• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
partner555

Pinup: Oct 2, 2016 (Triple Girly Tedd)

Hmm, not sure I'd call that more girlie, just different girlie, but either way, it's an adorable image!  And Dan really could put both this and Link Grace in the Sketchbook section....

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Is she running somewhere, or is she posing for an anime movie poster?

She's definitely posing and if she's actually running there is high risk of collision with something.

5 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Hmm, not sure I'd call that more girlie, just different girlie, but either way, it's an adorable image!

It's more sexy than the "double girly" Tedd, but I'm not sure if it's more CUTE - seems equally cute to me. Still can count as more girlie.

I like to think of Tedd's "extra-girly" forms as being her way of letting out that side that is suppressed by the need to act male. Basically, this is letting Tedd's "other half" have free reign for a while. No need to hide behind excuses such as "because it's hawt" as with the extra-sexy forms (for example, http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=666 ).

16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

She's definitely posing and if she's actually running there is high risk of collision with something.

Trope-filled mind says it is either a telephone pole or a one of the stage light poles.

Snrk. Snap out of it - Tedd does these morphs more often.

11 hours ago, ijuin said:

I like to think of Tedd's "extra-girly" forms as being her way of letting out that side that is suppressed by the need to act male. Basically, this is letting Tedd's "other half" have free reign for a while.

Tedd self-identifies as gender-fluid, but we mostly see Tedd wanting to be a girl.  I keep waiting for him to declare that he really feels like a guy at some point, and I can't wait to see him trying out the extra-manly counterpart to her extra-girly form.  It feels like she's been stuck in the male form when she wanted to be female so often, that there's a sort of psychic backlash, and I'm hoping that once she's had some quality be-a-real-girl time on a regular basis, then he'll be ready to really experience being a guy, too.  (Not saying that Tedd *has* to spend equal time as a guy, just that it seems like if Tedd *only* ever wants to be a girl, that would be trans, not fluid, so there must be at least some times he actually *wants* to be male.)

Tedd may have declared his mark redundant, but I can't help but think that knowing that it is the *default* form that becomes a girl when she wants to, will feel more real to Tedd than having a female form added on by the TFG or watches.  Sort of a, "Finally, it's really me that's changing to match how I feel!"

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I keep waiting for him to declare that he really feels like a guy at some point, and I can't wait to see him trying out the extra-manly counterpart to her extra-girly form

I can't find it, but was Tedd extra buff and looking at him self in the mirror at the start of the Chronos Trigger NP set?

43 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I can't find it, but was Tedd extra buff and looking at him self in the mirror at the start of the Chronos Trigger NP set?

Yep. Though that's not really considered canon, I mean it could be if you place it happening after the MV5 storyline and believe that Tedd is trying out the forms that Sarah, Grace and Ellen came up with, but that's ultimately Dan's decision.

As for Tedd's genderfluidity, I think any time we've seen male Tedd is when he has no real desire to be female, hmm well, I guess that's not entirely true, Tedd could be suppressing the desire in the current story for all we know, but a lot of times that he's male could be because he doesn't feel female.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

As for Tedd's genderfluidity, I think any time we've seen male Tedd is when he has no real desire to be female, hmm well, I guess that's not entirely true, Tedd could be suppressing the desire in the current story for all we know, but a lot of times that he's male could be because he doesn't feel female.

He must be male in school and possibly is male more often that he would want around Edward. If he's in lab and Edward is out, however ...

22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

He must be male in school and possibly is male more often that he would want around Edward. If he's in lab and Edward is out, however ...

I'd phrase it as Tedd forcing himself to act male in certain circumstances (at school, around Dad) regardless of what gender he feels he is at any moment.

And this is why Tedd's lab and Grace are such godsends for Tedd.  In his Lab, Tedd has a safe space where he can be himself whether pursuing SCIENCE! or playing transformation games.  And Grace simply loves the entire being that is Tedd.  She can roll with either and contribute to both research and play.  Now we have Sarah who can join in both sides of that dance as well.  And she has. 

Hmm, maybe the fact that Tedd's first-level default girl form is so androgynous will be a good thing for 'em.  If Tedd were to switch right now, when Edward wasn't paying attention, change blindness might keep him from noticing for a while, if not miss it entirely.

6 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Hmm, maybe the fact that Tedd's first-level default girl form is so androgynous will be a good thing for 'em.  If Tedd were to switch right now, when Edward wasn't paying attention, change blindness might keep him from noticing for a while, if not miss it entirely.

Some how, I find it hard to believe that Edward would be affected by change blindness, his job for years has required him to scrutinize details and he likely hasn't become less vigilant despite his change in position. He was quick to notice that Tedd and Grace switched shirts back after the goo fight.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

Some how, I find it hard to believe that Edward would be affected by change blindness, his job for years has required him to scrutinize details and he likely hasn't become less vigilant despite his change in position. He was quick to notice that Tedd and Grace switched shirts back after the goo fight.

That's not quite the same thing.  He had noticed and made comments to Grace about the shirt, so it would be something he would have in his "details I'm tracking" part of his brain.  So when they came back, his detail tracker noticed.

Having a "detail tracker" thought process is something the Army tries, with more or less success, to train recon troops,scouts,snipers, and pilots in particular and every one in general.  "Situational Awareness" is the official term for it.  "Detail tracker" is what one of my recon instructors called.  Or "sweat the small crap1"  Having that skill trained into me is why I don't have normally miss things like the gorilla in the basket ball tossing video.  The only one I know I've missed is Ellen and Nanase changing shirts.  However, that was separated by a couple of days, and they were in different contexts.

1He didn't use the word crap, but that's the safe for work version.