• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
heroesofcrash

Comic 9/24/16 - Thankfully, Zack Snyder's Not Involved

ComicNumber645.png

Belt Boy's getting a little tired of getting grabbed by the arm and yanked off-panel... and Cannon's not even remotely tired of bragging about his victory against Jackknife.

BTW, if you saw my Daily Drawing for Friday 9/23, you realized that I took a LOT longer drawing this than I meant to, as I had done most of the inking in a "sketch" layer. Drawing in the wrong layer is the bane of digital artists everywhere.

Addressing this comic's title... I know I tend to make fun of Michael Bay, but I can't help but wonder if Zack Snyder's worse. Snyder's like what Bay would be if he tried to be serious. Say what you will about Bay's lack of talent, over-inflated ego, and terrible treatment of women (It's all true), but at least he gets that there's an element of silliness to the imaginary worlds of the Transformers and Ninja Turtles (not that he harnesses it effectively, but at least he acknowledges that it's there). Snyder, conversely, denounced She-Hulk and the Martian Manhunter as legit superheroes, calling She-Hulk essentially a trophy for the male power fantasy that is the Hulk (If he knew comics, he'd know that they're cousins, so... EW. NO.), and Martian Manhunter a stupid character (And yet he considers Aquaman to be fine). Plus, despite getting some elements of Batman V Superman, let's face facts: he got some elements very very wrong (I highly recommend watching the Nostalgia Critic review). This comic, thankfully, is silly and colorful and everything that Snyder is not. And I'm darn proud of it.