• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Friday September 16, 2016

Killing SOMEONE in full view of a busy road might reveal magic to the masses. And Dex' "For the Greater Good" and "Bring An Apocalypse" fit Pandora's motivations better than someone fighting Pandora.

I stand by my "Voltaire is lying, plan CM continues" theory.

3 hours ago, FolksyFox said:

This is getting interesting. I suppose Voltaire and Pandora are supposed to respectively represent Order and Chaos. Volty wanting to preserve the status quo by any means necessary and Pandora simply doing this out of love for her son/wanting to give him a better world to participate in. Which, I assume, Voltaire doesn't exactly know all of her motives. That would've required him to constantly be keeping tabs on Pandora, and if he could do that, I think he would've guided our main cast to her much sooner. It was only after she'd been running around marking people (I'm pretty sure she marked Dex first and then Justin and the others) that it seems that he got involved.

Voltaire is psychopath and his idea of order might have little to do with real order. If he wants to keep magic secret he's very bad at it.

3 hours ago, FolksyFox said:

Also, I'm pretty sure Elliot isn't Pandora's important pawn, since he had the Cheerleadra spell WAY before Pandora started getting heavily involved in the matter. I don't actually know if she has any, really. From the main cast, the character/s most LIKELY to be her 'pawn/s' are Diane and Susan, considering this arc's title and focus on their relationship....OR Sarah.

Pandora started getting heavily involved two years ago when Magus appeared, if not sooner.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Elliot (by first fireball), Dex, Noah, Greg, possibly Grace (although she's fire resistant) ... I count 5 ... hmmm ...

Grace might be fire proof, but she might not have survived the concussive force of the explosion, just like she wouldn't have survived Damien's self destruction if it wasn't for Nioi's intervention.

That's why I said possibly. Fire resistance would raise her chances, but hard to say how much. I think Damien's self destruction was bigger explosion, however.

35 minutes ago, Hariman said:

Killing SOMEONE in full view of a busy road might reveal magic to the masses. And Dex' "For the Greater Good" and "Bring An Apocalypse" fit Pandora's motivations better than someone fighting Pandora.

Voltaire motivation is not keeping magic secret, he is against Pandora for some other reason. The fight with Griffin was not exactly helping keeping magic secret either. And Pandora might sacrifice few people, but NOT Elliot, Grace or Noah. In fact, her help was necessary for Nanase to save Ellen, and her motivation for that save might've been simply to protect Adrian's students. Grace and Noah are family and Elliot is Tedd's ... something which is important enough for her to want revenge against Voltaire.

35 minutes ago, Hariman said:

I stand by my "Voltaire is lying, plan CM continues" theory.

There is always the possibility it was some THIRD immortal doing that. :) And I don't mean Jerry.

On 9/19/2016 at 0:03 AM, hkmaly said:

Voltaire is psychopath and his idea of order might have little to do with real order. If he wants to keep magic secret he's very bad at it.

This was just based on a guess of mine, really. Though honestly we know very little about Voltaire. He desires to 'make this world a better place' but how? He's definitely much more evil than Pandora, just looking at his track record. We have no idea if he's as old and unstable as Pandora, or naturally reset like her, etc. Usually things go like this; Good vs Evil, Order vs Chaos, Man vs Nature, etc.

It could be an entirely wrong assumption on my part of Voltaire's character, given that we know so little about him.

Also, we know more about Pandora's plans than his. What exactly he hoped to accomplish by murdering Elliot has yet to be revealed.

AS FOR MAGUS;

We have no clue if her involvement with Magus went any further beyond the spiritual plane and a series of advice and guidance. We have no idea if she's been empowering and guiding all along, although with Magus' ability to 'Amplify' emotions, I heavily suspect he was totally guided to Tedd DURING the creation of Ellen, considering Tedd has never had another outburst of anger like that anymore, and Ellen/Elliot was the start of the Sister titles/series.

And they're on the cover, but we have NO indication that those series of events are connected to Pandora's recent actions of trying to upset the balance of magic. Diane and Susan are as well, though I suspect more H&D manipulating things for those two, especially given their hatred of aberrations.

'Pawn of Chaos' I think more and more is Sarah. NONE of the main cast (or villains) would ever suspect /her/ being the one chosen to mess with things, and she's still notably absent from the present gathering. Given that Justin and Susan have jobs and Diane hasn't yet been introduced to the full main cast (and Ashley is too sugary sweet bubblegum pop good to pry)

34 minutes ago, FolksyFox said:

He desires to 'make this world a better place' but how?

Maybe by forcing magic reset? Or he just thinks world will be better without Pandora.

36 minutes ago, FolksyFox said:

We have no clue if her involvement with Magus went any further beyond the spiritual plane and a series of advice and guidance. We have no idea if she's been empowering and guiding all along, although with Magus' ability to 'Amplify' emotions, I heavily suspect he was totally guided to Tedd DURING the creation of Ellen, considering Tedd has never had another outburst of anger like that anymore, and Ellen/Elliot was the start of the Sister titles/series.

There was also minor loss of memory afterwards. It totally matches Magus modus operandi.

Based on what she said to Adrian after Sister II, it's likely she planed whole Sister II when she started helping Magus just to give her son chance to fight. She helped Magus BECAUSE creating Ellen will wake Abraham and make him go to school and fight Adrian ...

And There is far more magic energy in this part of the world than there should be. There has been for much of your life sounds like she started clogging the magic at least 10 years ago. Possibly 14 ...

48 minutes ago, FolksyFox said:

'Pawn of Chaos' I think more and more is Sarah. NONE of the main cast (or villains) would ever suspect /her/ being the one chosen to mess with things, and she's still notably absent from the present gathering.

Well, she is, but she started to be only TODAY (in EGS time I mean). But, note that it doesn't prove noone else is pawn of Chaos.