manipulation and betrayal that more often than not caused the Sith to be their own worst foes. The Sith Emperor came very close but in the end his plans were undone by all the mad internecine treachery of his own followers.

In the aftermath of the fall of the Sith Empire, Darth Bane came into being. The last remnants of the Sith were busily wiping themselves out and the survivors mostly got hunted down by the Jedi. Darth Bane realised that in order to reach the goal of the Sith and achieve the state of Sith'ari, you didn't really need large numbers and that they in fact were a handicap. He instituted the Rule of Two, and it was large and by respected by his successors ever since.

But make no mistake: the Sith Empire had large numbers of Sith. Quite a few of them were actual Sith (the race, not the philosophy) and many carried actual Sith blood in their veins. In fact, HK-47 determined that 98% of the Empire's population had at least one Sith in their family trees, turning the returning Revan's plans to exterminate the Sith race (a very small portion of which remained full-blooded) into a genocide numbering in the trillions. Of these, the Force wielders all followed the Sith code. And some of them, to the dismay of many of the leading Sith, even avoided the temptations of the Dark Side. (It sounds weird, but it is true. The Sith were no more immune to the blandishments of the Light than the Jedi were immune to the temptations of the Dark. I personally suspect that another reason Darth Bane wanted the Rule of Two was to put an end to this Light nonsense upsetting their plots. Easier to control if it was only master and apprentice. And even that failed in the end when Sidious couldn't keep his apprentice from the Light...)

Sorry, but I'm not into the Expanded Universe.  To me, Star Wars is a series of movies.  I did read Timothy Zahn's trilogy, because I knew him from the Central Illinois Doctor Who Appreciation Society, and liked the idea of Leia  being Vader's heir instead of Luke, and Luke thinking of training Han and Leia's kids and being terrified of screwing them up like Kenobi screwed up Vader (simplifying things here), but to me books like that are just published fanfic, not "real" the way the movies are.

23 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Sorry, but I'm not into the Expanded Universe.  To me, Star Wars is a series of movies.  I did read Timothy Zahn's trilogy, because I knew him from the Central Illinois Doctor Who Appreciation Society, and liked the idea of Leia  being Vader's heir instead of Luke, and Luke thinking of training Han and Leia's kids and being terrified of screwing them up like Kenobi screwed up Vader (simplifying things here), but to me books like that are just published fanfic, not "real" the way the movies are.

Fair enough, and I'm not saying you have to be. But it sounded to me like you wanted to see a huge battle scene of Sith versus Jedi, and I tried to deliver. My apologies if it disappointed. :/

7 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

but to me books like that are just published fanfic, not "real" the way the movies are.

But there are those 3 fanfic movies.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

But there are those 3 fanfic movies.

I really do wonder how things would have turned out for the Star Wars franchise if Lucas released episode 1 first.

25 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I really do wonder how things would have turned out for the Star Wars franchise if Lucas released episode 1 first.

I wonder how things would have turned out if Lucas had released the franchise thirty years earlier with Bud Abbot and Lou Costello playing C-3P0 and R2-D2.

14 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Sorry, but I'm not into the Expanded Universe.  To me, Star Wars is a series of movies.

For me, it's a trilogy of movies. Which for some stupid reason are sometimes numbered 4, 5, and 6.

6 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

For me, it's a trilogy of movies. Which for some stupid reason are sometimes numbered 4, 5, and 6.

To borrow a phrase from Douglas Adams, it's an increasingly inaccurately named trilogy.  Rogue One is definitely a worthy addition to the series, and I'm inclined to let The Force Awakens count as long as they don't screw things up with the other two planned movies,

To be honest, I haven't really seen the prequels enough to have a strong opinion on them.  I'd kinda like to try the Machete Order and see if that really does salvage them, I just haven't had the time.

20 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Rogue One is definitely a worthy addition to the series

I've heard people say they were going to watch "Rogue One"'s sequel.  Meaning of course, A New Hope.

On 4/21/2017 at 9:39 PM, CritterKeeper said:

To be honest, I haven't really seen the prequels enough to have a strong opinion on them.  I'd kinda like to try the Machete Order and see if that really does salvage them, I just haven't had the time.

I think allot of people make the mistake of treating episodes 2 and 3 as individual movies, and not 1 continuous story.  Same with the matrix sequels. 

Though I will admit to finding the clone wars cartoon more satisfying then the prequels, though I do tend to skip Jar-Jar episodes on my DVDs. 

Someone once made a comment about not even knowing if Susan has a sex drive.  It occurred to me while re-reading that the vampire being able to mezmerize her in France is a pretty good sign she's got one, and that it includes men, given that Nanase was probably immune because she's not attracted to men.  Sure we've seen further evidence since then, but that might have been much earlier confirmation.

7 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

No, it was Sarah. And I thought that comment was rather rude.

In a way, but it was two friends having a frank discussion about a very personal situation.  Being less than honest could lead to a lot more problems.  She didn't say it in a condemning or belittling way, only that it was a factor she was considering.

7 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

No, it was Sarah. And I thought that comment was rather rude.

Sorry, I stand corrected, not certain how I typed the wrong name. 

26 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

In a way, but it was two friends having a frank discussion about a very personal situation.  Being less than honest could lead to a lot more problems.  She didn't say it in a condemning or belittling way, only that it was a factor she was considering.

True. Context is important. But it still comes across a little bit disturbing.

7 minutes ago, Sjmcc13 said:

Sorry, I stand corrected, not certain how I typed the wrong name. 

It happens. And just to make clear, I felt it was Sarah being rude, not you! o.o