• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Wednesday September 28, 2016

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Is that...a chibi cowgirl Sarah? And is Pandora actually responding to her question?

I though it is a chibi cowgirl Tedd, considering the incident in the card tourney + SB entry about it.

Poeuf, a strange slip is sighted in the form of Correspondence. :demonicduck:

Guess Pandora is going back to her old clothes... but keep the glasses. Because you can't see your own glasses. Just ask anyone that looked for them not noticing them over their own nose.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

The face looks more like Sarah to me . . .

You say it as if that would prove anything.

3 hours ago, exterminator said:
5 hours ago, ijuin said:

The face looks more like Sarah to me . . .

You say it as if that would prove anything.

The hair also looks like Sarah's. Yes, I know the sketchbook of cowgirl Tedd has long blonde hair too, but cowgirl Tedd's bangs don't fall past her chin like Sarah's would if they weren't tucked behind her ears.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

Is that...a chibi cowgirl Sarah?

I thought she was a chibi cowgirl Diane as I read it, but Sarah may be more likely.

Does "Pointed Out" include damage to the tail?  I still think having that appendage stepped on or caught in something will be the most likely way it gets noticed.

Aware of my hands? You mean aware of my tongue, manually breathing, blinking, swallowing, itching in one place on my body and reading the following in Morgan Freeman's smooth, silky voice like molten molasses?

25 minutes ago, wanderingmagus said:

and reading the following in Morgan Freeman's smooth, silky voice like molten molasses?

OT: I'm now picturing an audio drama with Patrick Stewart and Morgan Freeman.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

The hair also looks like Sarah's. Yes, I know the sketchbook of cowgirl Tedd has long blonde hair too, but cowgirl Tedd's bangs don't fall past her chin like Sarah's would if they weren't tucked behind her ears.

Tedd is always drawn with Asian Eyes, even when transformed (as seen in the sketchbook entry linked above).

59 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

Am I the only one who thought it was cowgirl Diane?

Pharaoh mentioned it too, but if it was, her hair should be even longer and have asymmetrical bangs.*

*link is to the closest I could recall to transformed Diane that would highlight the differing hair style, it's not chibi but I think the style would still be recognizable as Diane's regardless.

Why do I think the comics continues to explain change blindness because some people still didn't got it ...

... oh. Because I was answering some people like that in previous strip discussion. :)

14 hours ago, ijuin said:

Prove, no, but Occam's Razor would lead us to assume that things are what they seem unless we have evidence to the contrary.

Occam's Razor is about seeking most likely explanation. Do you think it's likely Sarah got transformed to cowgirl? Compared to Tedd?

(On the other hand ... it still seems more likely than she would allow Tedd to use her form mixed with cowgirl, and the hair-based arguments are sound, so ...)

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

Is that...a chibi cowgirl Sarah? And is Pandora actually responding to her question?

I guess if Pandora loses focus on Adrian, some of her insanity starts peeking through.

I don't think she actually see the cowgirl and respond to it. The cowgirl is just visual example for us and she just continues explanation.

I posit that she's an extension of Pandora. We know Pandora's natural form is amorphous. She's larger than Susan's or Diane's sprites, and unlike Susan or Diane, Pandora perceives her. When Pandora woke up for this (mis)adventure, she had four arms, three mouths, and four eyes. And there are at least two occasions in canon where there may have been more than one of Pandora:

However, it would be neat if the cowgirl is a new Immortal.

3 minutes ago, Random Wanderer said:

All right, Pandora, now that you've started thinking about your hands and how you move them, and so on, can you stop?

... and how many she have ...

(Note: I'm not sure what the thing with hands is. I am aware of the issue with "breathing manually" and "aware of tongue", but I don't think I have something similar with hands ...)

1 hour ago, Random Wanderer said:

All right, Pandora, now that you've started thinking about your hands and how you move them, and so on, can you stop? :P

I think about my hand all the time.  My left, with the broken knuckle bone.  Not as much as say three weeks ago, but I have thoughts about it about twice an hour.  The thought is normally "[redacted] that hurt."

On 9/29/2016 at 10:34 PM, hkmaly said:

... and how many she have ...

(Note: I'm not sure what the thing with hands is. I am aware of the issue with "breathing manually" and "aware of tongue", but I don't think I have something similar with hands ...)

It's the same principle. Something that you do or use unconsciously suddenly comes to your conscious attention and afterwards you can't figure out how to do it unconsciously again.

At least I think that's what she's going on about.

On 9/28/2016 at 3:45 AM, exterminator said:

Guess Pandora is going back to her old clothes... but keep the glasses. Because you can't see your own glasses. Just ask anyone that looked for them not noticing them over their own nose.

Hm, it depends on how much your glasses have been designed to hide. My glasses are blue and have large lenses so it's impossible to not notice them on my face.

1 hour ago, WillikaKillika said:

Hm, it depends on how much your glasses have been designed to hide. My glasses are blue and have large lenses so it's impossible to not notice them on my face.

I've seen people looking for their sunglasses while wearing them... You would think they'd notice the world is darker than usual ...

54 minutes ago, exterminator said:
2 hours ago, WillikaKillika said:

I've seen people looking for their sunglasses while wearing them... You would think they'd notice the world is darker than usual ...

What do you mean, darker than usual? It's USUALLY that dark.

15 hours ago, Random Wanderer said:

It's the same principle. Something that you do or use unconsciously suddenly comes to your conscious attention and afterwards you can't figure out how to do it unconsciously again.

What are you doing subconsciously with hands? Most things I'm doing with hands is pretty conscious ... (just tried to think about hands while typing. No problem.)