• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Old Hack

Things you have no idea how to feel about

483 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

The bad news is I had a muscle spasm last night so hard I have muscle pain on both sides of my hips.

Oh, man, don't get yourself into that situation. Did your back muscles go on you or did your quads spasm?

3 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Oh, man, don't get yourself into that situation. Did your back muscles go on you or did your quads spasm?

Not the back.  Lower down

My refrigerator just sent a series of lengthy rapid-fire bursts of copper-tinged bubbling, in different pitches, at approximately 6:20 a.m.. mlooney, are you doing some early morning dishwashing?

5 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

My refrigerator just sent a series of lengthy rapid-fire bursts of copper-tinged bubbling, in different pitches, at approximately 6:20 a.m.. mlooney, are you doing some early morning dishwashing?

Calling HQ. Go to Condition Yellow. I say again, go to Condition Yellow. We have just received collaborating evidence and the stars are almost right.

Pharaoh RutinTutin likes this

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

Calling HQ. Go to Condition Yellow. I say again, go to Condition Yellow. We have just received collaborating evidence and the stars are almost right.

I'd say a fair number of stars are far-right, while our recently elected chief celebrity is out in the imaginary numbers axis.

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Are you trying to get N.A.T.O. or U.N.I.T. on the case?

43 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Are you trying to get N.A.T.O. or U.N.I.T. on the case?

I think this is under the jurisdiction of CONTROL.  Hopefully they'll send Agent 99 and not 86.

mlooney and ijuin like this

23 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

mlooney, are you doing some early morning dishwashing?

Not at the time you were posting.

On 3/19/2017 at 5:07 PM, ProfessorTomoe said:
On 3/19/2017 at 3:47 PM, mlooney said:

The bad news is I had a muscle spasm last night so hard I have muscle pain on both sides of my hips.

On 3/19/2017 at 5:11 PM, mlooney said:

Not the back.  Lower down

Putting this here as a follow-up.  Hip and/or back pain almost totally gone and I haven't taken any pain drugs in over 16 hours.  Still get intermittent muscle spasms, but meh, can live with that.

1 minute ago, mlooney said:

Putting this here as a follow-up.  Hip and/or back pain almost totally gone and I haven't taken any pain drugs in over 16 hours.  Still get intermittent muscle spasms, but meh, can live with that.

Glad to hear it. Now we just need to get the Prof back on the right track, too.

mlooney likes this

I've decided to make a "mad scientist" shop/catalog for my maybe finished by the end of the year RPG.  The current working name "Mortimer and Rodger's Weapons and Supplies."  This means I'm going to need rules for air powered chemical delivery systems (aka paintballs).  I'm also going through the back issues of TWB to find all the odd stuff that Doc and Rodger have built or had around.

[edit]

the total number of items in that list is 101.  That does include a few things that aren't technically theirs.

The Old Hack likes this

1 minute ago, Don Edwards said:

Be careful of trademark and copyright there, mlooney...

I'm quite aware of those issues.

While you're at it, could you direct me to a glossary of paintball terminology? There's a few words that TWB doesn't describe very clearly . . .

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I'm quite aware of those issues.

Never hurts to ask permission to include, with a credit somewhere...

The Old Hack likes this

50 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Never hurts to ask permission to include, with a credit somewhere...

That is part of the plan.

Vorlonagent and The Old Hack like this

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

I've decided to make a "mad scientist" shop/catalog for my maybe finished by the end of the year RPG.  The current working name "Mortimer and Rodger's Weapons and Supplies."  This means I'm going to need rules for air powered chemical delivery systems (aka paintballs).  I'm also going through the back issues of TWB to find all the odd stuff that Doc and Rodger have built or had around.

[edit]

the total number of items in that list is 101.  That does include a few things that aren't technically theirs.

If you include their wormhole generator, be sure it is labeled clearly with "May disrupt space/time continuum" and "Incautious Use May Cause End of Universe."

36 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

If you include their wormhole generator, be sure it is labeled clearly with "May disrupt space/time continuum" and "Incautious Use May Cause End of Universe."

Oh yeah, that goes in it.

The Old Hack likes this

And can the Pizza Teleporter have a table of random outcomes which the GM can pretend to be rolling off of, including things like the pizza landing two feet above the players' heads (or just whichever single player has annoyed the GM most recently), or arriving covered in live anchovies instead of dead ones?

ijuin likes this

The "2001 Monolith Inaction Figure" recently crossed my FB feed.

I wrote this product warning for it:

Do not expose product to proto-hominids such as middle-managers or small children. Unpredictable evolution may result.

Do not expose product to gas giants of jupiter-mass or above. Spontaneous star formation may result.

Product may emit a stargate. Passing any object or person through stargate voids warranty.

On 3/23/2017 at 3:48 PM, The Old Hack said:

Sorry, didn't the wormhole generator cause the BEGINNING of the universe rather than the end?

9 hours ago, ijuin said:

Sorry, didn't the wormhole generator cause the BEGINNING of the universe rather than the end?

Both. But it only got restarted because Doc located the Primeval Paintball.

On ‎03‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:48 PM, The Old Hack said:

"Incautious Use May Cause End of Universe."

Can I still use it to end the universe if I use it carefully?