• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
LazerWulf

The Best EGS Faces

So... I discovered EGS a few weeks ago, and since then, I have probably read through the archives about 3 and a half times (at least 2 complete read-throughs, but, thanks to all the links in the commentaries, I've gone back and read several storylines numerous times).

Anyway, one of the things I noticed on my readthrough(s) is that the characters make faces that are, well, exaggerated and over the top, and, frankly, hilarious.

So I decided to go back and catalog what I consider to be some of the best faces, starting with End of an Era, the first storyline after the timeskip. I didn't want to start all the way at the beginning, and I knew there was one face in that story that I had to capture. (You probably know the one).

Anyway, I've been using a Chrome extension called Awesome Screenshot, and each pic can be found on my imgur page

Without Further Ado:

KZWcvqi.pngouJ3GYy.pngKguVqia.pngMWnL2u6.png0VxNF9Q.pngbVgkEAe.pngLH8KZxk.png7ZXPZvH.pngTIW0Oyh.pngM4oNzul.pngJXP3Fvc.pngutFh5nJ.pngowYRae7.png9iKBxWQ.pngtdrVSlK.pngUAieTzZ.pngqarceUp.pngLO4crxB.pngO53i4s9.pngNsrpfes.png

Part 2: Family Tree

ff5AY04.pngIHWorQE.pngEYQUnga.pngoDgZFNz.pngJP53Ssc.pnghEWj5E9.pnghvrfd47.pngo4aYXZF.png8O6GtWM.pngTkTvKfJ.pngkZDhYw1.pngPM2NN1L.pngXm4gpex.pngQcPjeKj.png04IOM9e.pngweuXZe6.pngNzvthBu.pngkbujBJf.pngsg3k1BP.png0GhCgOl.pnguy5myLM.png0n1rzQQ.pngv3mcLYQ.pngmjn9HAZ.pngbjIsNbR.pnguFzaRqK.pngmSntTam.png1qoZQn8.pngN4W4Q5n.pngKJWy9tC.png19Da1bg.pngLcg204p.png2SprFDi.pngEACq1HB.pngKcE0GUI.pngNFFoXMz.pngL98YcQS.pngcNVQq0t.pngfBWGG1y.pngdZVBp80.pngE5cQ1pF.pngdsEkpfy.pngUuffRgN.pngmp8XL0q.png8vTOFoM.png

This one kind of got away from me. I had been planning to only do a few, but, well...

Suffice it to say, this is when I realized I should be doing these in batches. I'm currently about halfway through Identity, and will add more as I complete each storyline, until I get to the current one, at which point I'll probably work my way backwards through the archive.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I gotta agree with Stature (who states it in their forum sig) that Susan's expressions during the "Identity" story are great. They're also followed up on the next couple pages ending with Diane's priceless expression.

I believe I already have all of those in my Identity set. Including one that I like to call "Susan gets Goatse'd" (If you know the reference, okay. If you do not, PLEASE DO NOT LOOK IT UP. You have been warned.)

El Goonish Shive   2013 10 29 c.png

Lo, these many years ago, I did something similar with tracing paper and copies of Elfquest.  Wendy Pini is awesome with faces, both expressions and making each character's face distinct in shape.  I suspect I learned more from tracing them than I would from digitally clipping images, but I didn't become a draw-er myself so maybe I didn't learn enough.  ;-)

9 minutes ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

I think going through everyone's avatars would add nicely to your collection.

Yeah, there are a lot of good faces at avatars.