• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Friday August 4, 2017

Recommended Posts

Now why didn't she think of that in the first place? Is she so immature and inexperienced that she needed the recently reset Jerry to point this out to her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Ugh.  Sorry, but she just looks too weird to me.  The comic equivalent of the Uncanny Valley, maybe.

is going to be one of the players, not just the example of a type of immortal/fairy.  On the other hand, I'm not looking forward to seeing anything even slightly good about the KFC immortal twit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Jerry's successor says that he isn't Jerry, I'm actually more interested in what to call him that this new Immortal.

Hammers into a game?

Wild Prediction - 

Goonmanji II will be based on Croquette.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If Jerry's successor says that he isn't Jerry, I'm actually more interested in what to call him that this new Immortal.

Call him Fall Out Boy.

"We could be immortals, immortals, just not for long, for long..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PrimordialSoul253 said:

If they're a Japanese manga/anime obsessed immortal, it wouldn't half-surprised me if their recent reincarnation based its appearance specifically off of manga/anime character designs.

I guess I haven't seen the same anime/manga as Dan, then, because none of them ever hit my Uncanny Valley buttons the way that this one squicks me..  Most anime/manga girls I've seen are cute!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mlooney said:

is going to be one of the players, not just the example of a type of immortal/fairy.  On the other hand, I'm not looking forward to seeing anything even slightly good about the KFC immortal twit.

I'm pretty certain that Voltaire's going to be part of this, he was only in the first page as an example of what some Immortals are like, just like Pandora. This story is all about Hanma, as well as Ashley, Susan, Rhoda and Catalina of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Ugh.  Sorry, but she just looks too weird to me.  The comic equivalent of the Uncanny Valley, maybe.

She looks little like those girls from splatoon.

7 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I guess I haven't seen the same anime/manga as Dan, then, because none of them ever hit my Uncanny Valley buttons the way that this one squicks me..  Most anime/manga girls I've seen are cute!

She's supposed to be mixing multiple stuff, which may make her less attractive that ANY of the girls she's mixed from. Presumably. I didn't see that many anime and I don't think I'm recognizing what's she's supposed to be mixed from.

13 hours ago, partner555 said:

Now why didn't she think of that in the first place? Is she so immature and inexperienced that she needed the recently reset Jerry to point this out to her?

... yes. Also, Jerry is too immature to realize it was bad idea telling it to her.

It's possible she reset improperly - or that she declared the notes from her previous selves boring and didn't read them. Or her previous selves were  just different enough they didn't had any similar experience. Or maybe they did but were ashamed of it later and didn't put it into notes. Actually, this last one seems most likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

her previous selves ... had any similar experience ... but were ashamed of it later and didn't put it into notes.

Actually, this last one seems most likely.

An immortal who reappears as an obnoxious teen after each reset.  As she matures, she tries to deny or forget what she did in her youth.  So each reset brings another obnoxious teen with no idea how much this behavior will hurt her older self.

This is far more than likely.  In fact, there may be several such immortals at each Middle or Junior High school with the purpose of guiding and empowering nice elementary kids to become obnoxious teens themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

An immortal who reappears as an obnoxious teen after each reset.  As she matures, she tries to deny or forget what she did in her youth.  So each reset brings another obnoxious teen with no idea how much this behavior will hurt her older self.

And each older self tries to deny or forget what she did in her youth not realizing she will end up repeating the experience, proving they may be older but not that much wiser. Yeah totally.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

In fact, there may be several such immortals at each Middle or Junior High school with the purpose of guiding and empowering nice elementary kids to become obnoxious teens themselves.

I don't think they NEED any guiding and empowering. Also, I don't think there are THAT many immortals on Earth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I think you're right, especially given the fact that they are sterile and the way they keep decapitating one another on a semi-regular basis.

*cough* Adrian Raven *cough*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hanmaa" is clearly a loanword... did the Japanese not have hammers before Perry?

*checks*

Wiktionary is telling me it's "tsuchi," or for specifically a metal hammer, "kanazuchi."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WR...S said:

"Hanmaa" is clearly a loanword... did the Japanese not have hammers before Perry?

Almost certainly part of the joke.  This Immortal isn't a 14 year old Japanese girl.  She is a 14 year old girl fascinated by Japanese pop culture.

Let's just hope her tentacle monster activities remain off panel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Almost certainly part of the joke.  This Immortal isn't a 14 year old Japanese girl.  She is a 14 year old girl fascinated by Japanese pop culture.

I miss the times back when Egyptian pop culture was in vogue. It's not that I have anything against Japanese pop culture, mind. It is just that hieroglyphs and Eyes-of-Horus are so classy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I miss the times back when Egyptian pop culture was in vogue. It's not that I have anything against Japanese pop culture, mind. It is just that hieroglyphs and Eyes-of-Horus are so classy.

I suppose it's only right that they also invented the "kids these days..." adult lament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vorlonagent said:

I suppose it's only right that they also invented the "kids these days..." adult lament.

Nonsense. That was invented 138.000 years ago by Ug in the hamlet of Zug when he uttered the famous sentence 'Glug rug hug.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Old Hack said:

Nonsense. That was invented 138.000 years ago by Ug in the hamlet of Zug when he uttered the famous sentence 'Glug rug hug.'

At least the Egyptians drew you a picture...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vorlonagent said:

At least the Egyptians drew you a picture...

So did he. It displayed a big stick man tearing at his head while little stick men children ran after ochre coloured herd animals using sticks with sharp stones tied to their end instead of the pointed sticks that had always been good enough for him and his father and his grandfather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

So did he. It displayed a big stick man tearing at his head while little stick men children ran after ochre coloured herd animals using sticks with sharp stones tied to their end instead of the pointed sticks that had always been good enough for him and his father and his grandfather.

They'd gotten it all wrong.  One first learns self-defense from fresh fruit before graduating to pointed sticks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vorlonagent said:

They'd gotten it all wrong.  One first learns self-defense from fresh fruit before graduating to pointed sticks.

That was his great grandfather. And the poor sod had never gotten over being disinherited by his father for daring to scorn the sacred family tradition of flinging poo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Old Hack said:

That was his great grandfather. And the poor sod had never gotten over being disinherited by his father for daring to scorn the sacred family tradition of flinging poo.

Seen by that light Ug was an intellectual giant as well as a physical one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this