• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Friday August 4, 2017

It's not letting me edit my post properly...

I can see how it could be problematic to assume someone is comfortable with the term, that's fair. I generally dislike being referred to as a daughter/granddaughter (as a nonbinary genderfluid person). In Tedd's case, I don't think that's an issue (at least not as she currently is, character-wise... she seems to enjoy acknowledgement as female at least some of the time).

One or two more pages, then the shot of Edward on the stairs, just out of sight, a tear in his eye as he realizes for the first time how important genderfluidity and acknowledgement are to Tedd.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

One or two more pages, then the shot of Edward on the stairs, just out of sight, a tear in his eye as he realizes for the first time how important genderfluidity and acknowledgement are to Tedd.

That would be nice.

8 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

It would like some kind of After School Special version of EGS!  Actually, if After School Specials has been more like EGS I would have watched the heck out of them. :tg-gun-mf:

Well, the past couple Friday's I've sworn there'd be a scene change because the comic felt like it was at a good end to the chapter. Today's though definitely feels like it's going to continue the scene on Monday as there's no doubt that we need to see Pandora's response to that.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Well, the past couple Friday's I've sworn there'd be a scene change because the comic felt like it was at a good end to the chapter. Today's though definitely feels like it's going to continue the scene on Monday as there's no doubt that we need to see Pandora's response to that.

Granted scene change at this point would be cruel, and I don't THINK Dan would do that.  But what if...

13 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

We could also have Edward enter the scene, not interrupting Pandora's reaction (which I assume will be positive and maybe lead to hugs), but will we have the wonderful scene describe above by CritterKeeper, or will we have an overly protective Edward realizing his son is being "advised and empowered" by an Immortal, and wouldn't it be awkward if he found out who she was (either finding out she's Adrian's mother or she's the Immortal who appears as a little girl).  And Tedd in the middle...

Stay tuned for the next episode, kiddos, same Bat- er, I mean same Squirrel-Channel, same Squirrel-Time!

Okay, perhaps not.  Honestly, I hope Edward doesn't come down right now.  Tedd, so desperate for a mother-figure, latching onto Pandora as a substitute, is too serious in some ways to degenerate into over-the-top drama.  I am not sure what the best path is from this, but at the least I know Pandora wouldn't reject Tedd because of fragile he is (and maybe also because of some of her own maternal instincts).  Still, what kind of relationship could they have; scenarios like the one with Tedd's father are somewhat plausible, so I don't see Tedd introducing his great fairy godmother to his father.  And I don't think Adrian would react well to Pandora being an active participant in Tedd's life.  Sheesh...

Tedd and/or Tess has always been cute when refusing to let her fear of disapproval stop him/her, but (s)he's even cuter when she feels hope that this time there might not be any disapproval.

21 minutes ago, Tuscahoma said:

We could also have Edward enter the scene, not interrupting Pandora's reaction (which I assume will be positive and maybe lead to hugs), but will we have the wonderful scene describe above by CritterKeeper, or will we have an overly protective Edward realizing his son is being "advised and empowered" by an Immortal, and wouldn't it be awkward if he found out who she was (either finding out she's Adrian's mother or she's the Immortal who appears as a little girl).  And Tedd in the middle...

While I would be on board for Edward walking in on them as I don't want Tedd to continue hiding how she feels about Edward's reactions to her genderfluidity. I don't think that would happen after Dan had just gone through the trouble of adding an extra page to show us that Edward and Grace are still sleeping soundly.

Keep in mind that Pandora's going to be talking to Adrian on Saturday, she's got all of Friday to deal with other things, she's got to have planned on chatting with several people throughout the day.

Also, I did some colouring:

Teddfv5.png

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Keep in mind that Pandora's going to be talking to Adrian on Saturday

Keep in mind that this is Friday in Moperville, or V-Day, as in Vampires and Voltaire. Pandora or Adrian may not be available on Saturday. I think I may have pointed that out a time or two.

5 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Keep in mind that this is Friday in Moperville, or V-Day, as in Vampires and Voltaire. Pandora or Adrian may not be available on Saturday. I think I may have pointed that out a time or two.

I know, but Pandora doesn't know that, sure there's no guarantee that she'll be able to get everything she wants to do done, she'd still have it planned out though. And I gotta wonder who she'll see next.

Just now, The Old Hack said:

Moperville may not be available on Saturday. :danshiftyeyes:

There's a sad reaction that I want to press for that, but I'm not sure if that will affect your reputation or not.

17 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Moperville may not be available on Saturday. :danshiftyeyes:

Vampocolype... Immortals Going Boom ... Grace using TK for the TKO... Tedd becoming Protector Tedd...Rest of the Moperville Scoobies Going All Out... Half-Immortal and Young Ward Mixing it up... Edward Verres and DGB bringing out the big guns... Gee, all we would now would be Noriko and her child apprentice to come on the scene, on the trail of some Aberration Mercenaries, and then turning out Mrs. Kitsune has been training in secret...

Wow, this is bigger than I thought until I started reviewing the playbill.  Moperville might not be available for a long time.

17 minutes ago, Tuscahoma said:

Vampocolype... Immortals Going Boom ... Grace using TK for the TKO... Tedd becoming Protector Tedd...Rest of the Moperville Scoobies Going All Out... Half-Immortal and Young Ward Mixing it up... Edward Verres and DGB bringing out the big guns... Gee, all we would now would be Noriko and her child apprentice to come on the scene, on the trail of some Aberration Mercenaries, and then turning out Mrs. Kitsune has been training in secret...

Wow, this is bigger than I thought until I started reviewing the playbill.  Moperville might not be available for a long time.

"You are now entering Craterville." :icon_eek:

Tedd telling about what happened to Grace:

"You wouldn't believe what happened! My Grand-Godmother is ok with me being girl! Also, apparently I'm seer but that's not so important."

18 hours ago, JainaEgo said:

It's not letting me edit my post properly...

Try this bookmarklet . Assuming it survives posting.

14 hours ago, mlooney said:
16 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

That would be nice.

Sounds too nice to actually happen. Sigh.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I don't think that would happen after Dan had just gone through the trouble of adding an extra page to show us that Edward and Grace are still sleeping soundly.

Yes. Unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

Vampocolype... Immortals Going Boom ... Grace using TK for the TKO... Tedd becoming Protector Tedd

... someone calling him Lord Protector and Tedd shivering ...

Rest of the Moperville Scoobies Going All Out... Half-Immortal and Young Ward Mixing it up... Edward Verres and DGB bringing out the big guns.

Big WANDS. I mean staffs.

Gee, all we would now would be Noriko and her child apprentice to come on the scene, on the trail of some Aberration Mercenaries, and then turning out Mrs. Kitsune has been training in secret...

... Noriko and Mrs. Kitsune fighting back to back, Edward pointing it out, those two looking at each other and jumping away, as it turns out they were not aware of each other ...

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:
2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

"You are now entering Craterville." :icon_eek:

Think of it as Extreme Urban Renewal.

Extreme Urban Renewal will be what happens afterwards if someone decides to rebuild the city.