• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
WillikaKillika

Story for Friday, September 30, 2016

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2256

Panel 2: Man, Edward has got that 'raising one eyebrow' thing down pat. It takes my utmost concentration to do that, especially with my right eyebrow. I can't really imagine doing that in conversation, unless I was trying to be cheesy.

This is a supremely clever reason to name this story arc "Everyone needs to talk", not because the arc is 100% conversation, but because everyone is calling Elliot on his cell.

20 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Of the main 8, 7 are soon going to be in Tedd's basement.  Is Susan just going to bring Justin along?

Justin's going to miss meeting Ashley if he doesn't.

Also Grace gets to meet Ashley now so here's hoping her relationship senses jiggle in a positive way. ;)

Just another typical day of life. One minute, you're talking about your current problems in life. Then the next minute, they escalate until you can touch the moon with them..... You know what I meant.

Then again, Elliot's life isn't really a typically normal one.

Oh also, Tensaided might have offered to give Susan the day off, but we don't know for sure if she actually took it, yeah there's a possibility that if she didn't hear about what happened at the mall until Tendsaided told her she might want to see if he's ok. We don't really know how the conversation went afterwe briefly saw them, but it's possible that Susan might just be texting Elliot to warn him about Tensaided knowing, she probably doesn't know that Elliot's already talking to Edward. Ashley on the other hand, Elliot might have told her that he'd have to talk to someone about the incident. Sarah's likely wanting to tell Elliot about her recent visit with Pandora and how magic needs to be saved, hopefully we'll see how much Pandora told her, though will she be willing to talk about it with Edward?

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Of the main 8, 7 are soon going to be in Tedd's basement.  Is Susan just going to bring Justin along?

Let's see. Susan is going to bring Justin. At that moment, Justin happens to be in the company of Luke and due to a verbal miscommunication brings him along. Ashley is initially alone but near the entrance to the Verres home she spots a hurt puppy, picks it up and brings it along. Soon after, Good Tom and his girlfriend dramatically enter through a window, intending to save the puppy. That is when Sarah arrives, but speaking of puppies, Larry has attached himself to her and she hasn't had the heart to tell him to go away. Both are being shadowed by a suspicious Rich who believes that something conspiracious is going on.

Meanwhile, Tensaided has decided to close early that day. Seeing that Rich is trailing Sarah and Larry, he suspects that Rich is up to no good and follows him to lay down the decahedronic law on him. However, George had just then decided to rent the latest Jason D. Poit movie and spotted Tensaided close the place early. He promptly gives chase, hoping to make Tensaided reopen the store a moment. But as it happens, Greg and Dex spots the cavalcade and attach themselves to its rear end because Greg is worried about what is going on.

This is when Twilight Sparkle rings the doorbell to the Verres place, looking for Tara and Andrea. (Shut up. The other side has griffins, right? Then it has unicorns, too. By my mandate.) A somewhat bewildered Grace opens the door for her at which point practically everybody else arrives...

Cue Marx Brothers stateroom scene.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Sarah's likely wanting to tell Elliot about her recent visit with Pandora and how magic needs to be saved, hopefully we'll see how much Pandora told her, though will she be willing to talk about it with Edward?

I doubt she'll tell Edward, unless she can explain how she met Pandora, without revealing that she can pause time with magic.

On September 30, 2016, Edward Verres said:

There'd be no undoing it if he actually did get you killed...He'd potentially be stuck with it for a very, very long time.

Might Helena and Demetrius have deliberately arranged an improper reset to escape a similar fate?

3 hours ago, Darkxemjas said:

I doubt she'll tell Edward, unless she can explain how she met Pandora, without revealing that she can pause time with magic.

Except Sarah can't actually pause time, it's just a simulation in her head of that precise moment in time that she can play around with however she wants.

56 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

I wonder if Elliot will ever realize that he's currently a model for what happens to vow-breaking immortals.

He's a model for vow-keeping immortals atm.

Also: breaking a vow is actually a serious deal the way Verres is describing it in this comic, as some sort of immortal hyper-PTSD.

6 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Wow. That will require several buckets of popcorn. And here I was thinking that I could just as well crawl into bed as there was nothing interesting on TV. Thanks for saving my Friday night. 

5 hours ago, Stature said:

Pfft... This boosts the proposition that EGS in now, for a huge while, Ellio(t)-centric. :demonicduck:

Much like The Lord of the Ring starts with Frodo as the hero, it ends with Sam as the hero.

This page has references to four out of five of Elliot's potential harem members:

1. Nanase (watching and listening right next to Elliot).
  2. Susan
  3. Ashley
  4. Sarah

The missing one is Diane, and we don't know she's given up on Elliot yet.

Well, I guess Justin could count as Number Six, but he hasn't even been mentioned in Sister III so far, has he? Except for non-canon NPs, we haven't seen Justin since Squirrel Prophet.

15 hours ago, WillikaKillika said:

Panel 2: Man, Edward has got that 'raising one eyebrow' thing down pat. It takes my utmost concentration to do that, especially with my right eyebrow. I can't really imagine doing that in conversation, unless I was trying to be cheesy.

Nimoy was better.

15 hours ago, WillikaKillika said:

This is a supremely clever reason to name this story arc "Everyone needs to talk", not because the arc is 100% conversation, but because everyone is calling Elliot on his cell.

Yes. Although those seems to be SMS.

13 hours ago, exterminator said:

Well, they let Tensaided met Cheerleadra to guarantee he hired Elliot. With a reason like that, if Mr. Verres got wind of it he would chew their ears off.

It wasn't brightest idea, but they didn't told him MUCH.

12 hours ago, mlooney said:

Why do you think they will came to Tedd's basement? Especially Sarah have good reason not to.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

There'd be no undoing it if he actually did get you killed...He'd potentially be stuck with it for a very, very long time.

Might Helena and Demetrius have deliberately arranged an improper reset to escape a similar fate?

... based on Jerry, arranging an improper reset is not so hard. You only need to leave some magic item powered by you. We are not sure how effective that would be, though ...

1 hour ago, mlooney said:
6 hours ago, Stature said:

Pfft... This boosts the proposition that EGS in now, for a huge while, Ellio(t)-centric. :demonicduck:

Much like The Lord of the Ring starts with Frodo as the hero, it ends with Sam as the hero.

... did someone told Aragorn? :)

10 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Let's see. Susan is going to bring Justin. At that moment, Justin happens to be in the company of Luke and due to a verbal miscommunication brings him along. Ashley is initially alone but near the entrance to the Verres home she spots a hurt puppy, picks it up and brings it along. Soon after, Good Tom and his girlfriend dramatically enter through a window, intending to save the puppy. That is when Sarah arrives, but speaking of puppies, Larry has attached himself to her and she hasn't had the heart to tell him to go away. Both are being shadowed by a suspicious Rich who believes that something conspiracious is going on.

Meanwhile, Tensaided has decided to close early that day. Seeing that Rich is trailing Sarah and Larry, he suspects that Rich is up to no good and follows him to lay down the decahedronic law on him. However, George had just then decided to rent the latest Jason D. Poit movie and spotted Tensaided close the place early. He promptly gives chase, hoping to make Tensaided reopen the store a moment. But as it happens, Greg and Dex spots the cavalcade and attach themselves to its rear end because Greg is worried about what is going on.

This is when Twilight Sparkle rings the doorbell to the Verres place, looking for Tara and Andrea. (Shut up. The other side has griffins, right? Then it has unicorns, too. By my mandate.) A somewhat bewildered Grace opens the door for her at which point practically everybody else arrives...

You forgot that Sarah is with Sam. So Larry is trailing them hoping Sam screws up bad enough that Sarah needs rescued, and Rich is trailing Larry because he's a suspicious git.

----

Also, it appears that Elliot is happiest to hear from Ashley. Whereas Susan's message has him confused, and Sarah's, concerned.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Hasn't Elliot always been the main character?  He speaks the first line in the comic after all, and I think is in more of the arcs and action scenes than anybody else. 

1 hour ago, malloyd said:

Hasn't Elliot always been the main character?  He speaks the first line in the comic after all, and I think is in more of the arcs and action scenes than anybody else. 

I think that there could be different main characters for different story arcs. Unfortunately, I am not enough of an alpha reader to tell you which chapters have which main character. My examples would be:

Sister I: Elliot

Painted Black: Grace

Second Life: Ellen