• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Zorua

Things You Only Noticed On Reread

3 hours ago, exterminator said:

Here. Magus talking about his plan with Sirleck. The first times I read the three last panels as Sirleck finally being tempted with the promise of a powerful wizard being in debt with him. Now I realise Magus is anonymous, no one in that universe would miss him, and is a powerful wizard, making him the perfect next host for Sirleck, and making him interested in getting Magus a new body. It's so damn obvious now that I think about it that I feel stupid for not realising sooner.

Yeah, that was the general idea of why Sirleck agreed to help Magus again, but now that he knows about Adrian....

Problem is that a significant portion of what Sirleck knows about Adrian is wrong.

This makes me think.  Does Magus really not know that Pandora is Adrian's mother?  I doubt that because before she set him adrift, she revealed her full name to Magus.  And Raven is not a particularly common family name.

Could Magus be tricking Sirleck into attacking Adrian to teach Pandora a lesson the way she used Abraham to teach Adrian a lesson?

Edit Oops. It was Voltaire, the Kentucky Fried Immortal, who gave Sirleck the incorrect info through Abner. Maybe Magus isn't that devious.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Relevant detail added

14 hours ago, ijuin said:

The huge jump in Grace's genre savvyness happened over the nearly-six-month time skip, so we can assume that she was gradually learning throughout it, which makes it much less jarring.

We also saw many times where she was being taught about this stuff (Playing video games with Tedd, working at the comic shop, watching Star Wars, going to school, etc etc). It's not that big a jump, really, when taken into account who her friends are and where she works, even if you remove the 6 month time skip (though that certainly helps).

14 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

This makes me think.  Does Magus really not know that Pandora is Adrian's mother?  I doubt that because before she set him adrift, she revealed her full name to Magus.  And Raven is not a particularly common family name.

Magus knows, Pandora herself told him that she wanted him to kill Abraham because he hurt her son.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

Magus knows, Pandora herself told him that she wanted him to kill Abraham because he hurt her son.

Yeah, I miss remembered who gave Sirleck the info about Adrian.  Realized my mistake moments after I hit "Submit"

But there is still a valid question there.  Abner was clearly just a tool for Stephen Voltert.  Does this immortal not possess the right information about Adrian, or is he leading Sirleck on a wild goose chase?

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Yeah, I miss remembered who gave Sirleck the info about Adrian.  Realized my mistake moments after I hit "Submit"

But there is still a valid question there.  Abner was clearly just a tool for Stephen Voltert.  Does this immortal not possess the right information about Adrian, or is he leading Sirleck on a wild goose chase?

Considering he's a lying liar who intentionally misled Tara into believing Elliot had done something to Andrea, it's safe to assume he's intentionally misleading Sirleck into believing Adrian is related to Helena or Demetrius. I'm wondering if it's a potential diversion tactic for keeping Pandora from finding Voltaire. And I'm also wondering if Voltaire is aware that a system change may happen soon and wants to make sure it does happen.

I wasn't exactly re-reading, but recent discussion of the Dewitchery Diamond made me realize that when, someday, we eventually met Kaoli, she is going to have the power to alter the skin, hair and/or fur colors of others, as well as alter their ages.

6 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I wasn't exactly re-reading, but recent discussion of the Dewitchery Diamond made me realize that when, someday, we eventually met Kaoli, she is going to have the power to alter the skin, hair and/or fur colors of others, as well as alter their ages.

Doesn't the TFG already allow that? Eh, who am I kidding, Tedd already has 4 ways of changing into a girl and is working on more, so yay for redundancy? ;)

This is more to do with commentary than the actual comic. But on the page where "DGB" is established. Dan makes a note to himself to reference that comic in a future commentary. Now I could be wrong but I've checked a number of comics that could reference Edward's involvement with Grace and the only one that I can find that clearly shows it would be when Dr. Sciuridae was telling the truth about Grace. Of course it may also be the point when Dr. Sciuridae tells Grace that he and Edward agreed that Grace could stay at the Verres residence, but that agreement didn't happen until after Grace showed up, also Dan hasn't done any new commentaries past here so I don't know if he's forgotten about his reminder or not.

Reading through Grace's birthday party, got to the point where Justin's telling Susan about how Elliot rescued him and such, when he mentions being introduced to Nanase, Rhoda is very obvious in the panel, but what isn't as obvious, is Diane and Lucy in the background with a guy going through his wallet. Also there's no band around Diane's right arm which further confirms that those have to be henna based and not permanent. Back to Rhoda though, she must not be part of Diane's group at that point.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Reading through Grace's birthday party, got to the point where Justin's telling Susan about how Elliot rescued him and such, when he mentions being introduced to Nanase, Rhoda is very obvious in the panel, but what isn't as obvious, is Diane and Lucy in the background with a guy going through his wallet. Also there's no band around Diane's right arm which further confirms that those have to be henna based and not permanent. Back to Rhoda though, she must not be part of Diane's group at that point.

Alternative 1: considering Diane is so far in the background, Dan just didn't draw her in that much detail.

Alternative 2: they're permanent, but at the time of the flashback panel she hadn't gotten them yet.

Alternative 3 (conditional): if Diane hadn't had many appearances in the comic, her design might not have been finalized yet.

I'd say we don't know whether Diane's armbands are permanent or not.

7 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Alternative 2: they're permanent, but at the time of the flashback panel she hadn't gotten them yet.

There's a page earlier of more Justin flashbackery that shows Diane with a band on her arm which was clearly during the initial period that Justin was outed, the panel with Nanase later was post rescue. Also note that it's a single band in that flashback and when we see her the day Ellen and Grace first go to school, Diane has 2 bands, and more recently during the So a Date story, Diane doesn't appear to have any, and I remember saying before when this came up, if she did still have the bands, that t-shirt sleeve might cover one band, but not both.

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

There's a page earlier of more Justin flashbackery that shows Diane with a band on her arm which was clearly during the initial period that Justin was outed, the panel with Nanase later was post rescue. Also note that it's a single band in that flashback and when we see her the day Ellen and Grace first go to school, Diane has 2 bands, and more recently during the So a Date story, Diane doesn't appear to have any, and I remember saying before when this came up, if she did still have the bands, that t-shirt sleeve might cover one band, but not both.

I think it would be logical for Diane to have a band on each arm. In the earlier days especially. The question is, which bands? I mean, boybands obviously, but given the time the story has stretched across by now, we have a rather wide selection. I could see N Sync hanging on her left arm and maybe the Backstreet Boys on the right. A-Ha is probably getting too old for her tastes, though. And Duran Duran? Oy.

Not Justin Bieber, though. For one thing, he is a solo performer, not a band. Also he is so narcissistic that Diane wouldn't be able to stand him.

20 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

I think it would be logical for Diane to have a band on each arm. In the earlier days especially. The question is, which bands? I mean, boybands obviously, but given the time the story has stretched across by now, we have a rather wide selection. I could see N Sync hanging on her left arm and maybe the Backstreet Boys on the right. A-Ha is probably getting too old for her tastes, though. And Duran Duran? Oy.

I never really considered A-Ha a boy band, more like a one hit wonder, at least in North America, and Duran Duran is a 2 man crew. I think actual "Boy Bands" started with New Kids on the Block, but precursors to them would have been groups like the Jackson Five, The Osmonds, The Monkees and possibly even The Beatles, they just weren't called "Boy Bands" back then.

Edit: Sorry, Duran Duran isn't a 2 man crew, though it has gone through several roster changes over the years.

9 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I think it would be logical for Diane to have a band on each arm. In the earlier days especially. The question is, which bands? I mean, boybands obviously, but given the time the story has stretched across by now, we have a rather wide selection.

Menudo.
That's Spanish for Haggis.

8 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Haggis, Menudo, Head Cheese, Leverpostej, Foie Gras, Chitterlings, Hot Dogs.

It's all awful offal.

You're just sore because your goulash based on crocodile intestines never caught the attention of the general market.

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

You're just sore because your goulash based on crocodile intestines never caught the attention of the general market.

But if you used Iguana intestines...

...you still wouldn't have gotten anywhere.

14 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

You guys are doing that thing where you make me feel young and old at the same time again.  Duran Duran, a boy band?

14 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Not Justin Bieber, though. For one thing, he is a solo performer, not a band. Also he is so narcissistic that Diane wouldn't be able to stand him.

He's not a boy band, he's just a boy.

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Well, sure, the generals know that an army marches on its stomach, they have to get foods the troops will eat and be nourished by.