• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
HarJIT

Last Post Wins

I prefer brownies, myself.

Being neutral is more fun, anyway. You're free to kick the puppy at your leisure, but under no obligation to.

Silly CK. It's never a bad time for pie. ...unless you're skydiving. Or on the front lines. Or in the middle of an operation. Or when you're a player in a sporting event, or behind the wheel, or when playing a musical instrument, or during a test, or- *gets pied*

The Shamrock Shake, like the McRib, is addictive.  However, if you have too many of either over a prolonged period, the disgustingness of the substance can overcome the addictive properties.  That is why they only appear briefly.

And green Guinness is an aberration almost as horrific as a Cockney-French Vampider.

With my high tolerance for alcohol, anything less than 30-proof is just bad-tasting water.

It can be a problem when the only reason you drink is to get drunk, but I'm putting the brakes on it for a while.

30-proof? Neat, but I want to know someone with high tolerance for 80 to 120-proof. Also because for the fact that I truly cannot drink

... and I'm a born-in Latter-day Saint, so naturally I don't know what my alcohol tolerance is.  However, I do know what my skill at proof by induction is, namely less than I would have liked (at least at the moment), although I do get the gist.

Also, relevant:

Do I win now?  Thought not.

I have no idea of my tolerance because I can't stand the taste of alcohol and thus don't drink.  It would be a great scam if it ween't true, because almost every time I tell people this, someone insists that they know of something that there's no way I'd be able to taste the alcohol, and/or that it's so great I won't mind, and a fair few offer to get me some to try.  Thanks to the fact that my area's Regional Gathering has an event called Pretentious Drinking, I have had the chance to try a sip of quite a variety of alcoholic beverages, and every single one tastes like cough medicine to me.  They're disgusting and I just can't manage more than a little sip, before making the exact same face cats make when they smell alcohol.

I tried starting with watered wine, but that either has so little flavor to it that there's no point, or it passes the threshold for cat-face.  The only thing I ever tried that was anywhere close to acceptable was a mead at a RenFaire, but I've tried other meads since then with no luck.

At this point, I'm happy to just be a non-drinker -- I've seen how much other people spend on booze, and I've seen the stupid things people do when drunk.  I grew up in a university town, and after every weekend there were blurbs in the paper about kids falling off balconies, getting hospitalized for alcohol poisoning, passing out at frat parties with tragic results, stepping out in front of cars, or whatever else.  I can have fun without alcohol, so why bother?

Ugh. I was going to do a long and personal post, but then my internal censor kicked in. I guess I'm still not ready to share.

That said, I've been trying to take it easy on the sauce. I don't have any particular reason for it, I just wanted to see how long I could make it this time.

You and me both, CK.

Sober benefits are the best after every party (or after a huge round of drinks, Iunno). Driving...

I don't know about all that. I drink alone, and I don't like parties. Every one I've ever gone to I just ended up as a wallflower and leaving shortly thereafter. I don't socialize well in person. Large groups (more than 5) just make me shut down.