• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
EmpactWB

Story, Monday September 19, 2016

3 minutes ago, EmpactWB said:

Way to fall for his baiting, silly.

Yup, attempt 3, make Elliot angry enough to attack. Luckily, Edward is there.

... although, maybe Elliot WOULD be able to not attack if he would remember that it's bad idea. But he might've not be reminded recently.

4 minutes ago, EmpactWB said:

Edit: I followed Dan'a link from Facebook, but the main page still has Friday's comic. Anyone else with this issue?

That's normal. EGS is heavily cached. The direct link works only because noone tried to use it beforehand. Other stuff will start working when the cache expires.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... although, maybe Elliot WOULD be able to not attack if he would remember that it's bad idea. But he might've not be reminded recently.

Yeah, I'm not sure if this is entirely "Plan CM" though, at least not Voltaire's appearance here. He's not only testing Elliot, but everyone in the room, what happens here may effect how they handle the other stuff going on.

Edward has the most experience with Immortals, Voltaire likely knows this, I wonder if he going to try to do something that makes Elliot go against whatever Edward tells him.

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:
11 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah, I'm not sure if this is entirely "Plan CM" though, at least not Voltaire's appearance here. He's not only testing Elliot, but everyone in the room, what happens here may effect how they handle the other stuff going on.

Considering plan CM includes vampires ...

No, he likely predicted this will fail, but is trying regardless just in case - similarly how Pandora tried to get someone to kill Abraham despite predicting noone will.

Of course, that may not be ONLY reason. In fact, it's likely there are THREE reasons for Voltaire to try this:

1) It might work.

2) It helps the plan even if it wouldn't work.

3) He's jerk and would do it just for the fun.

I'm pretty sure I guessed this...

On 9/16/2016 at 1:32 AM, Random Wanderer said:

If he's really lucky (from his perspective) someone will overreact and attack him, allowing him to respond and kill everyone.

Beyond that, we already weren't sure what he was trying to accomplish in the first place, so this is just another indication that we don't really know what's going on in his head.

Yep. Not that I expect this is his full plan. As folks say above, it's pretty simplistic, and he's got a lot of other balls rolling already, indicating something much bigger going on. But I imagine he figured this was worth a shot anyway.

With enough arguments, I could say that Edward acts the same way as Raven. All wand spells notwithstanding.

You know it is business if he shoves Elliot out of respect.

30 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That's normal. EGS is heavily cached. The direct link works only because noone tried to use it beforehand. Other stuff will start working when the cache expires.

I use direct links all the time. Then again, like the changing the colors of a TV screen on a film noir, restarting the cache of your browser will not work. :demonicduck:

5 minutes ago, Stature said:
39 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I use direct links all the time.

It's not problem for OLD comics. Just for the new ones, where using it will mean the cache will cache "negative answer".

6 minutes ago, Stature said:

Then again, like the changing the colors of a TV screen on a film noir, restarting the cache of your browser will not work. :demonicduck:

:)

That reminds me watching Outer Limits in not-fullscreen window. The intro lost a bit of it's effect ...

I thinks plan CM involves throwing everything at the walls to see what sticks. Given how much he's throwing; Pandora is looking for the immortal disco wizard told her about; her godson, his family, and fiends are in danger; and she's annoyed about the magic thing, something is gonna stick and I suspect it's his carcass.

18 minutes ago, mlooney said:

There is a very good chance that Edward may have just saved everyone in the room life.

I don't think Voltaire could successfully claim self-defense on killing everyone when only Elliot attacked.

( ... ok, I HOPE he can't ...)

9 minutes ago, PSadlon said:

I thinks plan CM involves throwing everything at the walls to see what sticks. Given how much he's throwing; Pandora is looking for the immortal disco wizard told her about; her godson, his family, and fiends are in danger; and she's annoyed about the magic thing, something is gonna stick and I suspect it's his carcass.

I suspect the wall will be painted by whatever's inside him. But not today. Pandora is busy saving magic with Sarah.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I don't think Voltaire could successfully claim self-defense on killing everyone when only Elliot attacked.

Chances are, if Edward attacked and Voltaire ended up killing him, the others would likely attack as well out of anger. Tedd would certainly want revenge.

23 minutes ago, PSadlon said:

I'm very much looking forward to this bastard running into Pandora.

Voltaire's claims here are funny, given that Eliot could have literally run away and hid without much trouble, and instead stuck around and tried to figure out how to fight her. Actually, leading her out of the mall probably would have been a good move, less collateral damage. Voltaire on the other hand, ran away like a sissy when things stopped going his way :P

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

All he has to do is convince himself that killing everyone is a justified response to being attacked by one of them, so...

Just how high is the ceiling in that room?

I can't help but think that if it was significantly over the typical ten to twelve feet common in American homes, Tedd would have been using the space for magical flight testing long before Grace showed up.

On a related note...

HEY SCIENCE GUYS!!!

WHERE IS MY JET PACK!?

Hopefully Edward is quick enough to tell the kids that attacking Voltaire would essentially give him carte blanche to use any counter-attack, up to and including lethal force, if Voltaire so wishes.

You know, Voltaire is quite literally being a bully here, he's targeted Elliot for reasons unknown but might due to his ego, manipulated others into doing harm to Elliot, and is now attempting verbal abuse to provoke him into acting, Elliot's dealt with bullies picking on others for years and that's always been his go to response for dealing with them.

I guess there's no loophole that allows verbal abuse to be considered an attack and therefore Elliot would have justification to fight Voltaire or even cause the other immortals to take notice and force Voltaire to reset.

10 hours ago, WillikaKillika said:

It's strange that Immortals are allowed to attack those who threaten them, considering that they can immediately retreat to the spiritual realm at any time.

It sounds like the "he drew first" cliche from about a million Westerns, where the villain insults his victims until they start a gunfight the villain thinks he can't lose.

To me, it also sounds a little similar to the reason Jerry gave the hammers to women since the ultimate reason was to tempt men to act like... men?

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

It sounds like the "he drew first" cliche from about a million Westerns, where the villain insults his victims until they start a gunfight the villain thinks he can't lose.

This was not-Tengue's opening gambit, too.  Get Nanase worked up and in her Angel form, which he knew about and felt he could deal with instead of whatever other spells and abilities Nanase might have that he didn't know about.

20 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

Okay, I think the Immortals *REALLY* didn't think their laws through, based on this guy.

Why? Worked well for millennia, sure, sometimes some Elliot died, but not so often for it to be problem.

(In other words, you can't say they didn't though them through if you don't know what was the goal.)

16 hours ago, ijuin said:

Hopefully Edward is quick enough to tell the kids that attacking Voltaire would essentially give him carte blanche to use any counter-attack, up to and including lethal force, if Voltaire so wishes.

Didn't that surfaced in any previous discussion? Like, when talking about Jerry, for example. I'm not surprised Elliot would not realize that, but Nanase for example might.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

I guess there's no loophole that allows verbal abuse to be considered an attack and therefore Elliot would have justification to fight Voltaire or even cause the other immortals to take notice and force Voltaire to reset.

Not sure how to parse that sentence, but I think verbal attacks don't counts.

19 hours ago, Random Wanderer said:

All he has to do is convince himself that killing everyone is a justified response to being attacked by one of them, so...

But he needs to actually CONVINCE himself, not just be ready to say it. Although, responding with something which will kill Elliot and as collateral damage level the house and therefore harm or kill others might be something he can justify to himself ...