• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
CritterKeeper

Check in here -- Welcome back!

Hooray!  Welcome back, everyone!

This thread is a bit akin to the Newbie Intro section, except it's for everyone to post when they see the forums are back, to let everyone know you're here and give any news you feel like sharing since the crash.  :-)

I'm pretty much status quo, except for missing all you guys a lot more than I would have expected.  Facebook just isn't the same, is it?

ETA: Hmm, I seem to be missing an "r" as well, I'll have to go fix that....and I put this here before the Off-Topic section came back; TOH, if you want to move this thread over there, feel free!

55 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

And I was saving up for a massive adjustment to the slow-mo tug of war (I was at 12+)

I'm curious about which direction you would have gone with that. ;)

The look of the new forums is going to take some getting used to for me, though I already see a couple features that will be useful, IE the file attachment method and hey look!! A like button! :D

• Good points.  Has a like button. 
  • Bad points deals badly with cut and pasted text. 
  • No apparent way to turn off WYSIWYG mode on the editor.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I second the WYSIWYG disadvantage. Where's my bbcode?

6 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

And I was saving up for a massive adjustment to the slow-mo tug of war (I was at 12+)

I was wondering how many we might have like that!  Hopefully the archive will be at least mostly recovered....

Hmm, that's interesting, it just broke up my "recovered" at the end of a line.  Got the hyphen in the right place, at least!

4 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

I was saving for a down.

You'll pay for that one!

*looks around for Looney's list*

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

So, I was reading into the Invision forums on this version of the forum software, and it seems there was a big glitch in BBCode and they're working on bringing it back. Until then, I could turn on the HTML format if that'll help you guys out, let me know if you'd like this.

Whew, back. Had me worried for a while there. I was beginning to think we might have to dust off the old forum on Keenspot.

I'm here again as well. But I'm sure this surprises nobody.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

Good Points: Very fast compared to the old one. Multiquote is handled quite well, except that adding commentary BEFORE the quotes is impossible without dragging the quotes around within the editor.
Bad Points: WYSIWYG (Though it is MUCH improved over the last one at least), and the BLINDING WHITE. My eyes bleed already. I'm not seeing any issues with copy pasta though.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Thirded. Either BBCode or HTML or Markup. Or all three, preferably.

1 hour ago, Arcanimus said:

I like the new layout, but I miss the darker color scheme. *shrugs*

Mine eyes. They is pain.

33 minutes ago, Robin said:

So, I was reading into the Invision forums on this version of the forum software, and it seems there was a big glitch in BBCode and they're working on bringing it back. Until then, I could turn on the HTML format if that'll help you guys out, let me know if you'd like this.

I'd be super down for that.

9 hours ago, CritterKeepe said:

I was wondering how many we might have like that!  Hopefully the archive will be at least mostly recovered....

Hmm, that's interesting, it just broke up my "recovered" at the end of a line.  Got the hyphen in the right place, at least!

You'll pay for that one!

/me has list out, but /me is confused as to what need to go in
/me puts the list back, baffled.

I'm back as well.

Not sure how I feel about losing the old forum. It's sad that we lost so much. But there is also a liberating feeling of being cleansed, of losing the baggage of the past to start anew. So mixed feelings.

The new forum looks nice either way: perhaps it is the whiteness that is causing the feeling of being cleansed.

17 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

15 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

I was saving for a down.

11 hours ago, CritterKeepe said:

You'll pay for that one!

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

/me has list out, but /me is confused as to what need to go in
/me puts the list back, baffled.

Does that make it any clearer?  I was seeing it as a play off of "saving for a downpayment," hence my phrasing as "You'll pay for that!"  I dunno, maybe I was seeing a pun-ish wordplay where none was intended?

15 hours ago, Robin said:

As programmer, I would say that HTML is much harder to filter and therefore more likely to contain bug in processing ... as a forum poster, yes please.

... I see you already did. Thank you.

8 hours ago, Sweveham said:

I'm back as well.

Not sure how I feel about losing the old forum. It's sad that we lost so much. But there is also a liberating feeling of being cleansed, of losing the baggage of the past to start anew. So mixed feelings.

I don't like losing baggage no matter how heavy it is.