• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
HarJIT

Last Post Wins

I, too have found the I.W.I.N. button. It did not end well, for I was immediately accosted by a restoration Druid and two rogues. I much prefer my Y.O.U.L.O.S.E. button, anyway.

Ah, the old Warcraft battlegrounds. I still remember one of my greatest battles ever. I was playing my Forsaken priestess at the time. The call to battle sounded while I was out fishing and I immediately got teleported to the Arathi Basin. Before I could even orient myself the gates opened and the battle began. After that there was no time for anything save do or die as the vile Alliance scum pressed the noble Horde to our limits. I was kept busy healing and warding our defenders every single moment and it was one of the damndest closest-run things I had ever seen. The scores of both sides raced towards the 2000 win condition with the advantage constantly switching back and forth until we finally claimed victory with a final score of 2000 to 1980.

It was only as we victoriously returned to Orgrimmar to march triumphantly down the streets that I realised I still had my fishing rod equipped. I had fought the whole battle wielding my fishing rod instead of my holy staff. In hindsight I suspect that an undead priestess loses a good deal of her intimidation factor when she is menacingly brandishing a fishing rod instead of a staff.

I suspect an undead priestess gains a whole lot more intimidation factor than she loses by wielding a fishing rod.

9 hours ago, Arcanimus said:

I suspect an undead priestess gains a whole lot more intimidation factor than she loses by wielding a fishing rod.

I suppose that is possible. But in retrospect I wonder what the rest of the players in that battleground were thinking. "WTF? Why is she using a fishing rod? What are the stats on that thing and why is it better than a staff?" :icon_eek:

7 hours ago, Red Regent said:

Regent: Then again that meant your priestess had a wicked right hook! ZING!

Celia: *facepalm*

I think you had better try another pick-up line with her. Or she might reel you in... :danshiftyeyes:

18 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I suppose that is possible. But in retrospect I wonder what the rest of the players in that battleground were thinking. "WTF? Why is she using a fishing rod? What are the stats on that thing and why is it better than a staff?" :icon_eek:

There was Seth's Graphite Fishing Pole that not only did 60-90 damage per hit, but also had +52 stamina so it could easily pass as a decent battle fishing rod. ;)

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

There was Seth's Graphite Fishing Pole that not only did 60-90 damage per hit, but also had +52 stamina so it could easily pass as a decent battle fishing rod. ;)

Yeah, I remember that one. Sadly did not have it. Some guy managed to dream up an exploit with it by stacking insane enchantments on it and maxing his Fishing skill. You could substitute your Fishing skill for weapon skill with a fishing rod and since unlike ordinary weapons it was not limited by level he was sheer murder with it on PvP battlegrounds. >.<

Blizzard nerfed that one rather than seeing its low level battlegrounds turn into fly fishing meets. I suppose they had to, though I admit I would have liked seeing Horde and Alliance go toe to toe dressed in waders and packing nets on poles.

*water floods the field and brings with it a lot of eels*

Regent: Eels... wonder if they're edible. Wish I had a fishing rod now...

Celia: Beyond asking "Why do you wish to catch and eat these fish?" I must ask "Why do you not have a fishing rod when you carry many a wild and crazy weaponry instead?"

Regent: I like being prepared for combat operations, not so much for hunting and fishing.

Celia: I somehow am disbelieving in that. In any event, does anyone here have bait in their possession?

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

You have grenades, don't you? Arm one and drop it into water. Boom. Fish killed by shockwave float to the surface.

Regent: Gonna pass on that, it's an effective strategy for sure but waaaay too damaging to the environment.

Celia: [muttering] You fail to mention that instance where you fished in such a manner and angered a local Aboleth and the innocent yet provoked creature switched our bodies...

Regent: Don't remind me. Though to be fair I guess that's what you get when you go on a camping trip to "Lake Dialogo" after having relationship problems.

Celia: I attempted to persuade you of the lake's magical properties but you did not wish to listen!

Regent: And to be fair we still ended up talking about our problems in the end...

Celia: ...yes I think we were both wrong and right... wait, is this that cat conundrum again?

Regent: You mean Schrodinger? No, not quite.

Regent: I'd assume you should just smell it. Sushi gone bad is hard not to recoil at...

Celia: What is this... sushi you speak of?

Regent: Food item of Pre-Sunder Asian origin, it's either fish or vegetables wrapped in rice which is sometimes wrapped in seaweed.

Celia: *interested* Sounds delicious! Could we perhaps have some someday?

Regent: I don't see why not...

*overhears RR and Celia*
There are seven days in a week. Someday isn't one of them. Now works for me. Activate the sushi cannons!
*presses a button, unleashing several thousand kilograms of high-quality sushi upon the battlefield*

RR: I guess now would work-

CM: INCOMIIIIIING!

RR: But it's food so get a bag or something!

*Regent and Celia get pelted with sushi just before Celia can get an energy shield up*

CM: I can keep this shield up for some time so if you wish to gather food I would suggest you start now!

*Regent gets some of the plastic bags he stores in his backpack and starts collecting the Japanese mana from heaven*

RR: My only concern is what to do with the excess; I mean we can only eat so much of this...

CM: I can see to that once I'm no longer preoccupied with maintaining a shield over us. Though I must admit I'm hungry. Strange it feels as if we've been stuck in the same position for literally a month...

RR: Hunger does that to you sometimes. Wanna bite? *holds some of the sushi next to Celia*

CM: What?

RR: Well you are hungry, and you sound like you'd like a bite to eat, so why not have this? Already dipped it in soy sauce and everything.

CM: *recoils slightly* What is this made of?

RR: Fish, rice, seaweed, and some veggies; come on take a bite! You'll love it.

CM: Alright... *takes a hesitant bite* Mmm... *takes another, more confident bite* Mmm! I think I'll have some more!

*Celia drops the shields and starts eating some of the sushi near her, completely failing to notice that in doing so poor old Regent gets pelted with - and eventually buried by - Sushi*

RR: HALP. I've fallen and the sticky rice on the sushi's glued me to the ground and I can't get up!

*Celia completely ignores Regent's pleas for help and eats away until she smells the eye-watering whiff of wasabi*

CM: Oh wow that stings my ears. Rex what is that?

*Regent is still buried beneath a pile of foodstuff*

CM: Rex? Where you at?

RR: I've been under your nose for a good half hour or so...

CM: Oh, let me get you out of there this instant!

*Celia waves her arms into the air doing a circular motion with them and starts to dissolve into a cloud of frost, that rematerializes into a larger block of ice, from where a Dragon bursts out*

Dragon!CM: Don't worry Rex I'm coming!

*Celia uses her large paws to dig Regent out of the pile of sushi and brings them towards herself*

RR: Careful! You're gonna claw me off something fierce... Oh... ohh good I'm out. *Forces himself up* Oh thanks dude you-

*Celia has rematerialized into her human form and has started eating the pile of sushi she just scrapped into a convenient pile*

RR: ...and people ask me why I started dating her.

16 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

/* wasabi gas floats across the battlefield */

Professor, do you have any idea from where the Wasabi Gas originated?  Some of the nice people at the Geneva Convention are investigating if this constitutes a war crime under the terms previously set for mustard gas.

Fair warning, you should cooperate with the investigators.  If they can not determine the actual source, they will assign blame and responsibility based on longstanding legal principles of he who smelt it and he who dealt it.

Now I am arranging a relief convoy of pickled ginger to cleanse the embattled palates.

RR: That wasabi is strong... stronger than anything I've had the misfortune of eating. If anyone needs help tracing it you got me and Celia at your disposal.

CM: What? Oh... oh yes we will provide any assistance we can. *continues eating*

RR: Also I think there was an in-joke somewhere there that I didn't quite catch... oh well.

*Looks on from the undisclosed location, clearly disappointed*
Needs Soy Sauce.
*pushes the button labeled Soy Sauce on the control panel*
*Dark clouds form over the dining/battle area*
*Soy sauce begins to rain shortly thereafter*
Much better.