• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Wednesday September 21, 2016

I wonder why Pandora is back in elf clothing?  She's not after the hijinks.  She is in her elf face, but in coed clothing.

Speaking of hijinks, they still haven't started.

5 hours ago, chridd said:

Now I'm wondering: does Catalina know Elliot's cat?

Might not. That sucker is not a conversation starter for them. Been so long since his appearance, too.

I like butterscotches more than brownies, yet I would still eat them in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, Stature said:
7 hours ago, chridd said:

Now I'm wondering: does Catalina know Elliot's cat?

Might not. That sucker is not a conversation starter for them. Been so long since his appearance, too.

Brownie is a girl too or else Ellen might have felt even more awkward when she used her copy spell.

But yeah, Elliot basically only met Catalina like 9-10 months ago comic time? Sure it's enough that Catalina was comfortable enough to kiss Elliot in an attempt to dispel rumours about him being gay, but I don't think Elliot would have invited her to his place at some point, and we know he doesn't talk much about himself or family. Unless it was something he mentioned in the review show, maybe, but I'm thinking he only focused on talking about the fact that he had a girlfriend, to avoid another case of a girl wanting to date him while he was already in a relationship.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

I wonder why Pandora is back in elf clothing?  She's not after the hijinks.  She is in her elf face, but in coed clothing.

I think that it is visual shorthand to remind us that she is now back on an astral plane (and thus invisible and intangible to most humans).

14 minutes ago, ijuin said:

I think that it is visual shorthand to remind us that she is now back on an astral plane (and thus invisible and intangible to most humans).

It's possible she switches back to college coed again at some point while observing Catalina and Rhoda.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

Sure it's enough that Catalina was comfortable enough to kiss Elliot in an attempt to dispel rumours about him being gay

... I don't think Catalina needed that much. She's impulsive and doesn't value kisses so high.

Unless it was something he mentioned in the review show, maybe,

I think it would depend on what movies they reviewed. There are definitely some which would make mentioning brownie logical.

11 hours ago, mlooney said:

I think it makes sense for Pandora to be in elf clothing now, BUT that it doesn't make sense she wasn't after the hijinks ...

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Will Catalina be marked?

She certainly will. Question is if we SEE it. And possibly see how exactly is Pandora "explaining" the spell to people she marked.

Brownie is a girl too or else Ellen might have felt even more awkward when she used her copy spell.

Two points here:

1. Brownie is a girl. Nanase is a girl. We don't know if Ellen has ever tried to use her copy spell on any male, although Jerry thought she might have tried. Ellen might only be able to copy females.
  2. Catalina should get along with Brownie well enough. Catalina with Jeremy or Max (Adrian's cat) might present problems...

10 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Brownie is a girl. Nanase is a girl. We don't know if Ellen has ever tried to use her copy spell on any male, although Jerry thought she might have tried. Ellen might only be able to copy females.

Based on not even the FV5 beam working on not-Tengu, I don't think his concerns was with not-Tengu being male.

I suppose it's written in her book, even if she didn't tried. There are lot of other stuff characters didn't tried on panel.

12 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Catalina should get along with Brownie well enough.

Brownie is probably narcoleptic and will get well with anyone.

15 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Catalina should get along with Brownie well enough. Catalina with Jeremy or Max (Adrian's cat) might present problems...

Can't really speak for Max as we haven't seen much of him outside of his interaction with Grace, but Jeremy seems like an easy going cat and would get along well enough with Catalina, Jeremy loves Susan after all. ;)

I wonder though, aside from Name Based Affinity for cat based spells, Catalina probably has had a natural affinity for cats in general, she might not have the ability to talk to cats like Grace can, but maybe she has a non-magic sense of how cats behave and such.

55 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Can't really speak for Max as we haven't seen much of him outside of his interaction with Grace, but Jeremy seems like an easy going cat and would get along well enough with Catalina, Jeremy loves Susan after all. ;)

There is a reason Jeremy has a spot on the OT14 chart.

15 hours ago, Scotty said:

All the more to forget her gender.

"I should have stuck with 'that sleepy sucker'."