• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
HarJIT

Last Post Wins

1 hour ago, Lyre said:

Apologies for the sudden redeparture, can't seem to drag myself away from the real life escapades.

Like how, while at work today, I may well have figured out why I've had so many issues over the years. That's good, I guess?

Real life can be terribly addictive.

And discovering something about oneself can feel unpleasant but is usually a good thing. Once I realised just how blindingly jealous I was of my brother, and how unnecessary it was, a great deal of my own issues became far more manageable.

10 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Real life can be terribly addictive.

And discovering something about oneself can feel unpleasant but is usually a good thing. Once I realised just how blindingly jealous I was of my brother, and how unnecessary it was, a great deal of my own issues became far more manageable.

Wasn't unpleasant, however you'd describe the feelings surrounding an epiphany? That would be it, in a nutshell. Still haven't quite come back from it. ^_^

22 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

RR: That and I'll be honest with you it gives you plenty of things to think on, and endless material to work with.

CM: (I believe that's called a "plug", here.)

12 hours ago, Lyre said:

Wasn't unpleasant, however you'd describe the feelings surrounding an epiphany? That would be it, in a nutshell. Still haven't quite come back from it. ^_^

RR: Usually you'll be taken out of it considerably. Last time I had a big ol' revelation of myself I ended up fighting myself for for a few days. If it helps try to meditate on it and set aside some time to have the old think on it; hopefully since you have a new understanding on what's bugging you or whatever it is, you'll have somewhere to start from when it comes to getting and/or implementing a solution.

On 2/11/2017 at 9:52 PM, Red Regent said:

RR: That and I'll be honest with you it gives you plenty of things to think on, and endless material to work with.

Thank you for sharing that link. Interesting article, it gave me a good deal to think about, and I am grateful for that. As to not finding a girlfriend, it took me more than thirty years to find one. On the plus side, she turned out to be a really good one and today I am married to her.

On 11 February 2017 at 8:52 PM, Red Regent said:

RR: Usually you'll be taken out of it considerably. Last time I had a big ol' revelation of myself I ended up fighting myself for for a few days. If it helps try to meditate on it and set aside some time to have the old think on it; hopefully since you have a new understanding on what's bugging you or whatever it is, you'll have somewhere to start from when it comes to getting and/or implementing a solution.

Mm, true.

Perhaps I should have explained some as to what I discovered? Might be best.

So, a few of the folks I work with got to talking about how we had difficulty determining our lefts from our rights; this progressed into the topic of dyslexia and its various forms (of which one of my team has, as an aside).

This led me to reading up on Dyspraxia in Adults, and hey, some of this describes me!

Which means I now get to talk to some professionals, should I choose to. Won't that be a bundle of fun.

2 hours ago, Lyre said:

This led me to reading up on Dyspraxia in Adults, and hey, some of this describes me!

I remember an interview with actor Henry Winkler.  Apparently, he had a job to narrate an educational film for elementary school students about Dyslexia.  About halfway through he realized that he wasn't helping kids like that, he was a kid like that.

I had a similar reaction when the Psychiatrist diagnosed me with Asperger's earlier this year.

It's not like I did it intentionally. It sort of just happened, and I went along with it for twenty-some years. Now everything is a tangled mess that's going to be even harder to deal with, on top of the stress of working as a manager in retail.
I'll just put the lid on and keep going until I can't anymore. *shrugs*

RR: Not sure if it's healthy but it's a good idea to just take things as they come and carry on as best you can. And speaking of carrying on... weren't we doing something? I remember it had something to do with giant slabs of meat, hoverships, sushi, and lederhosen. ..

*several hours of paperwork and boring things later*

RR: Well, they're going back into orbit with fresh stocks for the next week or so if the sushi lasts, the Kaaneph have taken the literal titan-ham as a peace offering, and we're still stuck with the laundry-anomaly that's probably not going to dissipate anytime soon. Boar-dome.

CM: Indeed; I have not had this many paper cuts since the time when this brash young lad clad in yellow with odd green heart knee and elbow pads attempted to kill me using playing cards like throwing knives.

RR: I'd drag us along for... something, but I don't think I should this time.

CM: That's oddly anti-proactive of you.

RR: *shrugs* I don't know, I want something to happen but i don't want to initiate it, fair?

CM: Fair...

20 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

No, the sushi went in the lederhosen. The slabs went under the hovercraft! How else would the eels get into it? <grumble grumble>

HEY! Who filled my hovercraft with eels? Pharaoh, godsdammit, didn't you tell that Marine friend of yours that he wasn't allowed to pilot it anymore?

RR: How does a Pharaoh have a marine? Did the Egyptians ever have a Egyptian Imperial Marine Corps?

CM: I am willing to wager... what is it called again? Civilization Logic?

RR: OK hold up, who's screwing with the timeline this time?

The eels were out of the stock pond last year and placed on back order.  I requested that the catalogue contact me to confirm the order before shipping, but they obviously missed that memo.

The Marine Corps, with the exception of a single ceremonial unit stationed in Europe, no longer deals with Eels.  If that particular Marine has a hovercraft full of eels, they aren't mine.  He had better be able to show his weekend pass and his fishing license.  If you left your hovercraft moored on the Marine pier instead of the Marina pier, it's really your own fault if a Marine took it by mistake.

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The eels were out of the stock pond last year and placed on back order.  I requested that the catalogue contact me to confirm the order before shipping, but they obviously missed that memo.

The Marine Corps, with the exception of a single ceremonial unit stationed in Europe, no longer deals with Eels.  If that particular Marine has a hovercraft full of eels, they aren't mine.  He had better be able to show his weekend pass and his fishing license.  If you left your hovercraft moored on the Marine pier instead of the Marina pier, it's really your own fault if a Marine took it by mistake.

*sigh* I suppose. And if any Marine would take it by mistake it would certainly be Gomer Pyle.

Celia: Didn't he end his own life at the end of the first half of the movie?

Rex: Dude! Spoilers!

Celia: Wait, I thought you had seen the entire movie...

Rex: The training parts of the movie gave me PTSD. *cringes*

Celia: ...I am uncertain if I wish to know more about that...

*pokes head out of a small portal near the duo*
I can't blame you. I've never seen more than the trailer and a bit of the scene in the barracks with R. Lee Ermey.
*retreats back into the portal before it closes*

Celia: *notices Arcanimus's person plop in and out in mere seconds* Huh, reminds me of that time we had to summon Iver in case of an emergency...

*A fist literally punches a hole through reality and a tall Asian-looking man with red hair, gloriously long beard, and mean build, dressed in something akin to a Skyrim cosplay, exits the rip*

Iver: Princess Myron, Rex, I hate to interrupt... whatever you two are doing at this time, but I come bearing bad news; we have a crisis.

Celia and Rex: What kind of crisis?

Iver: On Infinite Earths level crisis. *to anyone in earshot* I would suggest that if any of you have any experience with dealing with dimensional travel, that you come with us.

Rex: *as an aside* By the way, this is Saintly King Iver the Varl, the Southern Dragon and Great Conqueror. Long ago near the end of his reign he threw himself willingly into a chronosyncratic flux back in Celia's homeworld and became a time travelling hero, returning at will to our plane of existence in a time of great need, or if a crisis is to great for him alone to handle. This is looking more like the latter, and that's a bad sign.

*pops back out of the dimensional hole*
I'm listening, but I reserve the right to back out at any time.

Iver: I will accept any aid given. As of right now I am not entirely certain of what is occurring but whatever it is is affecting the extradimensional portals of three neighboring parallel dimensions and causing fragmentations in spacetime.

*head plops out of a portal* ???: And it's pretty bad. This is like the Time-Sunder, only worse.

*another head plops out* ???#2: In case you don't know, the Time-Sunder was an accident what occurred Agents of Task Force Proctor's anti-paranormal and psionics division created a splinter-tangential timeflux with their time-traveling machine that caused all the Earth in it's past, (then) present, and future iterations to be erased in the local timeline, this had the bizarre and as yet unexplained consequence of scattering fragmented partitions of Terran history into the temporal structure of all nearby alternate timelines or dimensions.

*head portal* ???#3: Ergo, the main "Earth" file was deleted, but some dingus decided to copy-paste elements of it into other similar documents at random intervals. Meaning Vikings vs. Samurai vs. Medieval Knights actually happened somewhere. That may also explain some or other persons having "Egypt dropped on them" for no adequately explained reason.

*portal* The Old Guard: *crap-eating grin with thumbs up and exit*

Celia: Does that mean Rex and I are... byproducts of this?

???#2 and #3: You could very well be; if not directly affected you can easily be descended from people affected by the event.

Iver: What are you three even doing here? Had I not assigned tasks for you to perform beforehand?

??? #1-2-3: We were but considering that we just lost the ability to travel to dimension #27 we kinda ran out of ideas. That and we could only really create a stable portal to this place your Kingliness.

*the three strangers are pulled back into their portals by a force; their respective portals closing immediately afterward*

*a Naginata blade rips a hole through space time and a female warrior clad in robes and armor with a certain rose motif enters the scene*

Strange Warrior: Walang hahadlang sa pananakop ng Reyna ng Paglupig! Humada kayo!

*several more portals open as six more warriors enter the field*

Rex: They're working for the so-called "Queen of Subjugation" and as you can probably tell they're not messing around. Prepare yourselves.

*looks up* Dammit, did it have to happen just as I was upgrading the entire core of the central unit of my Chron-O-John? Wait. Why am I even asking this? Massive dimensional crises always happen when the time machine is out of order or malfunctioning. *muttermuttergrumble*