• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Zorua

Things You Only Noticed On Reread

No so much a notice on reread but I was looking at over the questions that were submitted for the Q&A on patreon and someone had asked about Dan's choice of naming Tara and Andrea and whether or not he named them after the voice actors for MLP:FiM. Turns out the reason why Ashley thought Tara sounded like Raven from Teen Titans was in fact because Tara Strong voiced Raven as well as Twilight Sparkle, Andrea Libman voiced Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy.

Dan did seem to play it off as saying he considered many names for her, but liked Tara better. I don't think it was random coincidence though.

While in the Everglades, the guides told us that almost EVERYTHING preys on hatchling and juvenile alligators.  Almost as if the other aminals know that when these little lizards grow up, their roles will be completely reversed.

I wonder if Vampyres deliberately target POTENTIAL Vampyre Hunters for similar reasons?

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

While in the Everglades, the guides told us that almost EVERYTHING preys on hatchling and juvenile alligators.  Almost as if the other aminals know that when these little lizards grow up, their roles will be completely reversed.

I wonder if Vampyres deliberately target POTENTIAL Vampyre Hunters for similar reasons?

I wouldn't doubt that at all.

Susan believed that the France vampire was stupid in attacking her because it lead to her getting magic and killing it the next day. But even if it didn't attack her, there is still the possibility of her awakening later and hunting it down. Yeah the chance is low, but thinking like a vampire, if I let everyone that had the potential to "summon the bane" live, at least one of them would awaken and hunt me. Susan called the France vampire paranoid for that, but maybe that kind of behavior has become like a survival instinct?

You guys are going to laugh at me, but this is the first time I realized that everyone in this room looks female, except for Susan. Suddenly, I have a way deeper understanding of what Susan is feeling in panel 4, haha. I feel a bit stupid for not really realizing what it implied when everyone in the room is female and Susan decides to be the first person to go male. It's the important details that can be hard to notice but make EGS infinitely re-readable.

On this page, Dan is making use of some (basic) cinematography that I don't remember paying attention to the last few times I read it. (Panel 1 and 9 in particular)

I'm not sure why I feel the need to point it out (most of you are probably thinking "well, duh"), but it just kinda proves to me even further than Dan is an awesome storyteller. And knew how to use his panels even back in 2005 ^_^;

I am very happy, because I finally found the page where the fact that Elliot has girl versions in his head is addressed! I knew it existed, but had no idea it was a Sketchbook comic!

So yeah, this specific page (and its description) give a huge amount  of insight into Elliot's identity imo.

53 minutes ago, Maplestrip said:

I am very happy, because I finally found the page where the fact that Elliot has girl versions in his head is addressed! I knew it existed, but had no idea it was a Sketchbook comic!

So yeah, this specific page (and its description) give a huge amount  of insight into Elliot's identity imo.

I have been saying for quite a while that Tedd is gender fluid and Elliot (and by extension Ellen) are gender meh.  This explains why Ellen never seem to have problems with being female as much as she was having problems with not being Elliot.  Once you add in the fact that Elliot's and Ashley's first make out was with Elliot as a girl, that explains why Ellen is bisexual homoromantic.  They both are both bisexual1 but gynoromantic.  At this point I suspect that Ellen being short term gender swapped would not be that big of a mental crisis. Long term, of course would be due the Nanase factor.  This might well be the solution to the Nanase wants to have kids some day issue, with out needing to bring Elliot into the picture.  Just have Grace zap Ellen with MV1, which would do a simple female to male swap with no other changes, go on a two week vacation then zap back.  If asked, of course the answer would be IVF with Elliot as the sperm donor. That make for the least amount of both "technical/medical" issues and the least amount is squick factor.  It's even Tedd less.

1I would say that Elliot is gynosexual, but there is to much canon that he thinks Tedd is cute (and based on Ellen's statement about Tedd being sexy, it's possible he think of Tedd as sexy) of course that could be because Tedd is just that girly.

I know sexual attraction isn't necessary for conception, but it still seems rather icky to have to engage in things you physically don't enjoy.  That's why I generally picture Ellen being the one to carry a pregnancy -- she's bisexual, and while she calls herself homoromantic, I suspect that she'd find Manase emotionally fulfilling, too, just becau she'd know it's her true love in there.  Instead of Nanase having to close her eyes and think of England, Ellen and Manase could have some actual *fun* while creating offspring!

3 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I know sexual attraction isn't necessary for conception, but it still seems rather icky to have to engage in things you physically don't enjoy.  That's why I generally picture Ellen being the one to carry a pregnancy -- she's bisexual, and while she calls herself homoromantic, I suspect that she'd find Manase emotionally fulfilling, too, just becau she'd know it's her true love in there.  Instead of Nanase having to close her eyes and think of England, Ellen and Manase could have some actual *fun* while creating offspring!

That's also possible, and given the ( granted non canon) way that referee Ellen was looking at male Nanase in the soccer sketchbook series, that might work as well.  Down side of that is it would make it look like Tedd was the donor (given that Nanase doesn't have a brother and Tedd is the closest male relative) and the child is going to look like he or she has genes from Nanase's family, that might be an issue.

Besides, Nanase can't be all that grossed out with making out with "Elliot", she has done it in the recent (by comic time) past.

52 minutes ago, Maplestrip said:

I don't know if I'd call that "addressed". It's both shown and specifically pointed out, but really nothing is done with it.

By the way, it's also part of a comic page from the "Elliot is gay according to some idiot" arc.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

1I would say that Elliot is gynosexual, but there is to much canon that he thinks Tedd is cute (and based on Ellen's statement about Tedd being sexy, it's possible he think of Tedd as sexy) of course that could be because Tedd is just that girly.

You know, for a while, I thought the bit where Ellen states that Elliot thought Tedd was cute referred to the part where Tedd took off his glasses to prove that the V5 form made a person bisexual, but thinking about it, it could also refer to when Elliot first met Tedd. I know later on after Elliot met Noah, Ellen referred to him as "third grade Tedd awkward" which kinda contradicted the flashback panel of when Elliot rescued Tedd from Tony (4th grade), but it's possibly Elliot had seen Tedd around for a while and had assumed Tedd was a girl. Elliot did hint at the fact that he and Tony used to be friends until something happened, it's likely Tony had been harrassing Tedd for some time and Elliot finally couldn't stand see that happen so he step up to Tedd's defense. Yeah that last link has Elliot say that it was before he and Tedd met, but Elliot was likely just trying to avoid stating that it was about Tedd. He'd done it before with Justin, during "lunchtable revelations" he mentions fighting a bunch of bullies picking on someone outside of school, and when asked who that someone was, he said they wouldn't know him, even though Susan, Sarah and Tedd had already met Justin.

8 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I don't think Nanase would have much of a problem with it, she's been with Ellen for some time now, and probably for a while more before they actually decide to have a family together, the mental bonds would likely be strong enough for Nanase to be "Yes, Ellen is a guy right now, but she's still Ellen and I love her and I want to have a baby." I'd say if anything the question would be if Ellen had overcome her feeling uncomfortable with ever being a guy again. Of course, maybe there's a middle ground here, keep Ellen's overall form the same, just give her the dangly man bits?

If neither of them really wants to have sex with their partner transformed to male, then they can always just collect the sperm sample and do artificial insemination.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

Of course, maybe there's a middle ground here, keep Ellen's overall form the same, just give her the dangly man bits?

Somehow, I'm not sure Dan is gonna cover "would Nanase be happy with copulating with Ellen with the latter as a virile futanari" in the present Q&A, or the predictable future...

Just now, HarJIT said:

Somehow, I'm not sure Dan is gonna cover "would Nanase be happy with copulating with Ellen with the latter as a virile futanari" in the present Q&A, or the predictable future...

We just have to make sure every single EGS fan asks the same question. It will definitely work! ^ _ ^

But he probably won't be able to fit it in this Q&A session, no ;)

Noah thinks he can knight people.  Humans with high magic are royalty on the flip side of the world which would make him a prince, and therefore able to knight some one.  We don't know where Noah came from.  That makes it possible that he is from the griffin's side of the world.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

Noah thinks he can knight people.  Humans with high magic are royalty on the flip side of the world which would make him a prince, and therefore able to knight some one.  We don't know where Noah came from.  That makes it possible that he is from the griffin's side of the world.

The question is though, did his parents bring him over to this half? or did one parent come over, and mate with one from this side. Noah is Seyunolu after all and as far as we know, which I'll admit is still very little, Uryuoms likely don't exist on the griffins side. And then there's still the question of how Damien fits.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:51 PM, mlooney said:

That's also possible, and given the ( granted non canon) way that referee Ellen was looking at male Nanase in the soccer sketchbook series, that might work as well.  Down side of that is it would make it look like Tedd was the donor (given that Nanase doesn't have a brother and Tedd is the closest male relative) and the child is going to look like he or she has genes from Nanase's family, that might be an issue.

Why?  How often have you looked at a kid, thought (s)he had the wrong genetic looks, and asked about it?  It's not something that comes up a lot and "None of your business" (or "How dare you") makes a perfectly socially acceptable answer for anyone who isn't so close you could trust them with the truth.

8 hours ago, malloyd said:

Why?  How often have you looked at a kid, thought (s)he had the wrong genetic looks, and asked about it?  It's not something that comes up a lot and "None of your business" (or "How dare you") makes a perfectly socially acceptable answer for anyone who isn't so close you could trust them with the truth.

Well, given that Ellen is white and Nanase is Japanese, it would be more obvious than normal.  I believe the in universe canon thing would be "Awkward question?"

Considering how Tedd and Nanase look so much alike , there isn't really anything that stands out for Tedd that says "I'm Edward's son", it's possible that Noriko and Mama Kitsune's family line has some pretty strong genetics which is probably how their magic is passed down from generation to generation so Noriko's genes could likely be more dominant than Edwards at least in terms of appearance, Edward's genetics and Noriko's in terms of magic potential are likely a different story.

So as far as an answer to the question of looks? "That's apparently just how it is with my family"