• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Monday September 26, 2016

18 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Neko mimi mode. If they notice at all, they probably think she's cosplaying.

In fact, just today, I saw a guy and girl whom I think were around my age wearing costumes. Cosplaying is the mundane conclusion and the one most people are likely to reach unless they see the transformation itself and not the aftermath.

Either Catalina is so catlike already that nobody notices the difference, or people are just not paying sufficient attention to her to register it.

What's odd is that Rhoda hasn't reacted, given that she is paying quite a lot of attention to Catalina . . .

Also, who here saw that Pandora was still wearing eyeglasses in the fourth panel before reading this post?

I'm having a hard time believing that no one noticed a girl wandering around with cat ears and a tail.  They might assume she's wearing a costume, although it would have to be an awfully good one.

3 hours ago, ijuin said:

What's odd is that Rhoda hasn't reacted, given that she is paying quite a lot of attention to Catalina . . ,

I totally agree.  How could she miss that her girlfriend, who she's snuggling against, has cat ears and a tail that were not there a few minutes ago?

I think it only makes sense if the spell includes a "pay no attention to the feline features" component.  Maybe no one notices unless Catalina herself draws attention to them?

I may be projecting...an old daydream of mine was that I was someone/something completely different but no one could tell.  Yes, I was a very bored high school student. :)

5 hours ago, partner555 said:
5 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

In fact, just today, I saw a guy and girl whom I think were around my age wearing costumes. Cosplaying is the mundane conclusion and the one most people are likely to reach unless they see the transformation itself and not the aftermath.

3 hours ago, ijuin said:

Either Catalina is so catlike already that nobody notices the difference, or people are just not paying sufficient attention to her to register it.

Because the transformation wasn't a complete one, people would just think that the two recently visited the Halloween Shop and picked up a set of cat ears and a tail. This does take place a few days before Halloween.

3 hours ago, ijuin said:

What's odd is that Rhoda hasn't reacted, given that she is paying quite a lot of attention to Catalina . . .

Yeah, that is odd, unless she did notice but is waiting for when they're away from people to point it out. It's like "Ok this is probably magic at work, but no one is freaking out about it so it's not like I accidentally shrank her or anything."

3 hours ago, ijuin said:

Also, who here saw that Pandora was still wearing eyeglasses in the fourth panel before reading this post?

I noticed, she's also in the college girl clothes. It is strange that she would be seemingly back in her original form (well original adult form) when she marked Catalina, and then switch to a hybrid form, at the end of Marker she's not wearing the glasses but still in the hybrid form, which wouldn't make sense if she's remained just outside the mortal plane this whole time.

BTW, that food service worker in the first 2 panels reminds me a lot of Raven Pritchard from Questionable Content.

6 hours ago, ijuin said:

Catalina hasn't reacted much either.  Does she not get any sensory feedback?  Calmly sitting on a bench seat with that tail....

I suppose it's possible one or both of them just assume this is just another uncontrolled manifestation of Rhoda's transformation power, which they know by now is not something they need to worry about much.

8 hours ago, ijuin said:

I did.  Of course, Pandora is my currwnt waifu, so I should notice things like that.

3 hours ago, exterminator said:

I, for one, wouldn't mind Pandora keeping the glasses. At all.

I agree, it's a good look for her.

Or a transformation serious of coed!Pandora to elven!Pandora.  Even if in canon it's "blink" speed.

15 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Or, like, forgot to take off costume.

9 hours ago, Circe said:
13 hours ago, ijuin said:

What's odd is that Rhoda hasn't reacted, given that she is paying quite a lot of attention to Catalina . . ,

I totally agree.  How could she miss that her girlfriend, who she's snuggling against, has cat ears and a tail that were not there a few minutes ago?

You didn't payed attention when Grace showed change blindness? This is totally believable.

4 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

My guess is that no one is going to notice until Catalina's tail until someone steps on it, grabs it, or it gets caught in a door, causing Catalina to yelp. ^_^

Why would anyone be grabbing it? But stepping or getting caught in a door, totally.

7 hours ago, malloyd said:

Does she not get any sensory feedback?  Calmly sitting on a bench seat with that tail....

The sensory feedback have no urgency in it and she's distracted by Rhoda being so near.

2 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

I'm mildly surprised Catalina hasn't noticed changes in her hearing...

She went inside shortly after transformation. She could subconsciously assume all changes are just different acoustic.

(Also, it's CAT ears. Not bats echolocation. Not so big difference.)

9 minutes ago, Scotty said:
12 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

What is that blob on the tray from the food court?

Looks like an open burrito.

Any reason why you think open burrito is more likely than for example mashed potatoes? (The color doesn't match either.)

14 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

How can I make my eyebrows hover in front of my hair?

They don't actually hover. It just seems that way due to the hair being partially transparent.

10 hours ago, malloyd said:

Catalina hasn't reacted much either.  Does she not get any sensory feedback?  Calmly sitting on a bench seat with that tail....

Judging by Elliot's Cheerleadra spell, she might not be aware at this time that she shouldn't have those senses. But as soon as she has the chance to sit down... YELP!

20 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:
10 hours ago, malloyd said:

Judging by Elliot's Cheerleadra spell, she might not be aware at this time that she shouldn't have those senses. But as soon as she has the chance to sit down... YELP!

She IS sitting.

And yes: missing tail and different hearing was certainly much easier than Elliot missing ability to sense GSM, EDGE, 3G, LTE, WiFi, bluetooth, GPS, compass, magnetic field and who knows what else his phone might give him. And that's just senses.

36 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

And yes: missing tail and different hearing was certainly much easier than Elliot missing ability to sense GSM, EDGE, 3G, LTE, WiFi, bluetooth, GPS, compass, magnetic field and who knows what else his phone might give him. And that's just senses.

There's no indication that he has direct access to those things; I think he still has to go through the cell phone (as in, something more like the ability to see the screen and hear the speaker and press buttons/touch the screen with his mind, perhaps with some enhancements; if he sensed GPS directly, why/how would he get driving directions?), and he probably has to explicitly activate those features rather than just passively being able to sense those (whereas someone with a tail probably wouldn't have to do anything to turn feeling in the tail on [well, unless they were designing the form and had to wire the nerves themselves, but that's not what's happening here]).

Perhaps her spell comes with instincts to get her tail out of the way when sitting.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Any reason why you think open burrito is more likely than for example mashed potatoes? (The color doesn't match either.)

Mainly because it looks like there's a plate, some sort of flatbread or tortilla and seasoned ground beef on top.

My first guess on the food would be spaghetti with meat sauce/marinara on top.  Maybe it's because Catalina looks so ready to put her fork in and twirl it?  And yes, at least three food courts I can think of have either a pizza place with spaghetti or a Chinese place with a noodle dish.

20 hours ago, chridd said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

There's no indication that he has direct access to those things; I think he still has to go through the cell phone (as in, something more like the ability to see the screen and hear the speaker and press buttons/touch the screen with his mind, perhaps with some enhancements; if he sensed GPS directly, why/how would he get driving directions?)

Actually, he can sense GPS directly. He only needed to think about it. He didn't mentioned any HUD.

and he probably has to explicitly activate those features rather than just passively being able to sense those

That IS possible.

whereas someone with a tail probably wouldn't have to do anything to turn feeling in the tail on

By default, tail works on automatic. You also don't really think about what to do with left leg when you are walking, you just walk. Elliot even fell when he started thinking about how he walks.

And while walking, you usually don't really feel how the fabric of pants is touching your legs - the sensory informations are there, but you tune them out, it's not important enough to notice unless the pants are too tight or something. It's even more noticeable with shoes: after little walking, you don't feel the shoe as something ON your foot, but more like extension of your foot.

Perhaps her spell comes with instincts to get her tail out of the way when sitting.

The spell comes with standard set of "muscle memory" for tail, roughly what she would have if she always had the tail.

16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Actually, he can sense GPS directly. He only needed to think about it. He didn't mentioned any HUD.

"I know our exact GPS coordinates and can see what looks like a floating picture of a satellite view of here."

Sounds like a Head Up Display is a pretty good term for it.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

"I know our exact GPS coordinates and can see what looks like a floating picture of a satellite view of here."

Sounds like a Head Up Display is a pretty good term for it.

Sounds more like an "in head display"