• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Old Hack

Things you have no idea how to feel about

483 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I have finally come to the conclusion that not all my computers need to be capable of editing image files, editing documents, and being used as a development machine.

I would hope they'd all be capable of at least editing text.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I would hope they'd all be capable of at least editing text.

Editing documents, in this case, means having full LaTeX installed.  But yeah, everything I work on for more than a few minutes ends up with vim installed on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mlooney said:

I have finally come to the conclusion that not all my computers need to be capable of editing image files, editing documents, and being used as a development machine.

And as a corollary, if you have things loaded on a machine that doesn't fit its current use in your workflow, you don't have to remove them unless you are low on space.   Low on space means not enough space to hold a 100% backup of your last three projects on that machine, regardless of what size the hard drive is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have my projects on my computer, my phone, my tablet, and an external hard drive.

Unfortunately, the software I need to work on them relies on Java, and supposedly to run Java on my tablet I have to root it - and attempts to do so, to date, have failed. (The phone is rooted but its screen is way too small to be usable with this software.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mlooney said:

Editing documents, in this case, means having full LaTeX installed.  But yeah, everything I work on for more than a few minutes ends up with vim installed on it.

Wouldn't that be rendering documents, rather than editing them? /pedantic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HarJIT said:

Wouldn't that be rendering documents, rather than editing them? /pedantic

meh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

B U G G E R M E

This makes me kinda sad, but also surprisingly hopeful.

Last week I went to my psychiatrist and talked over a few things. I mostly organized it as a preamble for possible employment. Unfortunately because of the doctor's trip (and several other factors I'll not mention) I'll have to table that. Sadly, I've been diagnosed with severe anxiety, Social Interaction disorder, and I'm still waiting for the results that I got from a test, but I may be AD/HD if what I inferred from my doctor is correct.

This is good and bad, bad because this obviously means i have to have extended therapy for a while according to her; good news is this gives me more time to write, and on top of that at least this means I finally understand my random spots of sadness; they were probably anxiety attacks, and since i know what they are now I can finally get treatment. Which is going to be a massive relief since those things have been the bane of my existence since I started college.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Red Regent said:

B U G G E R M E

This makes me kinda sad, but also surprisingly hopeful.

Last week I went to my psychiatrist and talked over a few things. I mostly organized it as a preamble for possible employment. Unfortunately because of the doctor's trip (and several other factors I'll not mention) I'll have to table that. Sadly, I've been diagnosed with severe anxiety, Social Interaction disorder, and I'm still waiting for the results that I got from a test, but I may be AD/HD if what I inferred from my doctor is correct.

This is good and bad, bad because this obviously means i have to have extended therapy for a while according to her; good news is this gives me more time to write, and on top of that at least this means I finally understand my random spots of sadness; they were probably anxiety attacks, and since i know what they are now I can finally get treatment. Which is going to be a massive relief since those things have been the bane of my existence since I started college.

I am glad you will finally receive treatment. It will make a world of difference. It'll also take some getting used to, but once you're past that phase and into the acceptance phase, you'll be able to function more efficiently than you have in the past. Just make sure you stay in close contact with your doctor and report any and all problems so that they can fine-tune your treatment properly. Don't sit and accept a treatment that feels wrong - get it fixed quickly!

CritterKeeper and The Old Hack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0