• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
HarJIT

Last Post Wins

::After observing the bizarre portals and other random stuff happen:: I need my equipment if I'm going to make any attempts to fix all this, be right...

::A portal opens next to him and an aged version of himself steps through:: I can tell you now, that won't work.

Scotty1: Great, are you here to help, did you figure out how to repair this mess?

Scotty2: Kinda, maybe, not really... Just here to tell you that what you plan on doing won't work.

Scotty1: Well you're here so something must have worked.

Scotty2: I'm here because you weren't here when what you did didn't work.

Scotty1: Wait, what?

Scotty2: You were just about to go to your lab and try to force the portals closed right?

Scotty1: That was an idea, yes...you mean?

Scotty2: BOOM!

Scotty1: Oh...well...huh... and you're saying that you...or we, never figured out what went wrong?

Scotty2: Well I did run other scenarios, and all seemed to have the same results, so yeah.

Scotty1: So there's nothing we can do?

Scotty2: Well that's something.

Scotty1: What?

Scotty2: Just what you said, do nothing.

Scotty1: So....ride it out like you would a storm?

Scotty2: Exactly, this phenomenon should pass eventually, as any attempts to force it have ended catastrophically, the only solution left would be to let it end naturally.

Scotty1: And this should work?

Scotty2: Maybe, I dunno, there wasn't enough data on this to properly simulate so my guess is as good as yours, but still worth trying, considering the alternatives.

Scotty1: Sounds logical, what the worst that can happen?

Scotty2: Spending the next thirty years obsessing over what went wrong?

Scotty1:...Right...

Scotty2: Anyway, gotta go, if you don't hear from me again, this either worked, or you died. No pressure.

Scotty1: ....Riiiiight....

::Future Scotty re-enters the portal and it disappears::

::Present Scotty pulls up a chair and sits, looking around:: Anyone got a beer....or 24?

10 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Massive dimensional crises always happen when the time machine is out of order or malfunctioning

Engineers in a secret lab developed the means to bring biological specimens forward through time.
After bringing forward several dozen plant samples from the Late Carboniferous period, the team went out to celebrate.
Unfortunately, they didn't secure the equipment properly.
By the time the lab crew returned, a swarm of Dragon Flies with two foot wingspans had destroyed their research.
When all the damage had been cleaned up, the director could only look at the crew with disappointment and say...

"Time Flies.  While you're having fun."

At least this hasn't degenerated into roleplay yet.  It took the Warframe forums a page and a half to do that - it's now a shade under thirteen thousand pages long.

- Zid, currently winning

That's pretty good. The original Last Post Wins thread on Mayhem reached over three thousand pages. With roleplaying.

*checks*

Yep, 3012.

On 4/24/2017 at 8:49 AM, Yzjdriel said:

At least this hasn't degenerated into roleplay yet.

Wait... that hasn't happened yet? What the heck are we doing guys? Get going! Chop chop!

Yeah, you're right, what are we waiting for?

Let's start with a place to roleplay in.

*waves, and a grassy plain shimmers into existence* There we go. I name this The Field of Roleplaying.

1 minute ago, OzLionHeart said:

Yeah, you're right, what are we waiting for?

A backdrop? That's easily arranged.

*waves, and a grassy plain shimmers into existence* There we go. I name this The Field of Roleplaying.

Scatter some monsters around as well, get my trusty sword and shield, time to grind some XP!!

Umm, wait, what kind of roleplaying ARE we talking about here?

What kind do yo like?

I personally favour the "let your OCs loose and watch what happens" style, myself, but I'm flexible.

I have no intention of unleashing Ellie onto any of you.  That's just too much of a weird time.  I'd bring Amotmilqart or Cedric to an RP here, though.

/* PlotHole opens */

ProfessorTomoe: "Role play, yes? We experimented with that many years ago. Several of them are still growing in the laboratory. Not doing too well at the moment, we fear."

/* PlotHole closes */

Doot (currently winning)

If y'all ain't gonna make this into an RP thread...

Who said it's not going to become an RP thread?

*gestures, and a house pops out of the ground* There we go. Welcome to the House of RPing. Enjoy.

*turns and enters the house*