• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Zorua

Things You Only Noticed On Reread

3 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Warren Zevon is an interesting and inspired choice.  He's best known for the werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand...

And needing Lawyer, Guns and Money.  He rocked hard.

I'm curious, was rereading the archives, at the end of Sister II when Pandora is talking to Adrian, the 4th panel somehow got be thinking that I had seen that look somewhere else in the comic. Reading ahead to the New and Old Flames arc and we see Elliot and Noah talking, and panel 6 looks really close.

PandoraNoah.png

Does anyone remember if there was any speculation if Noah was Pandora's son as well, or somehow related?

I know Noah had stated before that his parents were dead, but there must have been some wild theories about Noah being lied to or something like there had been wild theories about Noah being related to Grace or Tedd.

Now Noah is certainly not Pandora's son, she would have known if she gave birth to him. And she was certain that he isn't related to Adrian as we saw her refer to Noah as a "stray dog, not of our blood" but then we have it implied that magic users are descended from Immortals and the speculation that Adrian could have impregnated someone after all might leave the possibility open for Noah to have some immortal blood. Might explain how despite being a Seyunolu, Noah has a pretty good grasp on Magic.

We didn't know about Tedd being a wand-maker last time I re-read, but I noticed right away on re-reading the duel between Terra and Magus that Terra most definitely casts spells, possibly on a Nanase level.  Either she's not Tedd's alternate, or alternates can differ greatly in their abilities.

Hmm, perhaps she's from a universe without the scary magic-detection wand that traumatized Tedd, so she was never thought to be without magic.  But can Tedd ever learn to use any other type of magic besides wand-making?

3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

But can Tedd ever learn to use any other type of magic besides wand-making?

I'd say that since Tedd can see how magic works, anything he can see he can put in a wand and use. Ergo, not direct use of other magic, but diverse magic use via wand making.

8 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Hmm, perhaps she's from a universe without the scary magic-detection wand that traumatized Tedd, so she was never thought to be without magic.  But can Tedd ever learn to use any other type of magic besides wand-making?

It's also possible that Terra and Magus are from a universe where the WoM isn't a jerkface that changes the system from time to time. So Seers might not be a thing either, or if they are, they don't serve the same purpose. And it's possible Terra didn't get the right mix of ancestry.

On 9/12/2017 at 1:09 AM, CritterKeeper said:

We didn't know about Tedd being a wand-maker last time I re-read, but I noticed right away on re-reading the duel between Terra and Magus that Terra most definitely casts spells, possibly on a Nanase level.  Either she's not Tedd's alternate, or alternates can differ greatly in their abilities.

...but on the other hand, Magus isn't casting a spell directly himself; he's using some sort of item, which I've speculated for a while meant that perhaps Magus is similar to our universe's Tedd in that he can't cast spells directly.  What this means, I don't know; it could be that Magus is Tedd's alternate; it could be that in that universe, someone else became a seer instead; or it could mean that things are reversed such that alternates of seers are the only ones who can cast spells directly in that universe.

14 hours ago, chridd said:

...but on the other hand, Magus isn't casting a spell directly himself; he's using some sort of item, 

Yes, but we know he can cast a spell to amplify the emotions of others.  He wasn't using any item the times we've seen him do that.