• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
WillikaKillika

Story for Friday, September 30, 2016

10 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It wasn't brightest idea, but they didn't told him MUCH.

They established Elliot as the only one with a real connection with the only real-life superhero known. That's the exact same thing Mr. Verres said Justin did wrong.

17 hours ago, mlooney said:

Much like The Lord of the Ring starts with Frodo as the hero, it ends with Sam as the hero.

Indeed. Funnily enough, I have been expecting focus to switch to Tedd sooner or later. But the explanation for my thoughts probably belongs in the speculation threads.

Sky    3

I'm really glad to see someone raising awareness of what OCD really is. Sometimes it's like sharing your head with a bully who actively hates you and picks at your every single fault - imagined or otherwise. Sometimes it involves cataloguing every single mistake or bad thing in your life and repeatedly stewing on them. The part that people see is only a tiny fraction of it, and it almost unanimously it seems to make them feel like they are the real victims of your condition. Which is awful.

But mostly it's like having a godamn fire alarm klaxon going off in your head almost constantly, with the brief silences that almost make things worse by showing you just how good it is when that sodding alarm isn't going off. A truly OCD person can become stressed over literally nothing because their brain invents hypotheticals that are often impossible or stupidly unlikely.

And yeah, a lot of the time preforming a specific repetitive action switches off that alarm for a while and soothes your nerves. That action can be tidying, or flipping a light switch to make sure it's off, or washing your hands to get rid of germs, chemicals, or just vague 'contaminates'.

Or arguing on the internet to quell the little voice that says 'the other guy is right'.

11 hours ago, exterminator said:
22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It wasn't brightest idea, but they didn't told him MUCH.

They established Elliot as the only one with a real connection with the only real-life superhero known. That's the exact same thing Mr. Verres said Justin did wrong.

Yes. You may notice, however, that Justin still has head on his shoulders. Neck. Whatever. Mr. Verres said it was mistake, but he didn't punish him.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Yes. You may notice, however, that Justin still has head on his shoulders. Neck. Whatever. Mr. Verres said it was mistake, but he didn't punish him.

Do you think Edward will chew out Susan?

Sky    3

So lets all take our clothes off and go running in the buff!

(And now you will mentally insert that line whenever you hear that song) :tongue:

4 hours ago, Sky said:

So lets all take our clothes off and go running in the buff!

(And now you will mentally insert that line whenever you hear that song) :tongue:

Which won't be a problem for me because I never hear that song.

23 hours ago, Scotty said:
On 10/01/2016 at 0:14 AM, hkmaly said:

Do you think Edward will chew out Susan?

I think he will handle it exactly same as with Justin.

Edwards actual worry is that they told him more, but they didn't, he realized it himself after the mall incident.

Keep in mind, also, that Susan told one person, whereas Justin told the news.  (Tensaided still could tell others, but that's still better than the news, where lots of people finding out is pretty much guaranteed.  Of course, if he tells people now, they'll just think that he's basing it off what Voltaire said... at this point, he doesn't really know much more than most other people.)

7 minutes ago, chridd said:

Keep in mind, also, that Susan told one person, whereas Justin told the news.  (Tensaided still could tell others, but that's still better than the news, where lots of people finding out is pretty much guaranteed.  Of course, if he tells people now, they'll just think that he's basing it off what Voltaire said... at this point, he doesn't really know much more than most other people.)

Also keep in mind that Justin didn't say anything that could connect back to Elliot, although George assumed pretty quick the there was a connection but that was more because George was observant. Susan gave Tensaided a direct connection between Elliot and Cheerleadra by saying he knows her and "is Lois Lane to her Superman", Elliot did end up perpetuating it by having Cheerleadra visit Tensaided and then told him that he could call Elliot if he saw any trouble. It probably wouldn't have been an issue if Voltaire didn't call out Cheerleadra as being Elliot though.