• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
CritterKeeper

Story Tuesday May 17, 2016

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2236

So, I had noticed that the NP story "Question Mark" had been added to the menu for main story comics, but I guess I'd just assumed it was a link to the regular NP pages.  Turns out, it's been copied into the regular Story comics section, four to a page, and there are brand new commentaries with each page.  

They're all dated Tuesday May 17, 2016, which puts them, not immediately after "Squirrel Prophet" when they take place, but after the end of "So A Date At The Mall."

I thought that, since I'd missed that fact, others likely have too, plus the new commentaries deserve a place to discuss them.

7 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

So, I had noticed that the NP story "Question Mark" had been added to the menu for main story comics, but I guess I'd just assumed it was a link to the regular NP pages.  Turns out, it's been copied into the regular Story comics section, four to a page, and there are brand new commentaries with each page.  

They're all dated Tuesday May 17, 2016, which puts them, not immediately after "Squirrel Prophet" when they take place, but after the end of "So A Date At The Mall."

I thought that, since I'd missed that fact, others likely have too, plus the new commentaries deserve a place to discuss them.

Is it bad that I originally thought you necroed a post from May? Then I was like "wait, there's been no replies to this, is this a new thread?" Sorry, I just woke up, lol.

The thing about the Question Mark NP, is it spans the whole day from just after Sarah waking up to when she goes to bed. So the stuff with Sarah trying to figure out her new spell happens before So a Date, and Pandora's visit is after. Dan probably figured it'd be easier to just lump it all after So a Date in the archives and treat it like a "Meanwhile, at the Brown residence..." rather than split it up.

17 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Wait ... is there something else new in the commentaries besides the "hey, I put this in main archive for people who don't read NP nor commentaries" , "I hope this is less confusing with four strips concatenated into one" and "hey, this is too important for NP"?

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Wait ... is there something else new in the commentaries besides the "hey, I put this in main archive for people who don't read NP nor commentaries" , "I hope this is less confusing with four strips concatenated into one" and "hey, this is too important for NP"?

Quite possibly. I find it at least within the realms of possibility that not every single reader on this forum has exactly the same perspective and conception of what is important that you do.

8 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Quite possibly. I find it at least within the realms of possibility that not every single reader on this forum has exactly the same perspective and conception of what is important that you do.

It's not about what is important. It's about what is new. Which is much more objective criterion.

I skimmed over the new commentaries and I don't think they are saying anything new about the spell or anything else happening in the commics - meaning, that it was already said in the commentaries in NP. There is new content, of course, but that speaks only about why Dan put it into main archive. This includes him saying several times "this is important". Well, it is important, but it's not new, it was already clear to be important from the NP.

Unless I overlook something, in which case I would appreciate if someone would tell me what.

(Meanwhile, your "quite possibly" sounds almost as you didn't read those commentaries yet.)

I'm not saying that putting the story line into main archive was superfluous ; there ARE people who could be confused, especially first time readers (meaning, people who didn't read the strip for Monday, May 16, 2016 before August 26th, 2016). I'm just not sure what we are going to discuss here to not repeat discussion for the NP strips.

... although, based on this, we are going meta.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It's not about what is important. It's about what is new. Which is much more objective criterion.

The Moderator: And I am saying that you are not being objective at all. CritterKeeper started a thread against the possibility that people wanted to discuss it here in the story forums now that the Question Mark storyline is not merely canon but a full part of the main storyline. YOU are sarcastically and hostilely questioning the purpose of the thread, which is also known as trolling and is against the FAQ. My original post was made in the hopes that you would take the hint and thus obviate the need for me to post as moderator but I clearly made it too subtle for that.

In the future, if you feel a thread is redundant, there are two clearly proper courses of action. One is to complain to the moderator. Me. The other is simply to ignore the thread. Posting hostile logic chopping in an attempt to derail or kill the thread is a FAQ violation and will earn warning points.

I hope I have made myself sufficiently clear this time.

~tOH.

On 17 September 2016 at 1:03 PM, CritterKeeper said:

I have reread the comics. Doing it again all at once means everything is clearer.

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2237

Does this mean the fact that Adam West DID NOT play Boba Fett is canon?

Because that would have been so incredible if he performed that role under an assumed name with the stipulation that the truth would not be revealed until after his death

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Does this mean the fact that Adam West DID NOT play Boba Fett is canon?

... I think that was supposed to be two separate tries: one with guessing who played Boba Fett, other with guessing who is Adam West.

I like the fact that she thought ahead about what turning into a werewolf would mean and took off her clothes.  Of course I would approve of anything that results in nudity mind you.

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... I think that was supposed to be two separate tries: one with guessing who played Boba Fett, other with guessing who is Adam West.

No, Sarah did the the Boba Fett/Adam West bit in a Jeopardy style where she gives the answer first then attempts to give the matching question.

Also, note in Dan's commentary. " Adam West would have perfected Boba Fett. "

On September 19, 2016 at 8:10 PM, Scotty said:

Also, note in Dan's commentary. " Adam West would have perfected Boba Fett. "

I would have countered it with "Stick to superheroes", but Hollywood is in the way.

On September 19, 2016 at 0:22 PM, mlooney said:

I like the fact that she thought ahead about what turning into a werewolf would mean and took off her clothes.  Of course I would approve of anything that results in nudity mind you.

Save the clothes now, transform later. General rule of thumb, I guess.