• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Zorua

Things You Only Noticed On Reread

45 minutes ago, mlooney said:

/me sighs.  Doesn't bother with the list, know every one is in it.

/me glares.

/me waggles finger at mlooney for slacking off.

/me takes the List from mlooney, adds several marks.

/me gets out the gold star stickers and puts a couple on.

/me puts the List back in mlooney's hands.

18 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

/me waggles finger at mlooney for slacking off.

/me takes the List from mlooney, adds several marks.

/me gets out the gold star stickers and puts a couple on.

/me puts the List back in mlooney's hands.

Everybody gets a gold star!!

Not exactly on reread, but...

If Sirleck is able to contact a bunch of aberrations and persuade them to come to Moperville, why can't DGB use the same methods to track them down?

4 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Good to see she's armed with googly-eyes full-time now, considering how well they worked in combat before!

Max' response to what was in Syd's utility belt was, pardon the expression, golden.

My evil twin /me adds mlooney to the list, with elder sign, just because of the dishwasher.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Max' response to what was in Syd's utility belt was, pardon the expression, golden.

I'm just waiting for the first time Sydney tries to put a gold star on Max's wrist communicator.

C'mon, you know it's inevitable now.  Only question is whether she'll sneak it on, or try to do it openly.  And, I suppose, how many other team members will be sporting gold stars by then....

22 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Not exactly on reread, but...

If Sirleck is able to contact a bunch of aberrations and persuade them to come to Moperville, why can't DGB use the same methods to track them down?

We have no idea what Sirleck did to contact those guys. It could be anything from highly encrypted messages to sacrificing virgin men and women to power a spell to locate aberrations.

For the sake of argument, if we assumed Sirleck used the former, DGB will need to decrypt the messages, which depending on it's sophistication, could take a while. If we assumed Sirleck did the latter, you know why DGB can't use it. But this is still moot since we don't know Sirleck's method to contact these guys.

38 minutes ago, rhjason said:

I think the two things I'm still waiting for explanations on is this and which immortal told Noah about Grace (note we have not had it been established yet either) because I feel like it may be relevant to the current (Catspaws) arc.

Huh, it didn't occur to me that it might have been an Immortal that told Noah about Grace, actually, Noah said "All THEY told us..." meaning more that one person or Immortal broke the news to Noah. Could Helena and Demetrius been involved there?

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Could Helena and Demetrius been involved there?

They don't appear until after Damien is killed, and The Shive has admitted he had a quite different plot in mind when he began that arc. If The Shive brings up that question, I think the answer will be that they hadn't started watching Elliot.

7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

They don't appear until after Damien is killed, and The Shive has admitted he had a quite different plot in mind when he began that arc. If The Shive brings up that question, I think the answer will be that they hadn't started watching Elliot.

Pandora hadn't been introduced until after Grace's Birthday (and after Helena and Demetrius were) and she's become an important character in the comic. And for every appearance Helena and Demetrius has made, it's been related to their forgotten mission to keep watch over Elliot which they admitted was likely something they decided to do before their reset which would be the simplest explaination, but then you add stuff like Magus trying to get Ellen to zap Elliot, the fact that Helena and Demetrius awakened Nanase and marked Susan (and they couldn't remember why they were in France to begin with), and now they interfered with Voltaire's plans, Helena and Demetrius' role in all this seems a lot more complex.

So, Elliot didn't know that Dunkel was German for Dark, and only vaguely guessed that his ancestors were european, meanwhile Ellen in her second life dreams, attended what appeared to be an Oktoberfest event where she's dressed in a dirndl, so I'm wondering if alt-Ellen's family was more into family history than prime-Elliot's family. I do get that Oktoberfest isn't a german only event these days, my brother will be attending one in a few weeks and our family is mainly scottish/english/french, but his lady friend is from a german family and is planning to dress up for it so that means my brother is looking for lederhosen. Still, in alt-Ellen's case it could go either way but I don't want to consider it a coincidence too easily.

19 minutes ago, Scotty said:

So, Elliot didn't know that Dunkel was German for Dark, and only vaguely guessed that his ancestors were european, meanwhile Ellen in her second life dreams, attended what appeared to be an Oktoberfest event where she's dressed in a dirndl, so I'm wondering if alt-Ellen's family was more into family history than prime-Elliot's family. I do get that Oktoberfest isn't a german only event these days, my brother will be attending one in a few weeks and our family is mainly scottish/english/french, but his lady friend is from a german family and is planning to dress up for it so that means my brother is looking for lederhosen. Still, in alt-Ellen's case it could go either way but I don't want to consider it a coincidence too easily.

There's a lot we don't know about Ellen's second life.  For all we know Oktoberfest has been a widespread American custom for centuries there. 

But yeah, there is a lot of potential for Ellen to know stuff Elliot does not (outside of music, which is already confirmed).  I still think the most likely one would be languages - when aliens who can teach languages in a couple seconds have been an open part of society for two centuries, language classes will be *different*.  There's at least one good joke to be had in the cast discovering Ellen speaks a dozen languages (apparently not including Japanese, though Nanase could still be startled to discover she's fluent in French....).  I think the other good joke based on world differences would be some understanding of magic theory (e.g. Tedd exposits on his latest discovery. Oh yeah, that's one of those Nuzquora's equations things we learned in 10th grade science right?  No wait that was the other you....)