• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
CritterKeeper

Check in here -- Welcome back!

Ok Updated my Profile
Changed Display name form ScifiterX to PSadlon (wanted to be recognized as who I was before I did)

6 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Hooray!!  Our fearless leader has returned to us!  *glomp*

*glomps by dogpile*

On 3/5/2016 at 5:26 AM, Aura Guardian said:

And I was saving up for a massive adjustment to the slow-mo tug of war (I was at 12+)

Hey! I am so way past that. Even though I also had 12+ points... :demonicduck:

Oi! Where is my duck?!?

33 minutes ago, PSadlon said:

Changed Display name form ScifiterX to PSadlon (wanted to be recognized as who I was before I did)

Well, a lot of people changed theirs, so no biggie.

Ay well, the forum kinda needed a reset anyway with all the clutter.

I'm back and Robin has kindly returned me to moderator status. I will have to reconstruct the FAQ and courtesy rules from the ground up, I suspect, but at least that means I will get to get all the rules we have now in one single easy to read post.

On 6 March 2016 at 9:02 AM, mlooney said:
  • Good points.  Has a like button. 
  • Bad points deals badly with cut and pasted text. 
  • No apparent way to turn off WYSIWYG mode on the editor.

What the heck is WYSIWYG?

7 hours ago, That Old Hack said:

Hey all.

Been a bit preoccupied. I am now back to see what is going on. Hope all is well here.

~tOH.

Yes! You're back!

29 minutes ago, partner555 said:

What the heck is WYSIWYG?

WYSIWYG is short for "What You See Is What You Get" meaning if you see bold text when you type it, you get bold text when you post it.

You don't see the coding required to accomplish that formatting unless you click on Source.

Hey there. My name is Zee, I write fanfic (all on AO3) and I just got approved on the last version of this site before it died. Looking forward to good stuff on this incarnation.

6 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

If you don't remember me, it's probably because (I'm pretty sure) this is one of several sites where I was using the screen name "Warrl". I decided this is a good time to change it.

Perhaps we need a consolidated place to list all the nickname changes?

6 hours ago, exterminator said:

Maybe you knew already, but you can change your screen name if you go to Account Settings (in you name in the web head) up to three times a month, so no one's stuck with any screen name here. I don't know if this was possible in the old forums, though, but the more you know...

I discovered that when I made a typo on my initial registration.  Personally, I hope people don't change nicks often, too confusing.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Very strange seeing you without your pundit hat (aka moderator title). Hope you can handle being one of us until that's been remedied. ;)

Kidding aside, I can't wait till we can get all the sub forums remade for Story, NP, Sketchbook and such, before this gets too cluttered.

I kinda liked having Story and NP in the same place, as long as we had the little red tags on Story posts to distinguish them from NP ones.  However, I concede that if Dan ever starts doing Sketchbook posts with any sort of frequency again, things would get a bit cluttered.

5 hours ago, PSadlon said:

Ok Updated my Profile

Thank you for keeping your picture the same!  I'm going to have to find mine, I know it's around here somewhere....

4 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I'm back and Robin has kindly returned me to moderator status. I will have to reconstruct the FAQ and courtesy rules from the ground up, I suspect, but at least that means I will get to get all the rules we have now in one single easy to read post.

Congrats on getting your rank back!  We look forward to the return of the courtesy rules, and the inevitable tweaks they'll need as people misbehave.  We are once again in good hands!

2 hours ago, Zee McZed said:

Hey there. My name is Zee, I write fanfic (all on AO3) and I just got approved on the last version of this site before it died. Looking forward to good stuff on this incarnation.

Welcome, Zee!  TOH, since we don't currently have a Newbie Intro section, should we do an intro thread in Off-Topic, or will we be getting a new intro section?

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

I kinda liked having Story and NP in the same place, as long as we had the little red tags on Story posts to distinguish them from NP ones.  However, I concede that if Dan ever starts doing Sketchbook posts with any sort of frequency again, things would get a bit cluttered.

I'm thinking more along the lines of when we get more threads going again, if I ever needed to look back at an older thread, it'd likely be easier to find if they were in their own section. Sure it'll likely still get to be an issue as more threads are made, but it'll take longer. ;)

Also there are the pinups that we had been using the sketchbook section to comment on, surprised no one has made threads for the latest round that went up during the forum downtime.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Welcome, Zee!  TOH, since we don't currently have a Newbie Intro section, should we do an intro thread in Off-Topic, or will we be getting a new intro section?

Eep! I forgot that. I'll ask Robin to set one up!

A WILD ZORUA REAPPEARS!

Hi everyone. How's life?

Also, it's weird to see Hack without the Mr. Raven icon. Creepy...

5 hours ago, Zee McZed said:

And I don't think I gave you a Newbie Pack before the forum went belly-up on us. You and about one or two others, I think. Ah well. Something to think about.

Oh, and I think I have something laying around here... Ah. Here it is. Lemme dust this off, throw in some new words, and...

56dfd2f7df0ad_PartyElliot-TheForumIsBack

6 hours ago, Zorua said:

And I don't think I gave you a Newbie Pack before the forum went belly-up on us. You and about one or two others, I think. Ah well. Something to think about.

Newbie Pack? You have Newbie Packs here? Most forums I frequented in the past just threw a cookie at your head and were done with it.

3 hours ago, Zee McZed said:

Newbie Pack? You have Newbie Packs here? Most forums I frequented in the past just threw a cookie at your head and were done with it.

Zorua is a generous soul who is carrying on with an old, old EGS tradition of giving newbie packs to new arrivals. Hopefully we shall soon have a new introductions forum to do it in; I have requested of Robin that he make one. :)

6 hours ago, Zee McZed said:

Be careful of any cookies people throw at you around here, there's no telling what they'll do.

Hi there. I'm a new member, but an old fan. I've read EGS since 2008, I think, and it's absolutely my favorite webcomic. (Well, I don't actually read that many webcomics, but still.) I've also read the old forums for years, but for some reason I just never bothered to join you guys. Then, when the old forums crashed and you lost everything, I figured that what the heck, I may as well join up now that everyone has to start from scratch.

(There isn't a Newbie Intro section yet, right? I forgot to check before I began typing this post.)

58 minutes ago, Lady Pentrose said:

Be careful of any cookies people throw at you around here, there's no telling what they'll do.

My cookies are fine, and if they hit the floor, 5 second rule applies.

It's Critterkeeper's cookies you have to worry about. ;)

1 hour ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Hi there. I'm a new member, but an old fan. I've read EGS since 2008, I think, and it's absolutely my favorite webcomic. (Well, I don't actually read that many webcomics, but still.) I've also read the old forums for years, but for some reason I just never bothered to join you guys. Then, when the old forums crashed and you lost everything, I figured that what the heck, I may as well join up now that everyone has to start from scratch.

(There isn't a Newbie Intro section yet, right? I forgot to check before I began typing this post.)

Hello SeriousJupiter, welcome to the forums! We don't have a Newbie Intro Section yet but Hack requested one, so we should get one soon.

4 hours ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

Otherwise known as Eldritch_Crank

Ah, yes. That was it. I knew your original name was something relating to an unhappy mood. I kept thinking it was "Something_Wrath", but knew that wasn't it.

Okay, so i'm here.

Kind of a shame about the old forum. So much good posting lost...

It was really annoying when it was completely down though. There was so much theorizing about the comic's new pages that I wanted to share but can no longer remember and needed to vent at the time. Hence why there's now a rather crackpot-ish theory on EGS' Wild Mass Guessing page on TVTropes. So... that happened.

Hi there!

I only discovered EGS a few weeks ago, so I never got the opportunity to post on the old forum. The initial archive binge over a few days (and nights) was probably the longest and most intense one I have ever embarked on, and I somewhat regret the haste now, when I have to join all the old fans in their patient waiting... But seeing the amazing art evolution and all the links between storylines in such a compressed form was still very enjoyable. Certainly one of the best webcomics I've ever read.

We've all been there at some point, it never hurts to re-read through the comic multiple times at a slower pace, you might pick up on something you missed during the binge and also reading the commentaries can be amusing and insightful as well.