• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Friday September 16, 2016

So this is out now.

I just made my account and had already finished every single comic there was 2 weeks ago in 4 days.

All i can say is Edward just looks really annoyed and not at all surprised in the last panel. He's like, "Really dude, why did you have to interrupt me."

Reread Edit: WAIT A MINUTE! Sir Edward...????

Knowing, intellectually, that one or more Immortals could be watching you and listening to you at any time, is one thing, but you don't really grok it until something like this happens.  Or one showing up in your bedroom....

1 minute ago, Hunendora said:

Mr Verres, who looks a bit annoyed. Probably at his exposition getting interrupted.

Exactly what I said in my thread made at the literal same time as this one. 

19 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

you don't really grok it until something like this happens

You have exposed yourself as an Original Series Trekkie.

Beyond the satisfaction of showing off how brilliant he is (and picking the name of a French Mr. Smartypants tells us he's very proud of his cleverness) I don't see what he plans to accomplish here.

2 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Beyond the satisfaction of showing off how brilliant he is (and picking the name of a French Mr. Smartypants tells us he's very proud of his cleverness) I don't see what he plans to accomplish here.

Grok means to understand so thoroughly that the observer becomes a part of the observed—to merge, blend, intermarry, lose identity in group experience. It means almost everything that we mean by religion, philosophy, and science—and it means as little to us (because we are from Earth) as color means to a blind man.

grok (grŏk) tr.v. grok·ked, grok·king, groks
To understand intimately and completely in a worldview transforming way.

Oookay then http://grokcode.com/95/definition-and-origin-of-grok/

11 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

If he's really lucky (from his perspective) someone will overreact and attack him, allowing him to respond and kill everyone.

Beyond that, we already weren't sure what he was trying to accomplish in the first place, so this is just another indication that we don't really know what's going on in his head.

I was expecting Pandora or Les Immortels to intrude on Edward's war council.

If the Cheshire Fried Colonel believed that Dame Tara could not harm him, I doubt he feels intimidated by anyone in the current peanut gallery.

Although it potentially could be equivalent to an armed person shouting threats as they enter a doughnut shop.

3 hours ago, inqntrol said:

He has lots of guts to show up in front of the person he has tried to kill. This probably has to do with plan CM.

Well, being an immortal that can at will vanish to another plane of existence is the kind of thing that probably makes you pretty brave.

Panel 1: A plan. To deal with a creature that can't be seen. That, as far as they know, could have up to two centuries of experience. That has incredible magical power. You have a plan for that.

Well, it is Tedd's dad. Let's hear it.

Panel 2: Eh? ...does this mean no exposition?

Panel 3: VOLTAIRE!

You weren't the one to deal with Dex. Dex was handled by Pandora (the pithos amulet was a big clue). What's your angle? We know you're a lying liar who lies. What are you playing at?

[Edit] Then again, I'm not entirely sure we do know who set Dex up. Maybe Pandora did the marking--it fits her MO--but the amulet mind-control thing could've been Voltaire trying to frame her or something. I'm not entirely sure. I might need to reread that arc. [/Edit]

Edward is not amused. He was ready to go into so much exposition. He had charts ready and everything.

I'd describe Elliot's reaction as... nonplussed, is the first word that comes to mind. It's the eyebrows, really. Everyone else is shocked or angry. Elliot is nonplussed.

4 hours ago, TehEpicDuckeh said:

Not really and while you posted this i just made my own... whatever though. if you wanna see my opinion click my thread.

The Moderator: I merged your thread into this one. This is standard policy whenever there is posted more than one thread for the same story comic.

~tOH.

So, is he here merely to gloat and taunt our heroes, or perhaps he is going to throw them a big ol' Red Herring to keep them distracted while the rest of Plan CM is being set up?

EGS really needs these kinds of wow moments.

I hope the next comic is just as wow: Pandora appears in evil little form screeching "HOW DARE YOU???" And then there's a big immortal fight.

I doubt it will happen. But I know I would enjoy it.

So, it's looking more probable that Pandora was being framed with the pithos amulet, but I'm puzzled about why anyone wants Elliot dead. Tedd, I can understand. Susan, I can understand. Grace, I can understand. Even the meddling teenagers, I can understand. Why Elliot?